Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thinking Of You In Winter Blues!!!!

From Millan.Net

I decided to make a winter-themed Thinking Of You card...........the winter theme for the last Christmas Card Club kit that comes from Misti this month......and thinking of you for the SCS Flybaby theme for a January blog post.


I just love, love, LOVE snowmen!!!!  I know...y'all know that!  ;)  This cutie is the Gina K. Snowman Wishes.  The cardstock is Pure Luxury White, Denim Blue and the dp is Little Yellow Bicycle.  I was VERY good and only used the ribbon and snowflake embellies that were in the kit Misti sent.  I WANTED to use a lot more embellies of course but I restrained myself and made my card more on the CAS side.  =)

Here are my fellow Christmas Clubbers.......if they remembered to post!  LOL

Kelli
Meredith
Misti
Lydia
Peggysue


From Millan.Net


Now I have a completely opposite card to show you.....


I'm hosting the challenge this week on Stamp TV.........Color My World...A Little Bit. Click on the link for all the details. The challenge is to use only 2 other colors besides neutrals.  I used Pure Luxury Innocent Pink and Wild Dandelion to make a Spring-y card!!!  And I couldn't resist these sweet little ladybugs in Beth's Lovely Ladybugs. I glitzed up one with Stickles and one with Pearls just for a pop of bling!  The challenge is open until Sunday night so come play along!!!! 

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

12 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Lee, these are adorable! I have to say, it was a visual SHOCK going from snowmen to ladybugs, but they are BOTH fantastic!

Rebekah said...

AweseomeNESS! Love them both. Loving bright colors especially about this time of year!!

Paula Laird said...

Love them both! The snowman is really cute and I LUV the snowflakes!! The ladybugs are adorable and very cheery!

Patti J said...

Your cards are wonderful, as always! As Richard said, it was sort of a shock to go from snowman to ladybugs, but the real shocker is 'two cards, NO pink'??? Who are you, and what have you done with the REAL Lee Murphy? Lol...great job, dear friend! Hugs...

Janeen said...

Lee, i love your snowman and i thought the same as the others.GASP, no pink? Did you use flower soft on him? I love the pink and bling on your ladybugs.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love your sparkly snowman! Lee-Ann :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

Sigh, I DIDN'T! :( I gotta get back on track - I haven't made a card for the entire month of January!! :( Your cards are lovely, I like the sparkly snowman and the pretty papers form Misti's kit.

Angie said...

Both cards are such fun! You know I am a pink girl too but I found that I really went for the blue this Winter! Love the winter cards in blue and your snowman is so cute!

Your pink ladybugs are such fun!!! Love the color combo and the ribbons!

Ravengirl said...

Cute cards Lee! I love the pearl-ized lady and your glittering snowflakes!

Brenda Lee said...

Lee, GREAT cards!! I love using glitter on my cards. The snowman is fabulous and a great layout for the card. Awesome use of pearls on the ladybug. :)

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi, Lee -- love both your cards :)
Your snowman is sweet, and CAS (yup)!
Love the angles! And your lady bugs - they are adorably cute. What? No pink? Next time!

Sandy Ang said...

love the ladybug design on your card