Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gina K. Release Party Challenges and A Fun Blog Candy Win!!!

The party was soooooo fun.........but I know I already blabbed all about that..............so this will be a quick post just to show the challenge cards I did. I had really wanted to try challenge #2.......but it was a 12x12 scrapbook page layout and all my scrappin' stuff is still packed!! So I did the other 3!!!

This was a Sketch Challenge found here: Challenge #1. I used Wild Wasabi, Sparkle Green, Cameo Coral and Whisper White. I used the Gina K. Make A Wish stamp set. It's just a very simple card........but I DID add some bling!!!!


This was a Color Challenge found here: Challenge #3. We were to use Soft Sky, Taken With Teal and Pumpkin Pie. I like those colors together!!!! I thought of doing something Boho.........but I don't have any of those stamps...............yet!! I used Gina's Tag, You're It stamp set for this.......and, of course, my Nesties!!!


This was for another Sketch Challenge found here: Challenge #4. We were to make a scene!! Now.....my first (and very smart-alecky self) wanted to make a toddler throwing a tantrum on the card.........but I had no such stamp!!! So..........a scenery scene it is!!! LOL I just love this Hippo!!!! I used the Gina K........Melanie Muenchinger Just So Hippy set. I colored with Prisma pencils and used Gamsol. Then I cut her tail out to make it 3D so she could actually hold the basket of flowers!! And why YES!!! You noticed the stickles??? Yep!! She's a girly hippo here!! And has toenail polish and her tooth glistens and her blue eyes shine!! Oh and so do the butterflies!!!


Now...............guess what??? I also won some Blog Candy!!! Melanie had posted about a fellow blogger, Wendi, who's nephew was shaving his head to raise money for Children's Cancer research. Anyone who donated was entered into the contest..........and let me tell you...........some amazing prizes from all kinds of stamp designers, etc. Go check it out!! I won a CD full of Erika Martin's own artistic creativity!! As her blog is an absolutely amazing place with FAB, FAB, FABulous projects and designs.........I can only imagine how I will treasure this prize!!! Thank you Wendi and Erika!!!!! I'm a happy, happy girl!!! And, even more so, happy and proud to see teenagers that are awesome being recognized and standing up for wonderful causes!!! Go Jeremy!!! And now his brother Zach!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Lee! I just finished commenting on two of these cards over at SCS - I missed the other one somehow - sorry about that! And now I know the hippo is a girl and I didn't know that when I was on SCS. I love your humour and of course, wherever you have used BLING! (Tooth polish - lol!!)

    And congratulations on winning the blog candy!! This is your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the challenges these are all wonderful!! Love the Hippo with the bucket of flowers hanging on his tail!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards I love the colors and the added embellishments are just right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards are GREAT as usual! I love the hippo scene with the basket on the tail - too CUTE! congratulations on your new home...it sounds/looks marvelous!! Esp your own stamp room! I read it all *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee, you've been busy girl. all 3 cards are great but I have to say I love, love your hippo card... too cute and love the way you cut HER tail and added a basket... very clever =)

    and yes, I'm here at work dragging myself.. i'm too tired...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked these challenges Lee!

    The first card - love what you did with this layout. The sponging around the cake really makes the cards so soft and sweet! Love the bling...perfect touch.

    The second card - too cute! Love the background you created, it really makes the hardware pop!

    The third card - sooo genius of you to pop the tail...it really makes it look like the basket is hanging from it's tail. And LOOOVE the stickles on the toes, so girlie and fun!

    Congrats again on wining the blog candy...and yes, now that I'm fully caffeinated I can tell the difference between the #5 & #8 - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent job on the challenges! You have a been crafter. I love that hippo I have to get that set. I love Erika's blog she is such an inspiration. Congrats on the awsome blog candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the hippo on the scalloped circle with the green flower... luvlee! :o) Thanks for coming to see my site, I am having a giveaway there if you wanna come see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been busy! Love the basket on the tail, GREAT idea! ccongrats onANOTHER candy win! (can I come rub you for luck??)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on all the challenge cards!! I didn't do the second challenge, because I am sooo not a scrapbooker!! Congrats on your candy win!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are ALL fabulous! Love that hippo with the swingin' basket of flowers, hehe, so cute! Yay for you, I thought that was you! Erika's so cool and I'm so happy you won something! You're so kind to donate too, wasn't that a great cause?! I thought so--Wendi is the CAS design team with me and she worked so hard for this, thanks for being a part of it! hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the win.....what a great cause. Plus, these cards are fantastic. WOW...they are so gorgeous. Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!