Friday, January 25, 2008

Mountain Travels!

Howdy Friends!! James and I wanted to head to his folks' to help out since his mom just had knee replacement surgery! 3 of the kids were here the first few days, we're here for the weekend........and she's recovering very well!!! Well, except for some nasty stomach bug........the knee is healing well, she had the staples out today!! She's getting around pretty well and doing her PT exercises twice a day. Home PT will start soon.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick her brain and pick thru all her old recipes and get them on my laptop. She's got wonderful recipes! Her own, her mother's, my FIL's mother's.............it's time to put together and design the Murphy Family Cookbook!! :)

Okay............DUHHHHHHHHHH............editing to add WHY the title is Mountain Travels!! LOL I forgot that part!!! We drove thru some of the small towns we're considering moving to and saw many potentials!!! I will post some pics when we go with a Realtor and start narrowing down choices!!

I did get to make a couple of cards this week.........I did Wednesday's Sketch Challenge on SCS and also made a little Nugget Box to match!!! My newest Chemo Card Angel assignment is a sweet 11 yr. old girl with leukemia. It's really such a small thing......but it makes me feel happy to share my creations and a smile!! Only 1 card a week is the requirement for a Card Angel, but I love to send an extra if I get a chance and sometimes a cute little gift! She LOVES pink and sparkles..........sound familiar???!!!! LOL


I used Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Tempting Turquoise and SU DP. The glitter dp is by Doodlebug. The Love Matters stamp set was so perfect for this fun and sparkly intro card for my newest Chemo Card Angel patient!! I think she'll love it!! Just added some bling and ribbon!! Also made a matching Nugget Box with the same SU DP and found some heart-shaped chocolates that fit inside! I used a sentiment stamp from the Gina K. ~ Rectangle Greetings set.







Oh this one was FUN!! It's a different type of Pocket Card.........called a Pixie Pouch. I used an extra image from my House Mouse SOTM club package I got for January. Isn't he precious?? Can you see why I'm soooooo addicted??!! LOL I also am totally LOVIN' the Basic Grey line of designer papers!!!!! WHY doesn't anyone tell the newbie about all these cool things??? I have to keep discovering other papers, stamp companies, etc all by my lonesome!! (well, except for having the company of dh's credit card!!! ROFL!!!). Allrighty.......back to my project.......I used Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White c/s, Basic Grey ~ Two Scoops dp. I used a cool Lace corner punch, some eyelets (with my crop-o-dile........not with Kerianne's or Kub's brand new, huge, giGANto one!!), some gingham ribbon and some primas with gems!

11 comments:

  1. AhHa another nugget box sighting! Both it and the matching card are very very cute! What a wonderful thing you are doing for that young girl. I know she will love everything you send her way cause they will all be beautiful...and sparkly!

    Enjoy your time with your in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am glad your mil is doing better and that you got to visit. I cannot wait to see some pics...I love house hunting.

    How do you get to be a chemo angel?

    Love the cards...they are all great.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your MIL is doing better. Great cards! I love house mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - lost happening at your house, Lee! Hope your MIL recovers well and quickly. I'll look forward to progress reports on the house hunting. Am going to join you in a bit as we just put our house on the market last week. Once it sells, we'll be moving, and hunting!I just love the card and nugget box you made. What a good cause! I had not heard of Chemo Card Angels before. That's such a lovely thing to do - you're a sweetie!!

    Oh - and I cannot wait to see the Murphy Family Cookbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that your MIL is doing better!

    Love your posted cards and project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are adorable! great job, love the papers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job...and isn't it fun discovering and discovering and discovering...it never ends my friend! :) It's an evil hobby to be involved in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lee,
    Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my blog! I'm loving yours. Do you mind if I link to it? I love the card and nugget box with that designer paper! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...this is Amazing!! Love your creation's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creations are beautiful! I especially love the top one. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the nugget box and matching card, I wish I could get brave and use bright blue/turquoise!

    And I didn't like house mouse stamps, but seeing them all colored up on your cards is really making them grow on me!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!