Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just Us Girls Technique Challenge - Cracked Glass!!

I haven't played along to many challenges in quite some time!!!  It's been a busy AND rough health summer......I'm so ready for Fall and Winter!!!!  LOL

Well...........I do LOVE these girls at Just Us Girls!!!  And the challenge this week is to use the Cracked Glass Technique.  I do love this technique and need to use it more.....it's so pretty and antiquey looking!!!


  •  Stamps: Snowy Cabin
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics
  • Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White, Cranberry Tart, All Spruced Up; BG Oliver
  • Accessories: Snowflakes, Ribbon, Rhinestones, UTEE, Lace
I loved this sweet winter cabin stamp by Art Kure I got in a fun "Sisterhood Of The Traveling Stamps" swap that some SCS friends and I did recently!!  I thought it would be fun with the technique for this challenge.  I love these 2 Pure Luxury Cardstock colors for winter scenes too!  Cranberry Tart and All Spruced Up.  The new Basic Grey Oliver matches perfectly!!  I tried something the layering of a different shaped Nestie behind the one my cabin was on.  I really do love my Nesties!!!  LOL  And you know I had to have some bling!!  So I lightly sponged the white snowflakes and then put the Rhinestones on top....added a bit of snowy, delicate lace and voila!  Now I'm really, really in the mood for our first snow!!!

Stay tuned for Gina K. Designs  DT blog hop on Thursday night!!

~Have A Creative Day! ~

10 comments:

  1. WOW Lee! This is just stunning and love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Winter scene... Love the lace and all the little details :) Great take on the cracked glass challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wht a beautiful image it looks really cool with the cracked glass technique!

    Thanks for playing along with Just us girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a perfect image for that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Lee! Love it - and I love that you decided to get crackin' with JUGS this week. IT's great to see you here. I miss chattin' with ya. Hope you are OK? I saw the reference to tough health summer? Email me offline if you want - I want to be sure my stampin' sister is ok.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! What a gorgeous winter scene :) Wonderful take on the cracked glass technique. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lee,,..Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cracked glass technique on this and love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude, this is amazing! I love what you did with this stamp. I was always too intimidated to try to color it so I just used it on monochrome cards.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!