Monday, October 27, 2008

Unity + VSN = FUN!!!!!

So did you get a chance to check out any of the Mini VSN challenges on Friday night on Splitcoast???? It's a fun time with a Cabaret theme this round........and you have until November 9 to play and upload!!! It's a prelude to the big 2 night VSN on November 14 and 15. Check it out HERE to get all the info you need!!!! I even got to host one of the challenges and it's always such a blast!!!


This one was for the Makeshift Costume challenge. Which was to use scraps. And I so hate to admit just how many scraps I have!! LOL You know those ladies who just can't bear to cut into a new sheet of cardstock or dsp?? And they use up every little piece before they can cut into a new one??? Well...........I admire them sooooooooooo much!!!!! I have an "issue" with just grabbing a nice, new, fresh piece and cutting it to the dimension I need!! LOL Oh my you should see MY pile of scraps.........it's huge!!! As are many of the actual scraps!!!! My sister-in-law loves to come over and just cut up, punch out and cuttlebug some of my scraps for her stash!!! I'm sick, I tell ya!!!! :) And far toooooo addicted to Designer Papers!!! Anyway.......sorry I got off on a tangent.......LOL........I really wanted to try a weaving technique. I never have before, and so this is what I came up with. I used Bella Rose dp ( I LOVE IT) and wove a piece big enough for a 5" square card. Then accented with these butterflies from the Butterfly Beauty kit by Unity Stamps. You know how much I'm in LOVE with this kit????!!!!! TONS!!!!! LOL Of course I had to color and glitter them!!!


Allright then........seriously I have issues with this card!! It was for the Quick Costume Change challenge. Which was to use the Emerging Color Technique. Another brand new one for me!! And I sooooo love learning new things!!! The only problem is that I didn't use a dark enough ink to brayer over the top, so the color shows through more than just through the butterfly. Oh well! I did like how much easier this technique was than I first thought!!! So I'll try it again sometime. I used one of the butterflies from my Butterfly Beauty kit again!!!! Any surprise??? LOL Also the Hullabaloo stamp for the background. A very cool design I might add!!!


Now this is my favorite card of the evening!!!! I don't often say that because it's always hard to judge your own creations without seeing all the flaws!! I know there are flaws in this card too..........but this Dream Tree by Unity is so elegant, beautiful, stately, delicate.......that even on it's own it is just STUNNING!!! But I chose this image for the Inspired By Moulin Rouge challenge. Which was to pick one of the costumes and make a card using it as your inspiration. I chose one that was entitled Pink Diamonds. Okay, now I ***know*** none of you can possibly be surprised at THAT choice!!!! ROFL So this elegant tree just called to have pink diamonds adorning it!!! And I used one of the sentiments from the Simply Said kit. Such beautiful sentiments!!!
Well......I made some other VSN creations, but I'll share them in another post as this one is long enough already!!!! LOL Do try to play along as I know you'll be inspired by the fun Cabaret theme of the VSN challenges!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

28 comments:

  1. Oh, goodie - I'm first to comment tonight! Your cards are so stunning. I was just looking at my 'Priceless' stamp set today and wanting to find an idea for a swap, and here you've given me a beauty!! I love the woven look with the sparkly butterflies - that's so effective the way you put a raised corner on the card. And your dream tree? Well, it's dreamy! Thank you so much for sharing Lee - you're a diamond yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lee... I love the sparkles you added to the tree. My favorite one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your cards!!! Love the woven look and the the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, Lee! The tree is my favorite, too. I've never tried VSN, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Ooh Ooh these are STUNNINGLY gorgeous!

    This is IT...I have to buy Unity Stamps. I've seen 3 of my favorite blogs with beautifully stunning cards using their stamps. I'm gonna have to break down and buy some. Thanks, enablers...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh they are all so pretty. I do love the tree...such a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards! All the cards are fantastic!! I always look forward to viewing your blog to see what new creation you have created.

    I have the same problem, I have a huge pile of scraps. I always go for a fresh full sheet piece of paper whether it be cs or dp.

    Have a crafty week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You done it again Lee. Love the cards. I really like the emerging color one. It reminds me of batik fabrics which are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the tree card and your emerging technique turned out really cool, those colors you chose are groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the tree card and your emerging technique turned out really cool, those colors you chose are groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're all gorgeous, Lee! You have such an eye for design and color. I especially love the last one, with the tree, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous cards - my favorite is the tree with the pink bling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all stunning cards! I love the way the butterflies look powdery & glittery (as though they're real!) I hear you about cutting into fresh paper. You're not alone (hangs head in shame) lol. Love the tree with the bling too. It is so stately! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lee, all your cards are just gorgeous, love, love all of them

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW!!! Lee, such fabulous eye candy from you - I am catching up on my blog reading, and I love coming to yours because you always have such great posts!! Beautiful projects, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lee, all you cards are awesome!! Those butterfly cards are so cool - I really like the techniques you used with them both. And, you're right - that tree is pretty cool and your card is amazing.

    Great job on all 3 - can't wait to see what else you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all so pretty! I think the tree one is my favorite too. You have just a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great quilt card. I love that Unity tree stamp. Beautiful.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lee ~ Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the paper weaving on the first card and the glittery butterflies! That Emerging Color Technique sounds like a lot of fun. I will have to try that out. I think your card turned out so pretty! I love the pink & brown tree card! It is beautiful! I love that tree stamp and the pink diamonds you put on it...fabulous!!!

    Christi D.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG girl!! You have really been WOWING me lately! All of them are fantastic but I LOVE that last one too. Totally my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome cards... AGAIN!!! Love each one - the weaving... emerging colour sounds like a greatly fun technique to try... and the brown tree with pink diamonds... each is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those mounted butterflies, Lee. The whole design is just wonderful! Your second card is just so creative! You may not see it, because you were wanting something different. Sometimes that's how masterpieces are done. A real work of art. Your last card is drop dead gorgeous. I love the design and the bling too!

    PS Have you thought of having a Follow Me in your side bar. I went looking for it to Follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOHHHHH AAHHHHHHH!!! Those are all
    so precious!!! You are one awesome
    card maker girl!!! Love the butterflies on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, these butterfly cards are gorgeous! I love LOVE the patch quilt looking one--how beautiful and creative! And this tree-THUD!!!--I'm going to have to go now cuz I'm drooling on my keyboard!!! AWesome stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OHHHH I love this cool tree and the bling you've added to it. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your new cards Lee, and how different they are from each other! :-)
    I have lots of scraps but sometimes I tend to forget!! The secret to using them is having them organized and available!! There's something fun though in finding a tiny piece of paper that you didn't remember you had and will make just the little difference on your card! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply stunning Lee - love them all but that tree - wow...just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is absolutely fantatic lee!
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!