Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gina K. DT Challenge.....Techniques!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Welcome to another DT Challenge Hop with Gina K. Designs!!!!  The Design Team was challenged by Gina to choose a Background Technique shown on Stamp TV.  I had to try out a new one to me, so I chose  Stenciling With Impressabilities.




I used the Snowflake Impressability Plate.......you all just KNOW how much I LOVE my snow!!!!  And I'm thrilled we're finally back to almost winter up here!!!  LOL  I used Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink and Memento Angel Pink.  Since I love layers.....I used Nina's newest Lovely Labels 2 also in the two ink colors and layered them using the Label 14 Nesties.  I used Pure Luxury Cardstock in White and Innocent Pink.  Now the ribbon....ohhhhh the ribbon......I DO so love ribbon!!!  Well, I recently saw some beautiful ribbon embellishments and I attempted to actually follow a tutorial for one.....yeah, well, you see, ummmm......I think I went through about 849 yards of ribbon all for naught!!!  Sheesh!!  So.....I thought to myself......."Self....you can make something with ribbon without a tutorial!!"  So this is my attempt!!  LOL  I just picked up a needle and thread and VOILA!!!  I did have to pop the snowflake background layer up to fit the ribbon though!  LOL

For more of the design team's favorite background techniques, please visit these designer's links participating in tonight's hop:

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

18 comments:

  1. Sweet design Lee and that ribbon just POPS! So just thread and needle, huh? Will have to try "picking one up" and see if I can get near the results, lol! Love the stenciling, I just did it for the first time (using the Spellbinders) earlier in the week...now I need more stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background, Lee! Love the pink and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and gorgeous colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. love pink and blue - pink is my fav - and the ribbon is fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are beautiful as always . . . but we need to get together and play . . . I just cut out some beautiful snowflakes with the cricut!!!! Ohhhh and I put them on sparkly paper . . . wanna come visit now?!?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so soft and pretty - love the colors and the ribbon is da bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Lee. Bravo on the ribbon touch, it's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Lee! Love the stenciled snowflake background and the pretty pink rffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Lee! Love your results with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoo that ribbon is AWEsome MF! GOnna have to try that one too! This turned out sooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. turned out GREAT! your altered ribbon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooooooooo beautiful!!! Love the ribbon and the layered label!

    ReplyDelete
  13. whoohoo - Lee! This is so pretty!! I have to try this technique... I haven't done that one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous card-first thing I noticed was the beautiful ribbon & how you did it! great job Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the stenciling! The cards are beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lee! it's been forever since I stopped by. How've you been? LOVE your cards. what a great technique to try. tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your ribbon and love this technique! Beautiful layering!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!