Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lovely As A Tree


I finally inked up this set!! I'd wanted it for so long.......but it came when I got a ton of new stuff and I kinda-sorta forgot about it!! LOL Don't tell my dh that............I'm still working on convincing him just WHY I need new stamps often!!! LOL

The SCS Featured Stamper was perfect for this set!! I basically kept a similar layout...which is really cool!!! I thought this set is really perfect for sympathy or thinking of you cards. I know I make lots of girlie and bling-y cards!! So I figured I'd make some more appropriate for masculine or solemn occasions. The sentiment is from the new Gina K. Comfort & Peace set. I kept it fairly monochromatic in Creamy Caramel and Vanilla with a bit of Chocolate Chip.

I'm in the middle of the Safari Inspiration challenge card............ummmmmmmm.........it's not going as planned and I nearly threw the whole thing in the trash!!! LOL So I decided to go watch t.v. with dh and try again tomorrow!! Sometimes that just happens!! Ah well.............please tell me I'm not alone!!! "See" you all tomorrow my friends!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

21 comments:

  1. This card is lovely, the background is very elegent and I love the colours!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you are NOT alone! I do that quite often, actually. Sometimes, you just need a break to come back with a fresh perspective. I love this card and I love that you used it with Gina's new sympathy set! How totally perfect! You know, I'm using the Lovely As A Tree set for sympathy a lot, but the sentiment were never there, now this solves it! Very cool-too bad we even need sympathy cards at all, but since we do, this is a wonderful idea to match these 2 sets. Your subtle colors scheme is perfect and what a great sketch too! A great card, my lovely Lee! hugs for a happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!! I love the brads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this stamp set, too. It is usually the first one I grab for a sympathy card or a masculine card for the guys in my life as well.

    I love how you kept it monochromatic. The Comfort and Peace set is perfect with this image and for this type of card. Great job, Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Card is fabulous- as usual! You do such marvelous work- wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so Luvlee Lee! K...I just had to do that! Wonderful monochromatic card...love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,I'm new to your blog and just subscribed. I saw your posts often on other blogs and decided to check your blog out!!! Wow your work is amazing!!! I'll be back on a regular base to drool over your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it--great monochromatic card and love the sentiment! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great card - this is definitely one of my all-time favorite sets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card... I love the layout of everything. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. come back anytime! thanks for you kind comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My! What a wonderful looking card. I love the color scheme,
    Soft and yet very manly.

    Lee thanks for stopping by my blog and checking in on me.


    PS: you have yourself a super creative day too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is gorgeous Lee!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card, Lee.... lovely tree :) I love the whole look - it's serene & the sentiment is perfect! Your work never ceases to amaze me.. thanks for sharing it with us!!

    p.s. you are SO not alone...

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous card! I love all your creations. No you are not alone, this happens to me often but I don't have patience I usually end up throwing it out and starting fresh the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card!! Love the mono coloring!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the "old world" feel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS Lee!!! Love the monochromatic look and the trees look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautifuly!! I love the layout...and it feels so warm! Excellent work! Hugs, Ash~
    www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!