Friday, January 30, 2009

Hip Hoppin' and Hangin' Over!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Well, I'm Hip Hoppin', but just a little sick............fighting sinus infections like I do every winter...........certainly not anything terrible........just kinda nagging. But it certainly didn't stop me from hangin' out with my Unity Hip Hop buddies on SCS!!!! Nor from doing the challenges!!! LOL And a new kit was released called Beach Days and Sun Rays....OH MY GOSH how cute it is!!!! It's definitely on my shopping list!!! Make sure to check out all the new stuff and specials at Unity Stamps!!! You can see some super cute and fun photos Angela posted from CHA!!! She'll also have the other Hip Hop Hangover blogs for you have fun checkin' out!!!!

Okay, so the first challenge was to make a "gritty" card.........using sand, glitter, or something along those lines. Well duh!!! Of COURSE I chose glitter!!!! LOL But..........I used some coarse glitter that I haven't experimented with yet!! And I really like it!! I'm sure that's no surprise to any of y'all!!!! I haven't met any glitter I haven't loved!!! You know I love this Butterfly Beauty kit.........and it just went so well with my new Memory Box Sugardrop dsp!!!

The second challenge was to make a BRIGHT card!!! I do have fun with these and they always help me get out of my PINK rut sometimes!!!! LOL Although I thoroughly enjoy my PINK rut!!! I used my Copics and some fun Pink Armadillo dsp!! Well, I didn't say I wouldn't use ANY pink!!! LOL This is the fun Cupcakes A' la Yummy kit!! Now, this kit has been retired, but don't worry!!! It's been incorporated into a bigger kit with other adorable stamps, now it's Mix Up Of Cuteness.

And the ribbon..............look at this STUNNING ribbon!!!! I'm lovin' it!!!! Where did I get it??? Well..........a FABulously talented and very sweet stampin' friend, Brandi Parshley, has the My Little Ribbon Shop on Ebay!!! She's just getting started and already has some very, very pretty ribbon!!! Brandi would LOVE for you all to go take a peek at her shop and I'm telling you that you will love it!!! Especially if you're a ribbon addict like me!!! LOL

Now I just MUST share this photo!!!! My dd took quite a few the other morning........with the sunrise just coming up, and the layer of clouds just below us.......it was truly like a Fairy Tale!!! Our house is over halfway up the mountain, so it was amazing to be above the clouds.....it just looked so GORGEOUS!!!! Enjoy the view!!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

31 comments:

  1. Well your a girl after my own heart. I to am a "Glitter Nut". No card is complete unless it has a bit of bling on it. Your butterfly card is fabulous. Loved the glitter and colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, these are just stunning! I love all the details. That ribbon is scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok first I was stunned by your frist card.. now I am absolutely stunned by that gorgeous photo!!! :) Love your 2 cards this week Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so beautiful! That picture takes my breath away ... it is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope you are feeling 100 percent soon! These cards are magnificent Lee!! Oh wow I am drooling over the butterfly card! Stunners for sure!
    beautiful picture of the clouds, seems like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are super but I have to say that the first one is gotta be one of my faves I have come across of late! What great paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are stunning and that sunrise pic is amazing! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh I love that pink gritty coarse glitter butterfly!! (say that fast 3 times LOL...). which glitter did you use? I don't have any glass glitter or such yet, maybe one snow bottle from MS. Love the above the clouds picture, isn't it amazing? I never get tired of looking at stuff like that, gotto love it to live here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lee! These are BEEYOOTEEFULL!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That butterfly is absolutely gorgeous and those cupcakes made me smile...and drool a little too! :) That picture at the end of your post is just heavenly! Made me wish I could walk right out on those clouds! They look so fluffy and soft! :) Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty glittery cards - I really need to get some glitter! I have never used it... and don't own any!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i'm sure glad to be back and see your creations :)

    both cards are just darling, the first one .. i just love it, the PP is perfect for that beautiful butterfly and what a gorgeous photo.

    BTW, your new pic (new for me).. love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...almost forgot, thanks for your well wishes, sure glad to be back again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH WOW! Lee, that butterfly card is OVER the top drop dead gorgeous! Seriously, love the glitter, the corner accents -just everything! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards!! Love the picture too...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOOHOOO! You are my kind of woman! Pink & GLITTER! :o)
    And thanks for the link to the ribbon store on ebay - I am a RIBBOn addict as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's days like this that make living in Colorado the best thing on earth! ~chris (wishing she was a couple thousand feet higher after seeing that pix)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards they are awesome.
    That photo is absolutely breathtaking. What a view to look at each & everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  19. (((Hugs)))-I hope you feel better soon!
    Your cards are aMAZEing! That butterfly is a complete stunner-just jaw dropping, and you did FAB with the bright colors (I'm a flunky with brights, lol). But that picture...OMGosh, that picture! I want to live where you live!! Seriously, please ask your daughter if she'd consider selling a print - I totally want to frame that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the butterfly card very pretty and the cupcake card is to cute. Your photo is gorgous wow what a view!! hope your feeling better, glad it didn't stop you from playing though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are beautiful, but the photo is BREATHTAKING !!!
    I am SO jealous...the view from my house is junky. :(
    I am adding your BLOG page to my favorites and checking to see if you can top that AMAZING butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The butterfly on your first card is absolutely beautiful!!!! This is a gorgeous card. And the picture your DD took is stunning. I so hope to get to see your place this summer sometime......

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both of your fabulous cards, but the glittery butterfly has totally won me over!!! How very stunning!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you are feeling good now, Lee.
    I like the pictures, most especially the last one. Enchanted!
    Have a happy Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a breath-taking beauty!! Your sugared butterfly is exquisite!! Absolutely divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH my!! That butterfly card is simply amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these.....great work as Always!

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this card!! I keep looking back at it....I'm SO going to CASE that butterfly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. that card is awesome Lee! Love that picture too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love these cards. The first one is just lovely and the second is just too 'sweet'. The picture is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!