Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day........Show Some Green!!!

Millan.net

Awww......aren't they sweet??!!! And yes I am Irish!!!!!! I have the red hair to prove it!!!!!!!! Okay, okay, well, I MARRIED a true blue Irishman and my hair was close to red and I just gave it a nudge!!!! LOL Anyway........there are some fun Irish Toasts and Poems and Blessings.....have fun with them today!!!


This card is for the Clear Artistic Cottage Rumble ~ Shamrocks. Go check out all the DT submissions for this fun challenge on the In The Cottage Studio blog!!! Stay tuned for some more info soon to come about Cottage Rumbles and how you'll be able to play along!!! I'm a tease!!! LOL Our challenge was to use green, gold and one other color. I chose pink..........of COURSE!!!! My gold is the embossed shamrocks I made with the Sweetpea Sweetheart heart image and the pearls and ribbon!!! I used some of the new FABULOUS Shimmer Paper!!! It's hard to capture on my camera..........but this is soooo beautifully shimmery!! The one I chose is called Seagrass, which goes with the pink dp so perfectly!!! Well, if you're like me and love a pink and green color combo anyway!!!! LOL

Now, you all remember that Clean and Simple card I was challenged by Suzanne to make??? Well, turns out even THAT wasn't stricly a Clean and Simple card according to strict definitions!!! Are you serious??? Do you KNOW how nekkid that card was???? Well, okeedokee..........I have issues and just cannot resist a challenge until I get it "right"!!!! LOL So back to the drawing board.........errrr........stamp table!!! I used the same GORgeous tree image since it is MY tree after all from the Whispers In The Woods set..........but I had to change up colors, so I decided a pretty, pastel Spring-y card would be fun!! Do you see??? NO cuttlebugged or scored up bg.......just THREE lines and the ribbon to "frame" the tree!! Did I do it???? Does this pass???? I'm SERIOUSLY afraid for my sanity if I have to attempt this one more time!!!! LOL

A heads-up.................be sure to check Belinda's Clear Artistic Stamps site as she's retiring a few stamp sets at a seriously awesome price!!! Check out the Clearance Page. The Sweetpea Sweetheart set I used above is one being retired...I absolutely LOVE this set, better hurry if you hope to add it to your collection!!! LOL Also her brand new sets in the Capacious Collection are sooo wonderfully artistic and sweet!!!

I'll leave you with this:
May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
Half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.


Millan.net

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

12 comments:

  1. ROFL! I just love that last Irish blessing, haha!

    LOVE that first card, of course you chose pink! LOL! But it is one of my favorite combos too, pink and green! And I'd say YES! You passed on the CAS card! I do so love it even more without the CB-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the first one was CAS enough, but I may be a bit biased. CAS cards are such a challenge. Love both of these. Gorgeous DP on the first one. Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - more gorgeous creations! I didn't realize there were such strict rules for CAS cards - but I love both of them that you have shown! Happy St Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL--I was a natural Irish redhead my entire life, Lee, and now I have to nudge it, too. Happy St. Patrick's Day, my Irish friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy St Patrick's Day to you too, me pretty! (Wait, is that Irish or Pirate? Lol!)

    You've done a lovely job with your heart-felt shammrocks, and the tree card - did you really make that?? It's so diffeent to your other cards! You're amazing being able to change your ways like that, and so effectively too!

    Thank you for the nice comments about my scrapbook page on my blog. When I saw the list of specifications it was a little daunting, so I loved your encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your cards are fabulous Lee, even with the CB!!! That tree card is really pretty, simple, but eye catching!! Have a wonderful St. Patty's Day! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both cards! I am a big fan of pink and green together - great work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are fantastic Lee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee you did a lovely job on these I love that embossing so pretty!!!

    Your Creations are all so stunning and pretty!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leave it to Lee to create a PINK St. Patty's card! :) LOVE IT, LEE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how fun!!! Love that poem, hehe! And I love your gorgeous cards even moreeee!! Your gold hearts-turned-shamrocks are ROCKIN!! How fabulous is that card in PINK too!!! Awesome! And your clean and simple card, as nekkid as you feel it is (lol), is an absolute stunner, my friend. I love that tree with the crisp, white base. Perfection and nothing less! Boy, am I LUCKY that I know you, sweet Leeee! Happy St. Patty's Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Lee...YOU DID IT!!!!!! Your CAS card rocks....it may not be your style and that's just fine, but you proved you could do it! I am visiting a wonderful LSS on Friday and soon after that expect some BLING coming your way to brighten up your life. You are now officially released from CAS and may go back to your beautifully BLINGED UP cards....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!