Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gina K..........Autumn Memory DT Challenge Hop!!!!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Happy Fall Y'all!!!!  Heehee!!  I sooooo love Autumn!!!  Although, to be honest, Colorado certainly does not have a very long season of Fall.  But it sure is stunning!!  There is nothing quite like the Aspens turning a shimmery gold and gazing at the beautiful sea of gold among the evergreens!!!!

Which is my favorite memory of Autumn!!!  This hop tonite features Gina K. Designs and the Fall memories of the entire Design Team!!!  When hubby and I were first married one of the most romantic things we did was to take a drive and see the Aspens!! And looking for the pretty and very unique wildflowers we have here in the mountains.  It's so sweet to see a little cluster of wildflowers among the beautiful and stately Aspens!!!  There are a million places to see them, but we like finding out of the way spots that aren't tourist-filled!  LOL  We have enjoyed doing that with our kids as they've grown and still it's one of our most cherished family times!!!

So with those memories in mind, here is my card.....


  •  Stamps: Autumn Splendor STV Kit
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics E09, E08, E04, YG97, YG95
  • Paper: PL Lipstick Red, Kraft, Chocolate, White
  • Accessories: Ribbon, Pearls, Eyelets
I used the amazing new Autumn Splendor Stamp TV Kit!!!  It is so beautiful!!!  I kept the colors very Fall-like using the Pure Luxury Chocolate, Kraft and Lipstick Red.  I stamped the flower image and colored it with my Copics....the shading might be a bit hard to see on the tiny petals.  I rarely use eyelets...but I was challenged recently by my friend Misti to use some of the millions of eyelets that I own!!!  LOL  So I thought it would be fun to use them in a different way as flower centers!!  The Houndstooth CB Folder is just such an "autumny" design to me!  And yep......there's the Fancy Tags layers again!  LOL  I am addicted!!!

For all the information about how to enter your card into this month's challenge, please visit GinaK's blog, then check out these participating designer's blogs for more inspiration using the newly released stamp sets available through GinaK Designs:

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Lee! I bet the Aspens are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so well with the eyelets!!! :D :D Another fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - love all the detail you brought together here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card & the eyelets are cool in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee this is fabulous..Love how you put the eyelets in the flowers, you cleaver girl you :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely, Lee. Great color combo and those layered tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the housdstooth on the red looks like a snuggly sweater , love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee- Your coloring of those flowers is wonderful. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoo I love those eyelets for the flower centers! And the coloring is awesome too my friend! Awesome Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fall card, Lee! Love the embossed background and pretty flowers! The eyelets in the centeres are great! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is gorgeous girl.....love the eyelets in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so very pretty - love the eyelets! The colors are wonderful. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous fall colors! I love the eyelets for the centers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eyelets!!! I had forgotten about eyelets!

    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty Lee and love the houndstooth CB folder. I agree it is perfect for fall cards... Nice eyelets on your flowers too, they just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lee--I got your cards for the alz basket today. Thank you sooo much. They are gorgeous and just wanted to let you know they arrived safely. Love ya!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty, Lee! I love how you layer those nestie tags. I bought those dies just because of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job with the eyelets! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!