Friday, November 13, 2009

A Gina K. Hop With Asela..............First Christmas!!!

Smiley from millan.netSmiley from millan.net

It's another fabulous designer hop by Gina K Designs.............it's Asela's precious new set, First Christmas!!! I totally ADORE this sweet set!!!!


  • Stamps: First Christmas
  • Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White, Cranberry Crisp, Fresh Asparagus; BG Eskimo Kisses
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories: Crystal Effects, Pearls, Ribbon, Stickles

I wanted to make a fairly CAS card that could be duplicated to make multiples pretty easily......so I used a cuttlebug folder, Joy and Cheer, for the background........and then let the paper-pieced ornaments just pop against the green and red.........actually Asparagus and Cranberry Tart which is some of my favorite Pure Luxury cardstock!!!! My lighting sure wasn't cooperating very well as you can't really see the ornaments all glazed up with Crystal Effects and a touch of gold glitter at the tops. But trust me........it's shiny!!!! LOL

Are you ready for some more Eye-Candy tonight!? Stop in at Asela Hopkin's blog (our featured Illustrator tonight) and see what she has prepared for us.

Then, check out these GinaK Designer's blogs for their projects:

as well as our CenterStage Spotlight Designer's blogs:
Deb and Sharri and Diana and Karen

Remember, the Idea Center has lots of tutorials, photos, and links that will provide even more ideas for you with this stamp set!

And, if you haven't already done so, be sure to leave a comment on GinaK's blog for a chance to win this stamp set tonight too! If you have already purchased this set, you may swap it out for any other GinaK stamp set valued at $23.95.

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

23 comments:

  1. cute card, like that cb folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, beautiful CAS card! I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee....your card is so sweet! The dp with the soft colors made lovely Ornaments! ;D Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee- great job on this card! I believe that it's really sparkly, even though your camera didn't cooperate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love your ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm totally loving those paper pieced ornaments! I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this fun card, Lee! Your ornaments are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and I can just imagine how shiny and bright these delightful ornaments are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this simple and pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so fun! Love the bright patterned paper you chose for the ornaments, and the big words behind them! Cool EF that makes simple look smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty lee! and I love the touch of pearls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol...I don't know what I liked better...your dancing holly or your card! love the embossed bg, fab card Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that folder is SUN! love the gold on the balls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what pretty ornaments! and the addition of the pearls gives just the right bling! -BYTW - the dancing holly looks like my family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is beautiful, Lee! The ornaments look gorgeous! I love the pearls on the border of the Nesties label!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply beautiful Lee! I love the pieced ornaments and the CB background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the how you used the CB background! so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty ornaments!!! I can NEVER think how to use those big embossing folders and this is perfect... simple design on front to show the background. GREAT job, GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute card, Lee! Love the embossed background and paper pieced ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome paper piecing Lee! LOVE it! And I agree with Mel, that cb folder IS SUN, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the patterned paper for the Christmas balls and that embossed background is so perfect on this. Great design.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!