Monday, March 10, 2008

Faux Cloisonne and Cammie's Challenge!!




Oh what an absolutely AMAZING Technique Challenge this was!! Faux Cloisonne on SCS. It's so elegant and beautiful!! And much easier than it first appears!!! All I did was stamp Morning Soft in Versamark onto a beautiful, glossy floral picture in a magazine. I just love Birds & Blooms!! Then I embossed it in Gold and cut it out. I had to do some piercing, but didn't want to take away from the gorgeous flowers........so I kept the bling to a minimum! Aren't you shocked!!!! LOL I decided black velvet ribbon would look rich......but didn't want a lot of it..........so I made some cuts with my razor knife and tucked it inside the card. I hope those cuts don't look to funky.......I need some kind of punch that would do that better!! I just loved these victorian brads. I built a card around it and actually as the last step I covered it in Crystal Effects. Now that takes a while to dry!! Do try this technique as it's so fun!!! And then let me know so I can see your gorgeous creations!!!






Now.......Cammie posted a challenge a couple days ago to start the countdown to the Gina K. release party on Splitcoast. WHICH IS TONITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The challenge was to use Lovely Lilac and Certainly Celery. We could add Yoyo Yellow if we wanted.........but I decided to keep it a little more muted. I used Gina K.'s Baskets of Happiness. I colored with SU Markers ('cuz I don't have all the colors of Copics yet!!!). I thought I'd try the microbead look........I like how it kinda makes the images look like stained glass! But, alas!!! I used the red tacky tape and have some lines going thru my image!! No worries!! I'm just saying that it's a wooden "plank" look that I planned!!!! LOL Then a fellow stamper, stampertammy, commented on my card and told me about the Xyron!!! AHA!!! I just **knew** there had to be more toys I needed!!!!

Maybe I should get some sleep...........after all, I have to be wide-eyed and bushy-tailed for the Gina K. party!!!! I hope to see you all there!!!

8 comments:

  1. Great card with the cloisonne technique and I love the card you did for Cammie's challenge... Those colors are so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both card are beautiful, I've seen the cloisonne technique but not dared to try it... goodluck =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That faux cloisonne looks amazing. I'm going to have to try that! I love both of these cards. You are so talented! Thanks for the inspiration!

    And thank you for the blog candy. WOW! What a ton of amazing stuff. I can't wait to play! I'll go shopping this week to PIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cards look great!!!! I am so enthused about the cloisonne- just got my Michael Strong cloisonne stamps in the mail. As soon as I am up and around, I HAVE to try this! YOUR results are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are beautiful, but I ecspecially love the one for Carolyn's challenge!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faux cloissone - What a great technique - must try that one, and soon! And the other card is so pretty. I can't see the red lines you spoke of. But I'll take your word for it! Lol!

    Xyrons are great little machines. You'll enjoy one if you do take the plunge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly wow!!! Great cards, but I love, love, love the one you did for Cammie's Color Challenge! Sorry I'm so behind on reading your blog, boy have I been missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards..I have to try that cloisonne technique...looks so cool. I love your gina k challenge card too---beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!