Sunday, January 4, 2009

Let's Keep Celebrating Melanie!!!!

Hasn't Melanie's Blogaversary Celebration been amazing!!! And it's not finished yet!!! Today is my last project for the Celebration, but it still won't be over.........so make sure to keep checking Melanie's Blog!!!! Lots of FABULOUS creations and prizes!!!


A very dear, sweet lady ~ Arlene ~ that I've had the fortune to meet on Splitcoast thru the PIF (Pay It Forward) Image Swap is struggling with a Cancer diagnosis and currently a raging infection. You can read about her HERE. Prayers and cards are coming in so beautifully because of this amazing and caring Paper Crafting community. So I thought maybe a special Blessing Jar would help bring her a smile each day!!!

My idea is for all her friends to send along a favorite quote, scripture, thought or prayer along with their card. Then they can all get put into the jar for sweet Arlene to pull out and read at any time she needs to!!!



Melanie's Hand In Hand stamp set really is so very touching and meaningful that it was the first set that came to mind out of all my stamps (and I have a LOT!!!!). I wanted a brighter, pastel and cheery feel, so I pulled out some fun SU pastel colors!! And my Label 1 nesties that I'm sure lovin'!!!!!

Even though I know there are Copic charts with lots of info........I really wanted to get this done, so I just experimented with skin colors with the Copics that I have. I think I did fairly well even though I still need more practice so I don't have quite as many lines on the larger spaces!


The sentiments in Melane's stamp set are just as deep and touching as the various hands clasped together! I wanted Arlene to feel that whether she's being held by the Hand of God or the hand of a friend, she's never alone!!!



I sure hope she is able to get a lift from this and if you'd like to send a card and/or a little something to put in the jar, please let me know and I'll pass along her address to you!!!
Please go check out these very special and talented ladies who also have some wonderful "Melanie creations" to share with you!!! And don't forget to check in on Melanie's Blog to enter for a prize!!!! In fact, today Melanie is offering up this very stamp set, Hand In Hand, as a prize!!!!! Go make sure to enter!!!!!
And Melanie..............THANK YOU for letting me be such a special part of your Blogaversary!!!! HUGS to you my friend!!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

17 comments:

  1. WOW! This is beautiful! Thanks so much for making my stamps a part of this, I love what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, this is such an amazing and beautiful project. I love what you have done. Your card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lee, this is just such a wonderful uplifting gift and card...she will treasure it! You have such an amazing heart and thanks for letting me know about Arlene's situation, I'll make sure to pop a card in the mail to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and I am sure that she will love it. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee this is a wonderful gift snd YOU are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with this set!!!
    Hope you have a great day!! Nice new pic of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lee, you are such a warm and terrific friend! How blessed she will be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful creation and idea Lee! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful and very touching too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee, this is beautiful and perfect! I think she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How thoughtful and beautiful. The card is absolutley elegant and caring too! The jar is a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How awesome, Lee! I really love this very special project. Wonderful work, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a purty card!! I LOVE all your colored gems on there :) Purty dp and l.o. too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this idea - what a wonderful gift. Love your new picture in the sidebar, too - you are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!