Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's A Blog Hop...........Gotta Show Some Bling!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Welcome to the OBG Hop..........that's right........Oldies But Goodies!!!!!  You should be coming here from the very sweet Carolyn Bounds!!  We were to use a stamp/image that has been neglected for at least 6 months....dare I admit just how many of those I have???  LOL


So I looked thru lots of my stamps and this one jumped out at me!  I do so LOVE Melanie Muenchinger's stamps at Gina K. Designs......and this one is definitely one of my faves!!!


This set is called A Beautiful Life and it's one of my faves!!!  I used a technique to glitter the entire panel after coloring with Copics.  I used Pure Luxury cardstock and totally had to bling it up some more with little pearls around the oval frame.  Some pop of color with the little honeybees that are popped up on the flowers.  I used the Swiss Dots CB folder and inked the edge of the white layer with Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress ink.

Speaking of the UBER talented Melanie Muenchinger..........I just HAVE to share this.....a tv show called Scrapbook Memories TV did a couple episodes featuring some of Melanie's GORGEOUS stamp sets!!!!!  Here are the links to the 2 episodes on You Tube:







 Stardust Card PDF

Transparent Accents With Glaze PDF

I hope you are enjoying the hop....the next stop is the wonderful Tenia Nelson and check out more fabulous OBG designs!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

33 comments:

  1. Oh I love this stamp! It's been on my wish list for some time now! Love the sentiment too! Great job with it and thanks for sharing the links too! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee this is beautiful.. I love it.. You did a great job on this challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful!!! Love the pretty card and layout (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes your card is an absolute knockout!!! and thanks so much for sharing about Mel - just gotta love her (-:
    so glad to see you in the Design Divas !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous.. Need I say more!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Waving* Hi Lee!
    I almost used this stamp too. Glad you did- and you did it justice! It's a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful design Lee! love how you framed the sentiment...just lovely!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW!!! Lee, this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE those pearls and the layering... and the shimmer. did I say Gorgeous? And thanks for the vids, cant wait for time to watch them. I need to learn something new!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! and thanks so much for the video also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and elegant! Thanks for sharing the video, too. Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee, I really love this card! Fabulous! And thanks for the tutorials, too. I have old glaze pens that need to be resurrected and used! Maybe I'll get something made and post it over at Stamp TV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lee, I can only imagine how purtiful this card is in person with all of that LUVLEE glitter! Thanks again for joining the hop, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Thanks for sharing! I'm a follower now! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lee, Gorgeous GF!!! I love all the sparkle and the pearls around the center frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is soooooo gorgeous dearie!!!!! Love that stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a strikingly BEE-autiful creation! I love all the delicate details. You are absolutely AMAZING!!!

    Smiles:)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, I never knew you could do those things with glitter pens. Thanks for the tutorial. Your card is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi lee!! Oooh...I agree!! I LOVE This stamp! and you did such a fabulous job with it!! beautiful!!! thankyou so much for being a part of the hop! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO beautiful, Lee! Sparklin' gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would guess yours are not nearly as neglected as mine. You get far more accomplished in a week than I do in a month!

    Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh, look at all that glittery goodness!!! Gorgeous card, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card. I love the open oval with the sentiment in the middle. I must remember to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lee, your card is beautiful and I love the bees!! Thanks for the info on Mel. That was fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Lee this is fantastic!! Your coloring is wonderful and the glitter is great and so you. I just got this set from Theresa for Xmas. I had been wanting it for some time, now I need to get using it. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful Lee!! Love the way you have the Swiss Dots in Olive popping through and the glitter is oh so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So very Beautiful.. love your wonderful design!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty glittery card ..... good to see it amongst so many wonderful creations on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, gorgeous card! I love that. the embossed piece behind the flowers is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wowza, this is one super scrumptious card!!! Love all the embellies and glitz!! What a fun hop too!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm still finishing up my blog hopping. Your card is so gorgeous. I'm so glad I didn't miss it. So much great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That sure brings out the WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!