Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Challenge Card and A Challenging Card!


Howdy!!! Okeedokeeeeeee............here's my challenge card for that very first Color Challenge here!! I'll be the first to say my card is..........ummmmm.......interesting!! LOL But I figured why not since the colors were not in my normal comfort zone anyway!! I used the required Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac and Mellow Moss along with Whisper White. Oh......I DID tell you that you could use white or cream for your focal image if you wanted, didn't I??? Hmmm......don't throw anything at me.........I meant to add that!!! I also used my Cuttlebug.........LOVE IT!!! And some ribbon and, of course, BLING!! But just a bit!! Some little heart punchies with a cool, little heart doodle stamp and the Love Matters stampset.



Oh this one was soooooooooooooooo fun!!! This was the New Technique Challenge for this week on Splitcoast. It's a type of teabag folding called the Dahlia fold. I was at my wit's end with this. With my issues with perfectionism (yes, that's why I'm a Flybaby!!) I had a tough time getting my folds to be PERFECT!!!! LOL So my wonderful daughter actually made the dahlia. Okay, to show off she made me 4 dahlias!!!! But I'm not about to say no!!!! I love this Cerise DP from Stampin' Up..........yes I do!!! So I used that against the Basic Black cardstock with just a little Real Red and Very Vanilla. Black Stazon for the sentiment from the Warm Words stamp set and a fun corner punch and ribbons.........that's it!!!! I'm addicted to these!!! :)


I've got more cards I've been working on..........so I'll keep uploading and I'll be doing my blog rounds admiring and learning from all my creative and talented crafting blogging friends!!!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I had trouble getting perfect folds too on the Dahlia fold! It was fun though and got me out of my comfort zone!

    Thanks for posting your color challenge, I had enjoyed that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are beautiful! I am going to have to give the Dahlia fold one a try. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are gorgeous! I love the lilac, orchid, moss combination. I never would have put those together, but now I'm going to have to try them! I printed off the dahlia fold tutorial awhile ago. You've inspired me to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty cards, Lee! I like them both! How lovely to have a duaghter at home who can do folds liek that. She is good at the dahlia folds, isn't she? My daughter never did take to craft, sadly. And she's living away from home now. She did say she would come over and do some polymer clay sculpting with me soon though. I must get some more - I used mine up in a challenge recently!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Creation....As always your work is Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. Gotta learn how to do the dahlia thing. It's gorgeous. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!