Friday, May 2, 2008

The Good........and The Bad & Ugly!





Allrighty my blogging friends...........this first challenge card I really like!! It was for the SCS Color Challenge and for the Sketch Challenge. I was a bit intimidated at first by this long and lean card........I mean that's a lot of space!! But I got brave and did a little scoring design with my Scor Pal to help break up all the empty whiteness! I think it turned out pretty good..........my dd even likes it!! She does NOT like my pinky, glittery stuff!! LOL






Now........this card is the bad and ugly...........I must apologize to Melanie..........I'M SORRY!!!! This card is just not nearly as cute as her froggies really are!! This is for the Limited Supplies challenge, which I often don't do as I don't like to be limited!! LOL I was trying some masculine colors and a color combo that is soooooooooo completely out of my comfort zone! Obviously! I used my Sakura Glaze pen to make the froggies shiny.......but also to try to hide the coloring lines. I love my Prismas.........but although I'm sooooo happy to have ALL the SU inkpads and markers.........coloring with the markers leaves lines!! Any suggestions???? Well, I just plain don't like this card.........but I have vowed to always post every card I make............not just the ones I like!! LOL I never, ever have to worry about getting a stamping ego..............I've raised my children to be honest!! I showed my dd the card and she said, "Well, not every card you make can be spectacular." And there ya have it!! Honesty.................now ***why*** didn't I teach them to lie???!! ROFL I promise I'll make a cute, girlie, glittery, princessy froggy card soon!!



But we'll be up early to go to closing for the new house and to do some cleaning before starting the hauling work!!! I'll keep you all posted!!!



~ Have A Creative Day! ~

15 comments:

  1. Do you know thoughts of trying to make something like your yesterday's card kept me awake last night?? I really have to try making one of those soon!

    That lighthouse card is fabulous, It's perfect. The length of it really suits the lighthouse, and the words are lovely.

    Now I know the froggy card isn't your usual style, but it still has me looking and liking it! I think we sometimes don't like things cos they are different to our usual methods, and this one is a cute card. I think of kid's birthdays when I see it :-)

    Hope your preparations to move go smoothly! We had a request for a month's extension on settlement date and granted it. It means our moving date will be early July, if all goes well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both cards.. The frog card is great!!
    Have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both cards are adorable! Don't be so hard on yourself. Have you seen some of the cards I've made? LOL Hope everything goes well today! You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, oh, oh.....I love the frog card. I like this little guy 'cause he's just so happy. I love the circles all around too. You have not only raised a honest daughter, but also a tactful one too. Power to Ya!!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe, you are brave!! I have a few cards (maybe 2 or 3 in almost a year, not too bad...) that never made it to the blog but took a dive in the trash can instead! LOL

    This really makes me laugh because I have colored frogs with shiny gel pens in the past and it was such a ugly disaster it didn't even make it to the card!!
    I don't think the rest of the card is bad though! :-)

    Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything weny smoothly and well. Congratulations on your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the closing. Both cards are lovely. Your frog card is cute. Have a great weekend!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. great cards on both counts, Lee! I hope your moving is going well! Keep us updated as you go! The exciting and stress of it all! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lighthouse card is fabulous...love the embossing and the brads...perfect finishes! The frog card is cute! Love the lily pads and the sparkle..don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the lighthouse is nice - I have a hard time with long vertical cards too but you totally pulled it off. The frogs are cute - different but cute. love the flowers on them. your daughter's comment was funny.Julie Buhler did a tutorial on no copics no problem (using SU! markers - I will forward to you) but you said you'd be getting your copics soon, right?) NO LINES with those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that lighthouse card, it's absolutely gorgeous!!

    Congrats on your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I went through and read all your posts and I think I am caught up(you have been busy in my absence-LOL!!). I think all of your work is super fabulous and you shouldn't be hard on yourself or apologize!! You are so super sweet, and so is your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First your long card rocks!!! Love the Scor-pal lines, it really does add a lot to it!

    I think the froggy card is adorable...you're too hard on yourself silly rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the lighthouse card. I'm so stuck on 5-1/2 x 4 cards that I rarely make anything else. You may just have inspired me to try something out of my comfort zone....we'll see.
    I've been looking a lot at your froggies. I don't think it's bad or ugly....just maybe a bit over done...by any chance can the flowers be removed? I think I'd really like it then.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!