First.......a very FUN challenge for today's Try A New Technique SCS challenge. We were to ink the "negative" side of a Cuttlebug folder and then put our piece of c/s in and run it thru the Cuttlebug. I admit.....I saw the Kub (Kurtis) do this as soon as he got his Cuttlebug because his brain is ALWAYS thinking!!! LOL But I hadn't actually tried it myself until this challenge was posted! I don't know why not.........it's SUPER easy!!! And sure does make a wonderful look!!! I used Lavendar Lace and then Black and White c/s along with some WONDERFUL Basic Grey dsp. I love it........love it.........love it!!!!! I used Cammie's new set Framed Flowers and used the watercolor technique. Just a little bit of decorating with piercing, ribbon "tied" around the bouquet and some rain drops. I didn't put a sentiment on the front as I really just liked the look of the flowers framed in the center!!
Next......you all have GOT to check out this "Hippy" and "Hoppy" card by Barb.........and tell me just how absolutely CREATIVE and ADORABLE, etc, etc. this is!!!!
And now.............my 7 Random facts as I was tagged by Jessie.....aka Knightrone on SCS. Oh go check out her blog.........she's AMAZING!!!! Here ya go Jessie:
1. I wanted to be a writer or a chef. Now I get to do both!! I write for fun.......no books or stories or things like my dd who wants to be an author. Just free-writing.......and by hand.......I find it very relaxing and cathartic. I also do lots of cooking!!!
2. I used to be HORRIBLY shy!!! Yeah, I know.....ME!!!??? LOL I grew out of it after I married a shy man and had 2 very shy children and I needed to be the one to make friends for all of us!! Thankfully my hubby and kids have gotten a bit better........but I know I sure have lots more fun than when I was shy!!!
3. I want to publish a book of poetry or recipes!! Or both!! LOL The recipe book really that I'm planning on doing is the Heirloom Recipe book with dh's mom and family. At least we know family will buy copies!!! LOL
4. I'm a shopping addict........yep!! I've had to be really aware of that as I spend when I'm down and that's soooooo not a good habit to pass along to the kiddos!!
5. I don't like bananas! Very strange and random fact, eh??!!! LOL
6. I LOVE Doris Day movies!!! No.......I am NOT that old!!! LOL My grandparents watched them and so I'd sit with them to enjoy their company and got hooked!!! Now my dd loves them too!!!
7. I'm actually allergic to our pets!! Not life-threateningly or that severe........but enough to need allergy meds sometimes........but they're worth it!!! (usually!! LOL)
Okay..........I'm terrible at Tagging back...........so I'll throw out another "if you can think of 7 fun facts you'd like to share".......then please do!!!! :)