Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gina K. Designs Illustrator Hop!!!!!!!!!

It's the monthly Gina K. Designs Illustrator Hop and Challenge!!!!!  This month we are picking one of our favorite childhood books or stories and using that for inspiration!!


As a child I escaped as often as I possibly could into books!!!  They truly were my sanity!!!  One of my all-time favorites is Heidi by Johanna Spyri.  I can't tell you how often I dreamed that I was little Heidi living in the Swiss Mountains with love and friendship!!!!
I used Melanie's beautiful newest stamp set, A Beautiful Life.  The setting of Heidi was among spectacular flowers and nature, so the earthy colors of
Pure Luxury Cardstock in Green Apple, Lemon Tart, Chocolate and the patterned paper in Basic Grey Origins.  Of course I had to layer those Fancy Tags!  LOL

To keep the inspiration going, check out these GinaK Designer's joining in on the hop tonight:

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

20 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Lee!! Love those butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lee! Love it against the black on the oval!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, girlfriend! Looks Heidi-ish to me! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous paper piecing, Lee!!! Love the dark center. Makes it look so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Lee! Love the dp and the popped up butterflies, nice glitter on them too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you combined the earthy papers with bling, Lee. I won these papers somewhere and I have yet to use it. Now, you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sentiment says it all! Absolutley "beautiful" card, Lee! Love the colors and DP and the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! I love the DP you chose and of course all your sparkly stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and the layering! very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, love the dp and those gorgeous butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE butterflies--great card:) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee, love the butterflies and the fancy tag sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww i love these prints and colors, geeat pick for you book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful Lee, love the butterflies!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Lee!!! Thanks for popping by,it was nice to hear from you again!'

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! How have you been?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!