Thursday, March 5, 2009

LL Sketch & Product Challenge......Ric Rac Rockin' in Texas!!!!

As a trim or to complete a scene,
Ric rac can be used on anything!
Used on a card or used on a layout,
Ric rac will make your creation stand out!
Time for the Limelight Papercrafts Sketch and Product Challenge! The theme for this challenge is RIC RAC ROCKS! Your challenge is to use ric rac on your card or layout!
Mandy has some 1.5" Ric Rac from May Arts at Limelight Papercrafts. It is so fun to work with, so be sure to pick some up if you don't already have some! If you do not have the large ric rac, incorporate some of the skinny ric rac into your design. So you don't have ANY ric rac? Just create a fun ric rac pattern with some wavy-cut paper!


Here is my take.......using a bit skinnier Ric Rac because UH OH!!!!!! It didn't get packed into my stampin' stuff for the trip!!!!! I seriously was panicked and felt soooooo awful........but I found some ric rac that I could make work okay.......but I reallllllllly think this card would be so much "cooler" with the WIDE Ric Rac!!!! LOL I used some wonderful Stickles to dazzle up the flowers a bit, otherwise I let the Ric Rac be the star of the card!!!! :)

The Deets:
~ Sketch challenge using Ric Rac!
~ Key word for SCS upload is LLPC016.
~ Post a comment with a link to your card to Mandy's Blog by Sunday March 8th at midnight (or before winner is drawn Mon a.m.)
PRIZE ~ one yard of EACH of the four new 1.5" Ric Rac ribbons from May Arts!
Don't forget to check out the Limelight Six Chicks and the Guest Designers and Mandy herself for more fabulous inspiration!!! You'll find their blog links in my sidebar!!!

Well, we're in Austin enjoying some FABULOUS stampin' friends.........Melanie, Cammie, Donna and Paula (mrslaird on SCS)!!!!!!! Pinch me!!!! I swear I'm dreaming!!!! Someday I just know I'll meet ALL OF YOU wonderful friends!!!! I know I am so HOPELESSLY behind on blog-hopping and commenting!!! I've hardly even posted anything!!! A crazy and fun and wonderful and happy and busy time right now!!! But I promise when I get home to start all over and keep up with all of my awesomely talented and very sweet friends and blogging buddies again!!!! We head home tomorrow morning and will do a few fun things with DS on the way.......DD is staying here in Texas and let me tell ya.........THAT is so much harder than I ***ever*** imagined it would be!!!!! But we'll be back at the end of April to get her and she's just gonna have to put up with a LOT of Mama Hugs!!!!!! LOL
NOW, because of more wonderful Limelight Papercrafts generosity............
My winner for the Silver Kaisercraft Pearls was randomly picked and is Maria Matter of Joyful Blogger!!!! Maria........e-mail me with your addy and I'll pass it along to Mandy so she can get those awesome embellies out to you!!!!
AND............my winner from the FABULOUS Etsy Blog Hop challenge is a random draw and is Kimberly and her adorable 4 year old daughter of The Daily Details!!!! E-mail me so I can let Mandy know where to mail the wonderful Basic Grey prize pictured below!!!!! And thank you EVERYONE for playing along with the Amazing ETSY Blog Hop!!!!!


~ Have A Creative Day! ~

19 comments:

  1. Eww, I need to try to do this challenge! I LOVE the large Ric Rac! I got my first Limelight order yesterday! What a great place to shop and great customer service! I discovered Limelight during the Etsy Inspired Blog Hop (tons o fun). Big Limelight fan now! Love your creation Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! :) Love your creation! Way to use what you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Glad you're having such a great time Lee ..and love that card and that monkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you lucky girl. have fun hangin' with your peeps! love your card, love all the embossing. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute card-that ric rac looks pretty big (not small) to me! perfect-so glad you're enjoying your time...just wait until TONIGHT *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Changito!!! And I'm glad you were able to find something so you could participate! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE! Love the ric rac - I really need to get me some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute! Love that monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool is that meeting a bunch of your pals!! This is really cute, I like the wider ric rac!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is cute!!! I love that ric rac!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute, Lee! I am so glad you are having fun in Texas with so many amazing stampers. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Safe travels home Lee....DD will be fine as will mom....it's part of the sprouting wings and cutting apron strings! Any wow all those people you got to meet!!!! How wonderful...but you forgot to mention Archer! I know he must have been a favorite with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card, Lee! How wonderful that you are in Texas...and get to spend time with some fabulous stampers! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card! I really like the wider ric rac!
    Blessings, Maria

    I emailed you my addy, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! Love it...love all the texture you've created.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!