Friday, May 22, 2009

HHH..........All About Heroes!!!!

Smiley from millan.net
It's the Unity Stamps HHH.............the theme is HEROES!!!! Yep..........did you guess??? My Hero............My Hubby............My Prince Charming!!!!!! Truly, my childhood was not happy, and worse. Well, this man.........came riding into my life when I was trying to break free from where I came from...........how I ever in a million years deserved that rescuing........I'll never know!!!

So.........in TRIBUTE to him.............here's my FIRST stampin' scrappin' page!!!!!!!! I did it!!! Oh all the FABULOUSLY talented Unity Scrapbook DT has had me wishing I could scrap for months now!!! So I did!!! LOL I know I have a lot to learn.........but it's very special to start with our wedding album. My wedding day was not a happy one in some ways.........it was not mine.........I wasn't paying for it as I was reminded time and again..........so I had very few choices. HOWEVER............I'm one who will tell you that in fact it WAS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! Why??? Because I went home with James!!!! That's all that mattered!! So starting with our wedding album and scrapping/stamping/arranging it how ****I**** want is rather cathartic.......and I'm finding much joy in it!! In my journalling I made sure to write that he is the first to ever show me what unconditional love was/is..........that's so very meaningful to me and truly has bound us together forever in the most amazing way!!!! He is still my Prince Charming and blesses me and spoils me everyday!!!!

This is the first page I did.........it's so representative of our lives uniting into one!!! I have a romantic and very special story about my bouquet........but I'll share that with another page of this album!!!! LOL So stay tuned!!! I used many of the amazing Unity Stamps kits........truly wonderful stamps for card-making and as I'm sure finding out............scrapbooking!!! I used the February and March KOTMs and Feel The Joy and Spring In The Mail. And of course staying true to my style............HAD to bling it up!!!!! LOL Stickles, Flowers,Ribbon, Gems and Pearls.....oh my!!!!

I hope my first page was a success............well, it is for me.........but I'll gladly take some tips from you seasoned scrappers!!! This is an 8x8 page.........how do you ever fill up a 12x12 page??? YIKES!!!! LOL

Please head over to Angela's Blog and check out the AMAZING sales for Unity Stamps this weekend and also to get some wonderful inspiration with the other HHH blog posts on Heroes!!! What a truly wonderful theme!!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

38 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Lee! You did a fabulous job for your first page!!!So glad that your handsome man rescued you. I don't know your whole story, but it sounds like I could certainly relate! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! My friend is Scrapping!!! I love the page! I love that it is therapy! I love that you can tell YOUR Story the way you want!

    I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! I love your page....so perfect for such a special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page and memory :)
    I love the canvas style background, is that a DP?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Lee!!! Wowwy you make an amazing page, Love it! Glad you have your prince charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow girl.. for your first sb page... I am in awe! U have some rocking skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout Lee! I love it! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh first your smileys love them ;)
    And your layout is amazing, so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Such an amazing page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee, you created just a the most fabulous page... you have captured some of the beauty of that very special day in a most beautiful way. Yes, perhaps you didn't have many choices in how the wedding was planned... but you did make the most important choice of all... to go home with Prince Charming... I love your page... love the pearls especially... and can hardly wait to hear the story of the bouquet....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page! I can't believe this is your first page - it's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooohooo! OMG! Lee, your first page is amazing. I'm so glad you jumped in and did it! seriously, I love everything about it. have fun creating this album, just the way YOU want it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your first page is amazing.
    i love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Lee! You did wonderfully for your first page! Keep it up and I look forward to that bouquet story! Your love is true! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly beautiful page!

    Way to go on an amazing FIRST PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWWWWWE, Lee, what a beautiful 1st scrapbook page. keep it up girl, you have talent. What a great story about you and DH, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lee your first wedding page is amazing and you did a great job adding Unity stamps to it!!

    I am so impressed and inspired!!

    WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the story behind the page. makes it all the more meaningful. Without the story it is still a great page. Love how you've used your stamps and embellishments.

    "You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you truely lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love." Henry Drummond.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!! what a great post and a wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing layout!!! You did an awesome job...what a great picture to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Lee, you did a fabulous job on your first page... you'd never know it was your first page... such lovely design and embellishments. And you journaled in your own handwriting, which is hard for many scrapbookers (like me). Bravo!

    I'm so happy that you found your true love. I understand about unconditional love and what it does to you when you don't have it. God has truly blessed you with James.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my goodness Lee.. you did it.. and you ROCKED IT! you are made for scrapping my dear! :) Wonderful! I am so happy you have your prince charming!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great first layout Lee!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Incredible layout! You always have such amazing detail! And, once again, you rocked the pinks and browns!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My goodness,wish my first scrap page looked half as good as yours!
    It's stunning Lee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful page and post! TFS both!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lee!! I'm all teary! I love this page. LOVE IT. I can't wait to hear about the bouquet. I'm so glad, too, that you found the sun in your life - hug that man for me!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, how utterly SPECIAL!! Your wedding photo AND your first stamping scrappy page! I love it, Lee. You looked beautiful and I am so glad you have such a warm and caring man beside you for life. Thanks so much for sharing this with us :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful layout Lee - love all the little details you added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So...I'm a little behind...but this page is FAN-TAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow! you did a great job! I love it, so pretty-you look so happy too. I never did the calculation (of the year), I just realized you got married on my 18th birthday

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lee, that is absolutely gorgeous!! You should definitely scrap more often. It's so you, too. Pink, butterflies and bling. Awesome.
    Happy 20th anniversay (almost!)

    ReplyDelete
  33. AMAZING! Look at YOU! Look at the GLITZ! Look at the WONDERFUL PAGE! You are a full circle CREATOR if I do say so myself. Did it take FOREVER, cause my pages TAKE FOREVER! Love that you are part of Unity! Thanks for linking me up Pretty Lee! You are the best! AND THANKS SO MUCH for the Unity Book you sent! It stops people in their tracks when they see it on the front table at Unity! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's wonderful, Lee! I love it! And you and your hubby look adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!