Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ahhhh........Springtime In The Rockies!!!

Okay, just a quick non-crafting post!! I know that many of my wonderful and fellow stampers and bloggers are blissfully welcoming Spring with Flowers and warm weather!! Buttttt.......Spring is a different animal altogether here in the Colorado mountains!!! :)






Look at what was in my front yard as our Winter Storm Warning took effect!!! Brave little Robin!!! LOL I always think it's funny when we go out and hear others (obviously new to the Mountain State!!) complain that Spring should be here!!! Ummmmmmmm........it IS!!!! Spring is an interesting season in any place you live........but it really can mean 80* one day and a Snowstorm the next here!!! But that's what keeps it interesting and fun!! We actually only ended up with about 6"........but there's way more in some drifts!!!!



Oh and quick update on the house..........YAAAAAY!!!! The homeowner's insurance will pay for the new roof.........I'll leave unsaid just how unreasonable and nasty the homeowners have been!! I'm just glad they actually already moved out!!! The roof has to be done before closing, so we may be delayed a couple of weeks, but that just gives me more time to pack!!!! LOL



Okay.......I'm off to stamp so I have some more fun projects to post later!!!!





~ Have A Creative Day! ~

15 comments:

  1. Spring means snow down here in New Mexico too. Stop by for a chance at blog candy!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I think the snow is finally done in lower west Michigan! My continued thoughts as you proceed to address new house issues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's all I'm going to say... LOL Congrats on the house!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee, what a gorgeous though COLD looking photo!! Poor little robin. I hope he had somewhere warm to go. It's just getting cooler here -we put a blanket on the bed this week. LoL!

    I had no idea you were expereinceing such difficulties over your lovely new home. I hope they all settle down and you can move in with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That little bird looks so vulnerable! I saw on GMA today that it was snowing in CO and I immediately thought of you and my other friend in the Rockies, Etha. I didn't know if you had any and sure enough, both you and she posted pics of the snow you woke up to this morning, haha! I think it's charming, really. We have plenty of time for warm Spring and Summer weather--a snow storm in April sounds fun to me! Coolness on your new dwellings moving along--it's never easy like it should be, is it. We are staying put for a while just for that reason...and nobody in our neighborhood or town can really sell thier house right now! :P crazy! Hugs till tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow. How fun. My poor little guy has begged to see snow for 2 winters now and we haven't even been able to take him. I told him he played in the snow when he was 2 but he doesn't remember it. Funny that I am off to play in the sand and you can play in the snow all in the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GEEZ, that sounds like every season here!!Lovely picture and good luck with the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so feel the cold, but I live in Colorado too, I can't wait for the last snow to be gone so I can quit messing with the wood stove...haha, we have had snow clear to June before! At least we have good indoor hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness....we were suppose to get up to 10cm of snow last night, but it didn't materialize. We have the cold temperatures again, but not the white stuff. But in Edmonton, you wait 5 minutes and anything can happen!!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Gosh, Girly!!! It is 80 degrees here in Louisville, Ky today. I'm sending sunshine your way!! :o) Have a beautiful weekend! Hugs, Ash~
    www.ashleyscreativecorner.com
    www.treehousestamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wahhhh...I want SNOW. *pouting*

    I can't remember the last time we had 6" - guess I AM going to have to come out and visit. Then I get to see you AND snow! ;-)

    Gotta love those hardy CO robins - they're not scared of a little snow!

    Somehow I missed that you were having problems with the house...hope everything gets fixed up quickly-including the sellers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Lee your comments always encourage me as a wife and mother.((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This storm is actually headed for us this weekend! I'm not looking forward to it - the snow just melted this week, and now there's more coming! Enough already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news about the roof--woohoo! Glad it will be covered.

    Boy--that scene makes me cold--hard to imagine when it is 85 here today! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spring is a crazy time of year but SNOW!! You can keep it. LOL! Glad to hear the roof will be fixed.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!