Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chocolatey Goodness!!!

First..........thank you so much to all my friends and new blogging buddies for the delightful and happy b'day wishes!! You brought many smiles to my face today!!

Just a quick post as I reallllllly am trying to get better at getting some sleep each night!!! LOL This was a fun combination challenge card............the Technique Lover's Challenge from yesterday was a gift card holder and the Color Challenge today was Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, and Chocolate Chip!!! Hellllllllloooooooooo?????? Did someone just say Pink and Chocolate in the same sentence???!!!! LOL





It really was simple to make, but I added the same amount of layers to each side of the inside ('cuz they HAVE to be balanced, KWIM??) and so it would not even come close to staying closed!!! So I decided to add some ribbon and just make a little bow to hold it closed. This is one reason why you can **never** have too much ribbon!!! I used a new favorite stamp set, Cupcake by Hero Arts. I colored the cupcakes with the correct SU markers and cut them out. I went over them with Glaze pens and Stickles. Of course!! I didn't have the word window punch to make the gift card slot, so I just sliced it with a razor and then made the little circle punch cut. I made my own little pink gift card just to show how it would look. And now I have a Gift Card Holder ready for a special occasion...........I'm thinking of making several of these in various colors and themes to have handy!!!





Okay.........I'm headed to bed........and tomorrow I'll be working on the Gina K. party challenges!!! See you all later!!!



~ Have A Creative Day! ~

19 comments:

  1. Very nice Lee! What a great idea to create a few of these to have on hand! Love the cupcakes! Hope your birthday was a great day for you! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, Dare I say you have out done even yourself. This is wonderful. I love those cupcakes! And the Sentiment says it all!!!! Great job. The ribbon is a great idea I think it really make the holder seem like a true gift! You rock!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable -- YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. I love the front! A great gift. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMM, yummy card. Happy bday
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the cutest...making cupcakes on your b-day! See my pm for my dorkiness on your b-day goodies. Hope you had as wonderful a day as your card - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to you, hope you had a wonderful day!! I love all your creations. This creation is very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Lee!!! (sorry it's late) Your gift card is adorable with a capital A!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to eat this card! I love these cupcakes, they look so chocolatey and I never met a chocolate cupcake that I didn't like! I love that you made it a fun gift card holder too, extra cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Fab way to give a birthday gift..and I love the sentiemnt! I don't want the whole day...just give me the cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is freaking awesome!! I love it!! Makes me hungry for a cuppycake!! Umm, can ya teach me how to make these this summer pretty please!! Happy Day After Your Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sieze the cupcake- HA!! :) very cute! I'm going to try one of the these GC holders

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! I missed your birthday! I'm so sorry - I hope you had a great day!

    This card is amazing - I'm drooling just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card, and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are yummy, love the sparkle and the awesome ribbon! Love the sparkly bronc buster too, fabulous and your story was too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is fantastic. Love everything about it. :) Great colors and love the cupcakes. Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!