Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Never Enough Christmas Cards!!!



Nope, not finished by a landslide!!  Even though I STILL have my pile I need to mail out, I'm happy as a snowbunny to be making more Christmas cards!!!  I know that can't surprise anyone!  LOL

This first card is for the CAS challenge I'm hosting this week on Splitcoast:


My challenge is to make a White on White card, no color except for the sentiment which can be any color you want!!


This card design is from a really cool tutorial on Splitcoast that the amazing Kittie did found here:  Wreath Tutorial

I used all SU Whisper White cardstock of course and then glittered up a piece to punch out a few glitzy pieces.  So hard to catch that in the photo however.  I do so love this super cute sentiment from SU Picture Perfect!  The Softly Falling SU embossing folder is my FAVE!  Simple as that for this card!  And although the tutorial itself is not difficult at all; having RA made it quite the undertaking in punching out all those little pieces!!  But I have plans to make more so I may have to bribe my kids to do the punching out!!  LOL


Next up is a challenge blog that I know will become a favorite!

http://tistheseasonstamping.blogspot.com/

TTS57 challenge uses this photo for the inspiration:



And HOW could I NOT play along with a PINK Christmas card challenge??  Well of course I had to!!!


Pink, white and crumb cake!!  I used some of the super cool Color Me Creative SU dsp that is resisted and so fun to color and/or sponge!  I used the Flurry of Wishes stamp set and the Christmas Greetings thinlets to add a little pop of glitz using the yummy Blushing Bride glimmer paper!!  I sponged around the crumb cake layer and embossed it with Softly Falling.  Layering the dies and adding some ribbon and pearls and a pin to finish the look.


I have what I think is a FUN and COOL new technique I came up with!!!  It's pretty simple and straightforward and glitzy of course!!  Stay tuned for later this week when I'll share that here!!!  And now go get inky and have some creative fun!!


~ PINK hugs! ~
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

  1. I am totally loving your white on white wreath card. I have followed Kittie's directions on smaller versions but mine always end up going wonky at some point. I am determined to try this again. I love your white version. While I can't really see the bits of sparkle in the picture, in my mind I know exactly what you mean. As soon as I saw it, I pictured it with some sparkle. Scary but I think we really do think alike! lol
    Your pink card is very soft and elegant. It would make a sweet Valentine greeting too. Well, maybe the word Jolly would have to be switched out. Would depend on who your Valentine was going to I suppose.
    Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christmas and winter card designs. I love the white on white. Very elegant looking and love the pink one too! You rocked both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards! I love white on white cards, but don't make them very often. Your pink Christmas card uses the colors so well...very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at 'Tis the Season.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Your pink card is so elegant looking!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 'Tis The Season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO pretty Lee!!! I'd love for you to head over to my blog, I think you may find a nice surprise there (I couldn't email you!! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards!! I have a hard time with white on white cards as well and you executed that one brilliantly!

    The pink card for TTS is so elegant and eye catching! You did a great job with the color challenge! Thanks for sharing at TTS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!