Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gina K. Design Team Technique Hop!!!!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Welcome to a very fun hop!!!  Using newer Gina K. images the Design Team each picked out a technique that Gina shared on Stamp TV to showcase!!!!  I chose the Distressed Newsprint Technique since I hadn't ever tried that one before!! 


I used one of my favorite new sets, Botanicals.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in the Spun Sugar, Bundled Sage and Bundled Corduroy.  I used Bubblegum Pink and Tan Leather Pure Luxury Cardstock.  The video is super easy to follow and this card actually came together very quickly!  I didn't think at first to look at the actual story I cut out of the newspaper! LOL  It was a controversial political article........OOPS!!!  Glad I caught it before I made the entire card!  This one was boring, but at least not stressful!  Next time I need to save some fun articles from the paper before hubby burns it all!  I embossed the sentiment on the newsprint too so it would show up better.  I stamped one of the images onto the newsprint piece to add a bit of a twist to the front panel!!  I wanted the distressed newsprint to really show, so I went VERY light on any bling and just added a bit of black ribbon!!!  Aren't you all impressed??!!!  LOL

For more projects from the other designers participating in the hop tonight, please check out these links:


~ Have A Creative Day! ~

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Lee! I'm going to have to try the distressed inks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Lee! And just imagine...it's PINK!!! Great job on the technique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is saying that your card is gorgeous, fabulous and better comments. I agree to them because your card is true amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lee! I love the technique and the soft pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is gorgeous Lee!! I have got to try this one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, Lee, this is so creative! And I just noticed your background on your blog--I've seen those kinds of flowers recently! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Lee! I haven't tried this technique yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes! I am very impressed - it's a gorgeous, simply yet striking card! totally have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love it! It has such a beautiful vintage look!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!