Monday, January 14, 2008

Daily Splitcoast Challenges

I know I've already mentioned them........Splitcoast Stampers Challenges.........and I will be talking about them again too!!! But these are wonderful challenges that really can help stampers grow and learn, not only from fantastic ideas and themes......but also from each other's creativity!! Participating in as many challenges as I can.....I also try to comment on lots of the cards made for that challenge!! Oh the amazing diversity and creativity is awesome!! And it's such a self-esteem boost to lots of nice comments too!! ;)

Here are some of my recent challenge cards!! :) Hope you like them!! And notice.......they're not ALL glitzy!!! LOL



Hello My Friend........this was a limited supply challenge. We could only use 2 colors from the same SU color family along with either white or vanilla. I chose Positively Pink and Yoyo Yellow. I thought my little House Mouse ~ Throwing Daisy Petals would make such a bright and cheery card! Can you tell I'm enjoying my new Nestabilities??!! And just some Stickles on the flower petals!!



Le Jardin..............this was for an inspiration challenge. The challenge was a photo of some beautiful fabrics! I chose some new SU DP called Berry Bliss. Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White and Pretty in Pink cardstock. I embossed the Rhonna Farrer stamp and paper pierced the edges. I used a corner punch and then layered the sentiment punches before putting the Le Jardin embellie on. Some velvet ribbon to finish!!



Cherish.................this was a technique challenge. Apparently this Heart Pocket card had been a previous challenge of about 2 years ago........and since I've only been stamping for a year, I missed out, so I was psyched to try this!! I thought my new Glitter dp and Berry Bliss dp would be so fun for this card!! And I just LOVE pink and brown color combos!! So I used Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock. I used the photo corner punch and put some gemstones on them. I love these victorian flower brads and the satin ribbon. The stamps are SU Warm Words and Heidi Grace acrylic swirl.

8 comments:

  1. I can barely believe you have been stamping only a year! Your cards are amazing! I so love seeing what you come up with...I really need to try the SCS challenges. I keep saying I am going to but then I also keep saying I am going to clean my stamp room..............Keep up the great work. At least I can look forward to your wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very talented! I love your glitter. I am wondering how ya got the winter card soooooo glittery? Could you let me know? reynolds888@juno.com Thanks!~Kris :D {you have commented recently on my "oink" card on scs. Thanks!!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Lee. I am really seeing a growth in your card making abilities. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee, all of your cards are fantastic!!! I can be your challenge buddy if you'd like? I try to do the daily challenges every day too. Maybe we can hold each other accountable? Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog. You are awesome in every possible way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have awarded you with the YOU MAKE MY DAY AWARD. Come and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOo hoo, Lee, you are amazing!! I LOVE these cards. WHat a great way to grow - the SCS site is really wonderful for stretching us, isn't it?

    That card with the velvet ribbon is sooooo pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Great cards. I love stickles.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!