Thursday, April 30, 2009

Limelight Sketch and Prize..........Pearls Pearls Pearls!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Are you ready for a sweet little sketch and a PURTY PRIZE??!!! Well join us in this Limelight Papercrafts Sketch Challenge with a product focus on PEARLS!!! This can be the Kaisercraft self-adhesive pearls, Liquid pearls, pearlescent paper....etc.



  • Stamps: Gina K. Friendship's Garden
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Neenah Solar White, Pretty In Pink, Bittersweet dsp
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories: Shimmerz, Brads, Ribbon
Now I usually would have taken this challenge to just SLATHER my card in pearls!!!! Wouldn't I??!!! LOL Soooo........I challenged myself instead to do something different..........so I made my own pearlescent cardstock by painting Shimmerz all over the white cardstock!!! I used the Pink Blingz after I stamped the flower images on it. I painted one thin layer all over it and then added a second layer in spots so it would be just a shade pinker in some areas and add a bit of depth. And still no pearls along the bottom!!! LOL I used some of the chocolatey brown brads in the Bittersweet Brads pack. Which of course match perfectly with the Bittersweet Paper!!!! The flower image is from a new Gina K. set, Friendship's Garden.
The Details:
**Use the sketch provided and think PEARLS!
**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC020.
**Post a comment with a link to your card to Mandy's Blog by Sunday, May 3rd, at midnight (or before winner is drawn Monday a.m.).
**PRIZE ~ Three packages of Kaisercraft Pearls of the winner's choice!(Winner is chosen randomly from all participants)
Check out the fabulous DT creations for some inspiration:
It's the Great Ribbon Round-up at Limelight Papercrafts! For every three yards of ribbon you purchase, you may choose ONE YARD OF RIBBON FREE (of equal or lesser value, please)! Simply note your ribbon choice in the Comments section during checkout. If no free ribbon is selected, we will include a yard of our choice.
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

11 comments:

  1. WOWZERS! How GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE that you challenged yourself NOT to use the typical pearls! :) The shimmery/pearlescent paper is perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pearl paints! Fun fun! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I would never have come up with something like that. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So warm and pretty, love how you did this design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That technique turned out awesome, good for you for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving that technique and that dp!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card and great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful Lee!! I love this, classy and gorgeous, girl!!! I am sooo doing this sketch today - love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!