Tuesday, December 25, 2007

More Challenge and Fun Cards!!!!

I'm keeping up with the challenges on Splitcoast...........and loving the new inspiration, techniques and everyone's samples!!!! So.......here are some challenge cards, as well as House Mouse!!! :)




This was for the Tuesday Color Challenge on SCS........Glorious Green, Real Red, and Green Galore. I wanted to make a non-holiday card..........so this is what I came up with!! I used the SU Love Matters stamp set, Black Stazon and SU Markers, a fun big prima with a red brad and the red double-stitched ribbon. I used the Photo corner punch and paper piercing for little touches.




This card was for the Gina K. sketch she posted on SCS as well as on her website! I LOVE Gina K. stamps!!!! And I'm especially addicted to the wintery ones!!! For this card I used Gina K....Got Snow? stamp set, Brocade Blue and Whisper White cardstock and some non-SU patterned paper. I used silver metallic paper I put thru the Cuttlebug with the Snowflakes folder. I LOVE metallic paper with the CB backgrounds!! I just used a Prisma Pencil and a snowflake brad and paper piercing for a little extra detail. Oh and guess what?? Gina commented on my card!!!! Made my day!!! :)




This was indeed a challenge for me!! A Splitcoast Technique challenge.............called Expressiomistic. Yeah, type THAT 3 times fast!!!! LOL It's sooooooooo cool!! But I need tons of practice!!! Basically you ink up your image and then spritz it with water and stamp it onto the cardstock. Let it dry and then stamp the image again on top of the slightly blurred image using a different color. Like I said........awesome technique........I just need to do some more to get the hang of it!! My first snowflake is hideous!! But it's hiding behind one of the oval punchies!!! LOL I used Pretty in Pink, Taken with Teal and Whisper White cardstock. Also used Pretty in Pink and Taken with Teal inkpads. Added a teal ribbon, some teal brads and a little stickles for some glitz!!




Awww.........how can anyone resist these little cuties???? I know I can't!!! So when a fellow Flybaby friend helped me out by adding this little stamp to my collection.........I just had to make a card!!!! :) A very seasonal card!!! I just used Garden Green cardstock with the Wintergreen Patterned paper. Added some heart brads and some fun ribbon and colored with Prisma Watercolor Pencils and used the Gamsol technique (mineral spirits).

4 comments:

  1. All of them are WONDERFUL!

    I will definitely be trying the misting/double stamping technique- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Thanks for sharing. Your pictures look amazing with the new light box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that snowman card with the metal look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cards. They are gorgeous. I have been trying to do the SCS challenges..but it is hard to keep up sometimes. LOL Life just gets in the way.
    ttyl, Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!