Saturday, July 25, 2009

ETSY Saturday and a Cottage Rumble............Come Play Along!!!!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Happy Saturday!!!! It's time for a fun ETSY Inspired challenge!!!! This week's shop is Artistic Flair.


I chose this sweet framed birdie gift as my inspiration!! I LOVE birds!!!!!


I used the Clear Artistic Stamp set, Birds Of A Feather........which is actually what that inspiration piece is named!!!! This card is also for the Clear Artistic Stamp Cottage Rumble and theme was Christmas In July........hence the color scheme and the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding dp!!!! LOL I used the gorgeous Shimmerz that Belinda carries.........I of course have all the colors......well, there are some new ones so another order is needed!!! LOL

Be sure to check out Ashley's Blog for all the details on playing along for the ETSY Challenge and the In The Cottage Studio Blog for the details on how to play along with the Rumble!!!!!
Now check out the other fabulous and sweet Etsy Inspired DT:
Quick update on the knee..........it's lovely inherited degenerative arthritis.........so good news is no immediate surgery............bad news is knee replacements when I'm older.........ah well...........I don't KNEED my knees to stamp, so it's all good!!!! LOL Now to lose some of this weight to help with the pain also..........sigh...........giving up chocolate and carbs is gonna make for some grumpy times ahead!!!! ROFL!!!!!
Now come back tomorrow late for the beginning of the Gina K. sneak peeks!!!!!!!! ;)
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lee...I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one fabulous and inspiring card. I just love how you combined both the challenges. Thanks for this inspiring card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Lee but I am just not ready to start thinking about Christmas yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Lee! Sorry to hear about your knee but it's good you don't need surgery right now. Maybe we could lose weight together. Ack! No chocolate and carbs? I might die though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW! All of your creations are so amazing, and this card is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous, gorgeous card! The background is lovely. Christmas, huh? I'm supposed to be making Christmas cards for a swap - arghhh!

    Sorry to hear about the arthritis, but I hear you on the weight thing. I have been s-l-o-w-l-y losing a little here and there and have managed to shed about 7kgs (15.5 lbs?) on the last 10 months. It's very slow, but it does make a difference over time, so I will keep doing it till I've lost the other significantly unmentionable amount I need to lose. This way it's more of a lifestyle change instead of a huge deprivation period.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interpretation,GF!!! Love it!! I left YOU some love on my blog... go check it out... www.tinagmemories.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Lee!! :) Such beautiful colors! Thanks for the update on your knee! Sorry to hear about it :( But I am happy you don't need surgery right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! this is beautiful!! what a great inspirational piece too. So sorry to hear about the knees. *sigh* I know exactly what your talking about. My poor boyfriend pat has osteoarthritis and he suffers terribly. Bless his heart, he's taking me to CHA but, when he gets back, he's scheduled for arthroscopy on the one and then will eventually have the other one done. He has a wonderful new MD though thank God. He tells him there's a good chance he'll be able to enjoy life again with minimal pain. YAY! I pray the same for you lee. Your work is beautiful. I'm so glad that you'll be able to continue. :) Hope your have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your knee pain. I have arthritic knees that crack when I walk up stairs. I figure it's because I made fun of my MIL when she made such a big deal out of having knee surgery. LOL And I feel your pain on the weight loss dilemma. For me, it requires exercise, and I'm allergic to exercise. I break out in a sweat, I get shortness of breath, my skin starts itching... it's torture! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!