Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gina K. Designs May Sneak Peek Day #1..........Botanicals and Beach Bum!!!!!!



Yes, here we are!!!  It's actually summertime at my house now and what a way to kick off summer than with this amazing Gina K. Designs release!!!!!


This is Gina's new one.............Botanicals...........and it's just so elegant and truly beautiful!!!  I am loving experimenting with some different color combos lately.......and this yellow and chocolate just caught my fancy!!!  I stamped the script bg stamp first in Vivid Lemon Ice and then stamped one of the botanical images in Vivid Brown over top.  Of course I still gotta have some bling and my favorite Spellbinders Fancy Tags!!!!  I used one of our new Pure Luxury Cardstock colors here.........Wild Dandelion.....I LOVE this color!!!!  (Three new colors will be released on Thursday night!!)  And then here's a quick design for the insides of cards..........I just can't leave them "nakie" anymore after seeing so many of  Jessica's gorgeous cards complete with beautiful inside designs!!!!



Next here is Rupa's summertime fun Beach Bum stamp set!!!!!


So I tried something kinda wacky.........I used real sand.......ok, ok, ok, I live in the mountains and our "sand" isn't really true sand as you can tell!!!  LOL  But I had fun creating a little beach scene!!!  I paperpieced the towel from the image and colored the umbrella with Copics to match!!  I used Pure Luxury in Ocean Mist and Red Hot, along with White.  I sponged using Vivid Tuscan Sand and Vivid Aqua.  Gotta have some bright bling on a summery card!!!!  HeeHee!!  And again here's the inside...........really just a quick, little sumpin' sumpin' really gives your whole card a "finished" look!!


For more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these Designer's Links:
Please make plans to attend our Release party this Thursday night, May 27th from 7-10 central time which will be held at StampTV.  There will be contest questions, challenges, samples from several designers and lots of chatter all leading up to 10pm central, when all the new products and stamp sets previewed this week on our blogs become available online through GinaK Designs store!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

23 comments:

  1. Oh so loving the botanicals one, love the tags and the ribbon treatment! And love the paper piecing on the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness, Lee!! Love your brown and yellow Botanicals card -- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the color combos you used on both cards! And the ribbon/clip embellishments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Lee, love the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great color combo on that first one - love the graduated pearls! And the bright colors are fabulous on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to take a second look to make sure I was on the right blog. No pink!? That can't be right. hehehe

    Fantastic creations with both sets show your talented creative imagination! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee, love both cards. The surf's up card is just fine with 'fake' beach sand! What a great idea! Love the colours you chose for the botanical stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like both of your cards - the colors in the botanical are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards Lee! The dandelion and chocolate go beautifully together and how fun is your beach card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the yellow & chocolate combo... wait a minute... I like chocolate with almost anything! LOL!!! But your card is gorgeous!!! Love the bright colors on the 2nd one. I have a feeling this new release is going to empty out my craft budget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. heeeyyyyy! where's the pink LOL
    love your color choices on both - and so impressed with completing the insides...I love that you keep the images the focal - i need so get some of those clips...lovin these cards! A+ for the mountain sand (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee, Beautiful cards! I love the colors you used for both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cards, Lee! Love the color combo on the Botanicals card! What a great scene beach scene you created! Love the real sand!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of your cards...what an amazing talent!

    sfread171@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! So love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both fabulous Lee!! I love the botanicals, sooo pretty, and the beach card is pure fun - love how you did the sand! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa, girl...what FABULOUS cards!!!! Your beach scene with the cute little umbrella and the sand is totally cool and your silhouette card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what FUN cards! I give kudos to ANYONE who will take the time to decorate the insides of the cards, it wears me out just to think of a design for the outside, I'm ready to be done at that point. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honestly, your Wild Dandelion Botanicals card has put such a smile on my face, Lee! Isn't that a rich color full of joy?!

    Like you, I'm far away from oceans & beaches ... but your sandy sweet beach scene is calling out to me! Your paper-piecing rocks!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous samples! I'm totally loving your sand!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!