Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Celebrating A Year Of Belli Challenges with Chrissy!!!!

So have you participated in a Belli Challenge yet??? They're so fun!!!! And Chrissy picks out Guest Designers from the entries each week.......I'm sooo excited to be her guest this week too!!! This is a special Belli Challenge celebrating a whole year!!!! Here are the deets from Chrissy:

Can you believe it has been ONE YEAR of Belli Challenges already!? For those of you who may not know what a Belli Challenge is...

Each week I try give us a challenge to use things we have lying around our stamp rooms or homes! With a constant flow of new things coming out, we tend to forget about the other things we have and they quickly become clutter!

For the week of January 28, Belli #52, we are hosting a VERY special Belli Challenge in celebration of our One Year Anniversary. Some of you may have played this game before with some other groups... We will be BAKING A CAKE to celebrate our First Anniversary of Belli Challenges.

How do we play BAKE A CAKE? Listed below is a list of cake ingredients. You all must pick 5 ingredients, and reply here with your choices, you can list them on your upload too, but don't share what the ingredients stand for, link them up here! Tomorrow I will give you the list of what the ingredients are equal to in Embellishments! On this second list is the corresponding crafting ingredient for the items you picked. For example, flour = ribbon (just an example - the actual list is different). Your challenge is to create a card with those 5 ingredients that you chose. You could wind up having to create a card with ribbon, chipboard, designer paper, buttons, and paint. This is the fun part. You don't know what you are picking!! Are you ready for this fun challenge?? Be sure to reply what your 5 choices are.

Here are the ingredients, be sure to choose 5!

Flour, Sugar, Butter, Vanilla, Eggs, Salt, Baking Soda, Chocolate, Nutmeg, Milk, Cinnamon, Powdered Sugar, Cream Cheese, Cocoa Powder, CoconutOil

Make sure to check out Chrissy's Blog to make sure you get any updated details and the other Designers fun creations!!!

For my "Cake" I chose Flour, Sugar, Butter, Chocolate & Milk. Can you guess what the ingredients stand for??? LOL Can you see some "missing" embellies that I almost always use, but are NOT here??? LOL I used my new Unity Stamp Love & Meaning..........you know I {{heart}} my Unity!!! And this stamp is just so beautiful and such a lovely message!!! So here were the list of Ingredients and what they stood for:

Flour = brads *
Sugar = designer paper *
Butter = vellum *
Vanilla = ribbon
Eggs = scallop punch/nestabilities
Salt = watercoloring
Baking soda = beads
Chocolate = buttons *
Nutmeg = markers
Milk = distressing *
Cinnamon = sponging
Powdered sugar = embossing powder
Cream cheese = chipboard
Cocoa powder = hardware
Coconut = flowers
Oil = glitter or stickles
The ingredients I chose are marked with an asterisk!! Now I had to choose BEFORE I knew what they equalled.........because THAT is the challenge part!!! LOL But can you believe that I did NOT choose ribbon or stickles or glitter???? <<<>>> LOL I stamped onto the Vellum and colored just a little bit with my Copics. I distressed the edges and used pink brads to hold the vellum and large white brads since I couldn't use any ribbon!! The button I used is the cute dragonfly!! The dp is some of my FAVE Basic Grey!!! It definitely was a challenge for me............but it got me out of my comfort zone and I really enjoyed myself!!!! I sure hope you will play along!!!! And make sure to link up your ingredient choices and your challenge card to Chrissy's Blog!!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

17 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! What a GREAT job you did on this card!!!!! I love your vellum and your big white brads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS!!! I think just about everyone chose vellum! LOL You rocked this challenge too girl! THANK YOU for joining us in the Belli Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous Lee, love this!! The vellum and the white brads look fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee your work justs gets more and more amazing! Clever challenge idea. I am impressed with your following. I see Jessie left a comment today! You are just growing and growing in the biz! Good for you. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and wonderful use of vellum :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun challenge! I love your card. The vellum is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW!!!! Love it!!!!!!!! Don't need to say anymore but WOW again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee, you Belli Challenge card is just gorgeous!!! I love that LOVE saying stamp, I have to get me one of those!!! I love the papers you picked and the vellum looks awesome!!! Great job with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun :) I have never seen this game, love what you did with the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Lee, I forgot to add you to my blog for this so will do that tonight yet. Love the vellum and the brads.
    Angel hugs
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever challenge. Your card turned out fabulously even without the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fantastic Lee!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun-you cake looks positively delish!! Even without your "usual ingredients" you rocked this card, m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You bake a fabulous cake! This is an awesome challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, seriously Lee...this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!