Sunday, February 24, 2008

Look What You Can Do With Stamps!!


So..........many of you may already have tried this..........but I hadn't!!!! I wanted to try stamping something other than a card today! Well.........partly because I wanted to try out my wings and get a little more creative......partly because my stamping table's a disaster!!!!! ROFL!!!! ANYWAY....................I used to Cross Stitch all the time............huh?? I wonder..............maybe...........???? So I go get my Cross Stitch container out of dd's closet.........yes, it's been a while!! LOL And, of course, I'm still in the Just So Hoppy contest mode!! So................how about a cute bookmark??? YUP!! That's a small project and shouldn't take me too long!! So..........a bookmark, the Hoppy Froggy stamp, and some black stazon...........and PRESTO!!! I have a pattern on my bookmark!!! I just followed my lines.........of course some are a bit uneven........I need to refine those half-crosses!! But.........he's pretty cute!! Or she's pretty cute!!! I added some tiny Primas with little jewels for centers and thought up an appropriate bookish and hoppyish sentiment!! Not too bad!!! What do you think???
I actually found a few books left from when my kiddos were little!! We gave most of them to nieces and nephews thru the years........oh I can't tell you how many books this house always has!! I'm not sure if we have more books or more stamps!!! LOL Anyway........the top book in this pile is called Cody, the Cocoa Bean. It's a story all about how Cocoa is made and starts out with a little boy bean named Cody. Well...........as some of you may know.........that's our son's name.........so this was a special book for us!!!! Of course it got saved!!! And how cute to use to stage the photo!!! Brought back lots of fun memories!!! :)


Now...........I've got to get this area cleaned up so I can jump back into challenges!!! And try to get dd better...........this flu/cough thing has got her something awful!! So far the rest of us have avoided that! The sinus migraine I had is fading........finally!! I know.......pathetic that I wouldn't completely just rest today...............I sooooooooooo wanted to get this bookmark made!!! LOL

16 comments:

  1. This is so cool, it will make Melanie so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great project! I've always wanted to learn how to cross stitch...think I can fit it in? Hmmm...

    Sorry to hear your little one is still sick...hope she gets better soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm so impressed! Very creative. I love counted cross stitching, and this is just as cute as it can be. I would NEVER have come up with such a clever combination of crafts...you did GOOD! I just keep thinking of the fun FB week in June is going to be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee, this is so amazing... good for you in combining stamping & cross-stitching!!! Now you'll never be bored with nothing to do!!! LOL and oh... how I will be SO totally envious of all you FB's who get to meet and have fun together in June.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lee!! This is just FABulous! You definitely are thinking outside the box, even if it's cuz your stamp area is messy, hehe! I just love how your stitched the frog, how cute! What a great gift idea and it promotes reading, what could be better! You can't have too many books or stamps, so you're all good, gf, lol! Melanie is sure to love this creation (you best enter it for the contest too!) ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is just fab!!! never saw that before!!! thanks for visiting by blogg....cause now I get to look around at yours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee ~ Wow! Your bookmark is adorable! You did a fabulous job! I love it!!!

    Christi D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Now I'm gonna have ta dig out all my old cross-stitch stuff and see what I might have that is stampable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea...I would never have thought of that. It turned out really cute. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never have thought of this either and what a great thing to do with our stamps! You're so creative, Lee. Your bookmark is so cute.

    How is your DD? Sure hope this flu thing passes. It's no good having the flu. One thing that helps me when I have a phlegmy cough is 'Jungle Juice'. I'll email you the recipe and you can see if you would liek to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMgosh! You have to send this link to Melanie! She will love this too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how long did this take??? 'fess up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is awesome! anyone would LOVE to have this bookmark, adult or kid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No way! That is so cool! What a great idea. Your bookmark looks fantastic. You are just too talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lee,
    What a super cool idea. This is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!