Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gina K. Designs Sneak Peek Day #1........Oh Boy and Gifts From The Sea!!!

Oh it's time!!!!  Yippeee!!!!  Another super fun release at Gina K. Designs!!!!  There are just so many wonderful sets with such a variety to love!!!!


  • Stamps: GKD Oh Boy
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
  • Paper: GKD Pure Luxury in White, Red Hot, Lemon Drop and Turquoise Sea
  • Accessories: Brads, Crystal Lacquer
This first set is so dang cute!!!!  Tami Mayberry knows that little boys sure love their toys!!!!  And I couldn't resist making a huge ole pile of them!!!!  I wanted to showcase our new Pure Luxury Cardstock color too........Turquoise Sea!!!  I even added some Crystal Lacquer to the windows!!!  I will admit however, my son's piles of toys were never this neat when he was little!!!  LOL


  • Stamps: GKD Gifts From The Sea
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Copics
  • Paper: GKD Pure Luxury in Vanilla, Chocolate; BG Green At Heart
  • Accessories: Netting, Flower Soft, Crystal Lacquer
This next stamp set is called Gifts From The Sea.........and it's just so beautifully elegant!!!!  Designed by our Melanie!!!  I wanted to make a type of Memory Box or Curio Shelf...........so I used some cream colored Flower Soft for a sandy look, and the netting to look more nautical.  The shells have some droplets of Crystal Lacquer to look like they just got picked off the beach!!!  I used Melanie's Inspiration Mosaic as the background and even though it was hard to see I scored the "shelf" and woodgrained it with the Vivid Tuscan Tan inkpad.  And I couldn't resist some POP of color with Basic Grey Green At Heart dp!!!



A simple inside for this one using the shell border image in the set.

Designers Participating in previewing tonight: 


The Release Party is this Thursday, April 22 on StampTV.  There will be challenges, contest questions, chatter, as well as tons of samples from the Design Team members from 7-10 (central time) all leading to the new products being available in Gina K's online store at 10pm.  We'd love to have you join us for our monthly party!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

24 comments:

  1. Awesome cards, Lee. Love how you fit all those "toys" on your card! All that masking...wow. And your seashell card is great. I remember seeing those nets with all the shells hanging on them...brought back some fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are FABULOUS!!!! OMGosh, girlfriend. I love love what you've done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, now that is too cool the way you made a pile of toys! Adorable! Your shell card is so gorgeous! Great minds with the netting, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great masking on that toy pile - cute! love the pretty sea shells on the netting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so Awesome Lee! I am so loving your pile of toys, love the 'windows'! And the netting one, WOW! What a stunner my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever, your pile of boy toys! And the shell card is quite simply, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. maskign magnificence!! love how you embossed all the windows!!

    you curio case is FAB! so touched you hoarded some manly mesh just for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are fantastic, Lee! Love the lacquer on the toys, and that shell card is AMAZING! I love the flower soft and netting you added - great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You blow me away!! So creative you are!! Love the glassed in windows! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooh - love the way the shells look like they are caught in a net or something! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cool, so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards Lee! Wonderful boy card and love the dimension of your seashell card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that cool netting behind the shells and the huge pile of toys (too cool!) Awesome Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of these, Lee. The glossy windows on the first one and the netting on the 2nd are just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They both turned out great! Love the colors and mesh on the shell card and the "glass" on the toys!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic cards, Lee! I love the card with all the toys! Great job masking! And your card with Mel's set is so beautiful! Love how the shells look caught in the net!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The crystal lacquer on the windows is such a wonderful job! The net catching the sea shells is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZA'.. you've done it again! Love, Love, Love the collage card with Oh Boy!

    The netting on the gifts from the sea card is a touch of genius!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cards! I could hardly wait to get down to your name in the hop & I guessed it right! A PINK TRUCK!!!
    You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really cute. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your pile of toys card Lee! It reminds me of the mess in my house only with girls stuff, LOL! And your shell card is amazing! It looks like you have pulled that net out of the sea. Great work!

    Hugs, Debbie Meijer :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowww!! These are sooo awesome, just like the lady who designed them! That boys and their toys card is just delightful! Look at all those colorful layers--FAB!!! I love the shiny windows on the vehicles too--how realistic they look! OmGosh, your shadow box/curio card SHORE is beautiful (hehe) I love how you layered Mel's glorious sea shells atop that netting and added the droplets of crystal laquer! Seriously, this one out to be framed and hung up (in my ocean theme bathroom!);) I also love the simplicity of your 3rd card. Just gorgeous all over the board, Lee! I love that I actually get to follow this release and all the wonderful GD dt sneak peeks! soo excited for Thursday night :) hugss sweet sweet friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these, Lee! The shells, scattered across that net, are so lovely! The crystal lacquer windows are so fun! Brilliant on both counts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. STUNNING cards, LEE!!!! I am over the top in love with your Melanie card - wowzers, girl!! amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!