Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Growing In Unity, Day 2......I've Been Thinking....

Smiley from millan.net

Welcome to Day 2 of Growing In Unity!!! Are you a Unity Stamp addict like me?? So do you just love books and journals as much as I do??? I LOVE notebooks and journals especially!!! I'm starting one right now with all the POWERful and MEANINGful quotes I see and hear........especially some truly special ones from Angela who is amazing and inspiring!!!! Back-to-school shopping has been one of my most favorite times ever to shop!!! And I homeschool!!! LOL But all the notebooks are on such good sales and I just have to stock up.........I attempt to dodge the looks from hubby reminding me that I have quite a stash still from the past year or so!!!

Well, now that I've discovered this FABulous world of stamping and paper crafting.........I have a reason to constantly stock up!!! Journals and calendars and notebooks make such WONderful gifts!!!! Now I've got to start making some matching pens too!!! LOL

I found this little album/sketchbook and thought it would be fun to alter! I unbent the rings and took off the covers and then used Basic Grey Bittersweet dsp. I used a sharp little razor to cut out the squares and then replaced the spiral. I used the dainty Dandelions from the August KOM and cut them out and popped them up..........the sentiment is sooooo perfect for a journal!!! And then just adding some bling and ribbon......well, of COURSE there has to be bling and ribbon!!! LOL I painted the flowers with some Shimmerz.........kinda hard to capture....but I love the glitz!!! Gotta give a shout out to Mandy at Limelight Papercrafts for all my bling and also for carrying Unity Stamps!!!!

Hope you're enjoying my Unity Week so far and definitely stop in tomorrow!!! Thanks so much for all the AMAZING and sweet comments!!! I'm truly blessed with such a phenomenal group of crafty women!!! LOL.....wait......maybe I should say **crafting** women instead of **crafty**!!!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

31 comments:

  1. lee, this is gorgeous, I LOOOOOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this project!!! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Lee! You da bomb baby! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous. Love the colors and all the bling. Lovin all this UNITY and your inspiring MOJO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Lee! I have never tried any altered items ... but you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Lee! This is a really great piece of altered art....love what you've done...and great blog too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what an awesome altered sketch book Lee! And a wonderful idea/way to showcase that gorgeous paper! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous with the bittersweet paper!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful journal! Anyone would LOVE to receive that! Great job again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful journal. What a great start to a week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! This just looks so vintage to me! Would love to just sit and record great thoughts in it. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.
    Gail S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful work. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty. I love the dp and I agree on the sentiment, fits nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally amazing, Lee!!!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Lee! Growing up I would spend my allowance in the school section of the store. lol

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a unity addict but I LOVE your altered book, so cool!
    Go catch a butterfly on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, I LOVE this Lee - totally gorgeous, girl!!! I would love to carry around notebooks that looked like this!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Lee! How blessed Unity is to have you this week! I love your notebook...a girl can never have too many! LOL...take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific sketchbook and yummy bittersweet BG -- who could resist?! :) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  20. My BFF and I have really got into mini-books lately. This is super esp. with the Bittersweet DP...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really beautiful sketchbook! Love the ribbon and that gorgeous BG DP is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colours and everything!! It's just beautiful. If you ever need someone to send it to....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute cute cute! I need to make a little journal to keep at school and write all the cute/funny things my kids say in it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous! This is a great use for that sentiment, and I {{love}} all the Bittersweet papers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, seriously...this is beautiful Lee! Love this DP!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!