Friday, January 2, 2009

More Fun and Prizes With Melanie!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

I've been super, super busy!!!! LOL Which of course means totally happy and in my element!!!! I'm just gonna share the project I made for Melanie's Blogaversary for today. It's something new for me!! I stamped on a candle!!!! Now...I did learn a few things...........I ***always*** do since I seldom go look for instructions before I start!!!! LOL One.....you will get permanent black ink alllll over your fingers stamping on candles since you can't put them on an acrylic block as they need to bend!!! Two.....let the ink (I used Memento) dry longer than 10 minutes before you start coloring!!! Three.....I will tell you I used both Copics and SU Markers which seemed to work fine, but I have no idea if coloring on wax is harmful to them or not???

Here's several views. I used some Bling Bling to jazz it up a bit!! I have no idea what that will do as I burn the candle!!!! LOL

I tried tying a ribbon around it........but got the ribbon all inky! Thankfully it did not smear the candle!!!!

Okeedokee...........now GO........go to Melanie's Blog for all the details on a super awesome PRIZE from Paper Temptress!!!! And how to enter to win being Melanie's Guest Designer!!!! Also go check out these AMAZING designers for more Mel Magic!!!!!
Gina K.

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

22 comments:

  1. Lee - your candle came out great!!! Way to go and love the colors you used...soo fun!!! Hope you have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it fun to make these? yours looks great,fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look so great on the candle. Love the colors you used on it. Great project. I have been wanting to try this for some time. It looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for your candle! It sounds like it was a job, but it turned out really nice! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for tyryng this out "just for me!" ;) Love the stick on blign, that was very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your candle Lee! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cool - never thought to color directly on a candle, neat! love the blings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow...how awesome is THAT?!! You did a fantastic job on that candle Lee. :) I've only tried one so far and it was a flop :( Might try again one of these days?

    Did you see my good news?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This so cool Lee! Um...I don't think you're really suppose to burn it, just look at it...hehehe! You did a really great job. Maybe one day I'll get enough courage to try this.

    Jada (hobbydiva-SCS)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe funny post:) Love your candle!! It came out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look of the candle! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors, Lee! I think it looks like it was definitely worth the "inky-ness" LOL Candles this size are meant to burn from the inside only and shouldn't come down the sides or burn through the sides so you should be okay no matter what medium you used to color it with (at least that is what I have learned from selling Home Interiors in the past). Hugs, Kel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lee, your candle turned out beautifully! Funny, I just nade a candle on PaperCraftCentral.com with some tissue paper to stamp the images on, then melted them into the sides. Now I have been told tissue CAN catch fire if you burn the candle and that there is special decal paper to stamp on that will not catch fire. This would solve the problem of your surface not being flat! LoL! If you want it, the page with my candle on it is here:

    http://www.papercraftcentral.com/decorating-candles.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this I never thought of stamping directly onto the wax. I've always seen the candles with the tissue images melted onto them and then I worried about them burning as the candle did.....I'll have to try this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful candles!!! Hope you had a Happy New Year. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your candle turned out great! The flowers look great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never stamped right on a candle. I always stamp on tissue paper, and colour on the tissue paper, then melt it into the candle using my heat gun. You should try that, it might keep your hands cleaner, but it does give a slightly different look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous candel! Love the way you colored the images!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm like other readers I never tried stamping directly on the candle but did the tissue paper technique several times and it gives neat results. The way you did it gives a much softer look.
    I don't know which is safer...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your candle turned out awesome! LOVE that you put some bling on it!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your candles and the bling is great too! I have stamped and embossed on tissue and painted with Twinks or Radiant pearls before putting on the candle. I think Shimmerz would work too. I just may have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!