Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm Lovin' A Challenge!!!!

Oh yeah!! The challenges are, at the same time, fun and helping me grow as a stamper and designer!! :D Which is a good thing because after my very good and extremely talented friend, Christi was asked to be on a Design Team!!! Isn't that amazingly cool??!! So I've been thinking that would be a very fun goal to have too!!! I'll need time to improve on my stamping and designs, but with such a great goal in front of me..........I have lots of incentive to work hard at having fun stamping!!! LOL And I'm gonna have soooooooooooooooo much fun this weekend with the Splitcoast Stampers Virtual Stamp Night.........lots of great challenges and chatter!!! And my dd will hanging out with me and participating!!! :)



Well................here are some of my recent cards.............what do you think???







Le Jardin ~ I love this paper!! It's the new Berry Bliss from SU. This was an Inspiration Challenge.........a photo of a line of fabrics was the inspiration. They were beautiful!! I also used Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock. I used a Rhonna Farrer swirl (I'm pretty sure!) and I versamarked and embossed the flowers. Added some velvet ribbon and a pretty little embellie to finish it off. I LOVE velvet ribbon!!





Cherish ~ A new type of Pocket Card for me! I had fun making this heart pocket card!! Glitter and pink!!! This image is a Heidi Grace stamp. I used Pink Glitter dp, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, and Berry Bliss dp. I loved these beautiful, victorian brads.....and then had to add some stickles and a little gemstone bling to the photo corners!!






Love You! ~ Ohhhh..........I got my new Gina K. stamp sets that I ordered!!! So be on the lookout for lots of new and fresh card designs!!! This set is called Just So Hippy. It's got adorable animals and cute sayings. I loved this sweet little giraffe! And I thought she'd look cute split onto two punchies!! Okay.........just trying some new ideas out!! This was a challenge card......a color challenge...........those can be tricky for me, but they definitely help me out of my PINK zone!!! LOL The colors were Apricot Appeal, Rose Red and Sage Shadown. And we can always use White or Vanilla. I'm also loving my Nestabilities..........makes for great layering!! I also just got these cute heart rain drops!!






Butterfly ~ This one was a sketch challenge! Now those are definitely becoming my favorite challenge!! I just thought this layout was an elegant one! And so I pulled out a favorite set....Measure of a Life. I thought of the rich colors too with gold embossing........Bravo Burgandy and Old Olive with Very Vanilla for the image. And the lovely and fun Once Upon A Time dp! Another one of these pretty embellies I found at the LSS. I love the lacy corner punch.....it's been fun to have some added details to my layers!! And a tiny bit (aren't you proud of me!!) of stickles for the butterfly's eye!

9 comments:

  1. Great work, Lee!!! All of these are wonderful! :0) I am going to do as many of the challenges as I can tonight also and then a few tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lee!! You are so sweet! I am so glad that we're going to be challenge partners. Your cards are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giraffe in the two scallops is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at how wonderful these cards are, Lee! LOVE the butterfly one, and the giraffe idea is so cute, and the colours you are using are terrific, and you are just doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done it again. These are all fantastic. I love how you use your designer papers so effectively. I really need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! I'm lovin' all these girl! Very beautiful. Love the folded heart one. Do you have a template for that? It looks like the base is a four rounded corner piece and you folded two of them in for the heart shape. Right? Gotta CASE this! I love the one with the swirl stamp. Wonder if you could achieve that with markers on the stamp??? Truly inspiring, Lee. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU for adding this adorable card to your blog! I've got you added to my hippy sightings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that giraffe is so cool! And congratulations on your design team invite! That would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!