Wednesday, January 30, 2008
1. If your doctor told you TODAY that you were pregnant, what would you say? I think we'd be in the Guiness Book of World Records as hubby had a certain procedure done 14 years ago!! However......we really wanted more than two......so it would be a huge blessing!!!
2. When was the last time you flew in a plane? Summer of 2005 to help present our County Emergency Response Team curriculum to some counties in Georgia who wanted to model their team after ours!
3. What did the last text message you sent say? we need milk (ds texted me while I was at the store! LOL)
4. What features do you find most attractive in the opposite sex? Eyes and smile and sense of humor.........my hubby is perfect!!!!
5. What is a goal you would like to accomplish in the near future? To see my daughter published as a writer and me published in a card magazine and possibly even on a Design Team or something along those lines!!! :)
6. Shoe size? 8.5 or 9.......depending on brand and if I need to wear warm socks!!
7. Been to Mexico? We walked across the border of El Paso when the kids were tiny just to say we visited outside the U.S.!!! Yuk......I don't like border towns!
8. When is the last time you had a massage? I had part of one years ago and my back and neck are so tender they had to stop.......never again!!!
9. What was the last TV show you watched? Monk......LOVE that show!!
10. What are your plans for the weekend? Going to look at some houses and properties and keep working on getting our house ready to sell!
11. If your significant other asked you to marry them TODAY what would you say? Unequivocally YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
12. What is in the back seat of your car right now? Oh gosh......with dogs and teens and stuff to take to storage and a winter car emergency kit........who knows???!!! LOL
13. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Trying to get rid of a sinus migraine.....I get them a lot.....but they usually go away with rest and heat and migraine excedrin!
14. If you could marry any celebrity today who would it be? Never seen a celebrity that could EVER begin to match up to my James!!
15. Have you ever been to a strip club? NO........not nohow!
16. What is the best ice cream flavor? Eggnog and Mint Chocolate Chip (but not mixed! LOL)
17. What is the last sporting event you watched? The Green Bay game.......and we'll have the SuperBowl on this weekend.........but we're not completely glued to sports!
18. Ever go camping? Now that we have a nice comfy camper I'm happy to go camping again! After years of roughing it....including while pregnant and with babies.....I was done sleeping on the ground!! ;)
19. Last phone call? Hubby telling me what time he'll be home so I can have dinner nice and hot! :)
20. Are you allergic to anything? Yes.
21. What is one thing you have learned about life recently? That taking care of me IS taking care of my family......it's taken time to learn that and I still sometimes need a reminder that it's okay to do so!!
22. What do you do at work? Mom, Wife, Housecleaner, Volunteer, Chauffeur, Personal Shopper, Cook, Fun-maker, Cheerleader to my dh and kids, etc.... and incredibly HAPPY with my job description!!!!
23. What is your mom's name? Not goin' into a bad past.
24. Ever cried for no reason? I very rarely cry......another lovely gift from the one who will not be mentioned in the above question.
25. Can you do the Crank Dat dance? Whaaaa????
26. What is your favorite color to wear? PINK!!!!
27. What is the longest plane ride you have ever been on? I guess about 5 hours. I HATE flying!!! And it's VERY rare that I do!
28. What is the longest road trip you have ever taken? Ohhhh......we LOVE Road Trips......our longest so far with the kiddos is from Colorado to Florida and back. But we've got our eye on Maine and the other N.E. States next year!!!
29. What are your turn-offs? B.O., People with 'tudes, Mean People.
30. What was your last alcoholic beverage? I drink so rarely, but I did enjoy a Red Appletini when James and I went out for a nice dinner last week.
31. What are you craving right now? An Oatmeal Scotchie!
I couldn't resist........I saw this on Gina K's Blog and thought it was fun!! Hey!!! Now I can tell hubby just how much my crafting and blogging pays off............does that mean I now have $7,000 in my stamping budget????!!! LOLOL
Monday, January 28, 2008
Allrighty........I will be attempting to participate in the Sunday Scrappin' that Amy does on Sundays......but occasionally I may need to play catch up!! My Sunday scrappin' goal is to keep working on my dmil's recipes. One of my other sis-in-law's is helping me to gather and get all the old family recipes along with special memories and/or stories onto the computer. Then they will all need to be digitally scrapped in Photoshop. We worked for quite a time on Sunday and only got half-way thru one recipe box!!! LOL These recipes are wonderful and some of them are from the early 1900's!! So this will be a good ongoing Sunday digital scrapping project!!
AND...............talking with a few of my friends........we thought it would be fun to post some challenges!! So I'll be posting a challenge on Mondays!! Which means you've got all week and weekend to work on it! Or not! I'm not really tooooo bossy!!! ;) If you'd like to jump in on any of them......or give me some cool suggestions for challenges.......please feel free!!!! Just leave a link in your post so we can all go visit your blog and see your fantastical creation and leave some happy comments!!!
Here's today's challenge.......................a COLOR Challenge..........I'm going to post them in Stampin' Up colors, but only because it seems easiest. Feel free to use any colors that are similar!! Okeedokee..............are you ready??? Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence and Mellow Moss!!! Have fun!!!! :)
I'll be back later to post some more cards I've been creating!!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Tomorrow I'm going to pick her brain and pick thru all her old recipes and get them on my laptop. She's got wonderful recipes! Her own, her mother's, my FIL's mother's.............it's time to put together and design the Murphy Family Cookbook!! :)
Okay............DUHHHHHHHHHH............editing to add WHY the title is Mountain Travels!! LOL I forgot that part!!! We drove thru some of the small towns we're considering moving to and saw many potentials!!! I will post some pics when we go with a Realtor and start narrowing down choices!!
I did get to make a couple of cards this week.........I did Wednesday's Sketch Challenge on SCS and also made a little Nugget Box to match!!! My newest Chemo Card Angel assignment is a sweet 11 yr. old girl with leukemia. It's really such a small thing......but it makes me feel happy to share my creations and a smile!! Only 1 card a week is the requirement for a Card Angel, but I love to send an extra if I get a chance and sometimes a cute little gift! She LOVES pink and sparkles..........sound familiar???!!!! LOL
I used Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Tempting Turquoise and SU DP. The glitter dp is by Doodlebug. The Love Matters stamp set was so perfect for this fun and sparkly intro card for my newest Chemo Card Angel patient!! I think she'll love it!! Just added some bling and ribbon!! Also made a matching Nugget Box with the same SU DP and found some heart-shaped chocolates that fit inside! I used a sentiment stamp from the Gina K. ~ Rectangle Greetings set.
Oh this one was FUN!! It's a different type of Pocket Card.........called a Pixie Pouch. I used an extra image from my House Mouse SOTM club package I got for January. Isn't he precious?? Can you see why I'm soooooo addicted??!! LOL I also am totally LOVIN' the Basic Grey line of designer papers!!!!! WHY doesn't anyone tell the newbie about all these cool things??? I have to keep discovering other papers, stamp companies, etc all by my lonesome!! (well, except for having the company of dh's credit card!!! ROFL!!!). Allrighty.......back to my project.......I used Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White c/s, Basic Grey ~ Two Scoops dp. I used a cool Lace corner punch, some eyelets (with my crop-o-dile........not with Kerianne's or Kub's brand new, huge, giGANto one!!), some gingham ribbon and some primas with gems!
Monday, January 21, 2008
A Treat Box!!! I finally made one!! I had been intimidated, but when both my dd and I saw the challenge.........and the Nugget Box template........we just had to try it!! Well.......I think they came out pretty durn cute!!!! I made mine out of some fantastic designer paper that Sarah sent me!! It's Basic Grey - Blush........I am soooo spoiled!!
I also recently joined in on Sunday Scrappin'...............I was planning to make my first post yesterday, but so much is going on!! So rather than try to play catch up and stress out............I will be starting next Sunday with a couple of really fun Digiscrapping goals!! I can't wait!! :)
A Sparkle challenge is sooooooooooooooo up my alley!!! I LOVE my glitter!!!! LOL I used Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green, unknown SU dp, Everyday Celebrations stamp set, ribbon, jewels........the challenge was to use glitter........so I used the Heat & Stick technique and Diamond Dust!
This one was a little tougher..........we had to use some tools, 3 colors C/S, 2 different dp's, a flower stamp, a bg stamp, a sentiment stamp, and at least 3 embellishments! I did just fine........except I had to tuck in another little piece of dp since I only used one!!! LOL So I used the Berry Bliss papers, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip papers. I also used my CB, punches, ribbon, little pearls, primas and brads, and piercing!!! :)
THIS challenge cracked me up sooooooo much!!! It was called Put Your Big Girl Panties On!! I didn't use the template provided 'cuz I know I never would have made the time limit!!!! Soooo......I used 2 of my heart punchies!! I cut them to shapes I wanted..........and used some snowflake pattern stamps and a bit of sparkly glitter along the edges! I used some pretty dp I also got from Sarah.............Sarah, you ROCK!!!!.........and whisper white c/s and just a touch of bling!!! LOL
Sunday, January 20, 2008
| My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is: |
Her Most Serene Highness Lady Lee the Mad of Lower Wombleshire
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
My kids got a TOTAL kick out of my new title!!! Shall I have it embroidered on all my finery????!!! LOL
Thanks Suzanne and Susan for sharing this!!!! :)
In between kitchen remodelling, kids' events, errands, DMIL's surgery, etc.................I got 4 cards done so far!!! I'll get some more stamping time tomorrow!!
I'll post details later.........it's after midnight and I'm heading to bed.........so I just want to get these pics up............LOL
Friday, January 18, 2008
Well................here are some of my recent cards.............what do you think???
Le Jardin ~ I love this paper!! It's the new Berry Bliss from SU. This was an Inspiration Challenge.........a photo of a line of fabrics was the inspiration. They were beautiful!! I also used Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock. I used a Rhonna Farrer swirl (I'm pretty sure!) and I versamarked and embossed the flowers. Added some velvet ribbon and a pretty little embellie to finish it off. I LOVE velvet ribbon!!
Cherish ~ A new type of Pocket Card for me! I had fun making this heart pocket card!! Glitter and pink!!! This image is a Heidi Grace stamp. I used Pink Glitter dp, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, and Berry Bliss dp. I loved these beautiful, victorian brads.....and then had to add some stickles and a little gemstone bling to the photo corners!!
Love You! ~ Ohhhh..........I got my new Gina K. stamp sets that I ordered!!! So be on the lookout for lots of new and fresh card designs!!! This set is called Just So Hippy. It's got adorable animals and cute sayings. I loved this sweet little giraffe! And I thought she'd look cute split onto two punchies!! Okay.........just trying some new ideas out!! This was a challenge card......a color challenge...........those can be tricky for me, but they definitely help me out of my PINK zone!!! LOL The colors were Apricot Appeal, Rose Red and Sage Shadown. And we can always use White or Vanilla. I'm also loving my Nestabilities..........makes for great layering!! I also just got these cute heart rain drops!!
Butterfly ~ This one was a sketch challenge! Now those are definitely becoming my favorite challenge!! I just thought this layout was an elegant one! And so I pulled out a favorite set....Measure of a Life. I thought of the rich colors too with gold embossing........Bravo Burgandy and Old Olive with Very Vanilla for the image. And the lovely and fun Once Upon A Time dp! Another one of these pretty embellies I found at the LSS. I love the lacy corner punch.....it's been fun to have some added details to my layers!! And a tiny bit (aren't you proud of me!!) of stickles for the butterfly's eye!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Lori ..........thank you so much for the award and making me feel so special! I can't believe we only live a few hours away from each other......I hope we get to meet someday!!
Kerianne ..........thank you for your friendship, your openness in accepting me and my family into your home and your life! You are so fun and talented and giving........and you are so encouraging my very unique daughter!!! LOL
Diane ..........for inspiring me with your fabulous creations and your encouraging posts on my cards! I wanna be a wonderful designer and you are helping me learn how to do that!
Christi and Sarah ...............for being my friends and letting me a "big sister" to you!! Hopefully not too bossy a one!! ;) I love your enthusiasm and amazing cards and goals that you set.....and reach!!!
Suzanne and Edith and Ladydoc ...........for your honest and heartfelt sharing of daily life and joys and sorrows. You reach out and touch more than you'll ever know!
And lastly...........but certainly never least!!! My beautiful and talented daughter, the Wordbender ...................I'm amazed as I watch you grow up and I can't believe you're not my baby anymore! But you always will be anyway!! ;) Thank you for being such an incredible gift from above and truly a daughter that a mother can be forever proud of!!!
All my fantastic Flybaby friends.........those who blog and those who don't.......what a unique and caring group of friendship and accountability and.............ACCEPTANCE!!! My word of the year!!!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Winter Wishes.........this one is actually a Gina K. sketch challenge from the new release party she held on the Members Forum at Splitcoast and uses SU Whisper White and Brilliant Blue cardstock and Silver metallic paper that I put through the Cuttlebug with the Snowflakes folder. The stamp set is Gina K. ~ Let It Snow. I stamped and colored the images and then embossed using the Heat and Stick and then the Diamond Dust. The snowflake embellies I found at Target. 2 blue brads complete the card!
Winter Wonderland........this is the card I made from my fabulous Blog Candy win at Diane's beautiful blog!!! I used the SU Snowflakes stamp set and Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, and Pretty in Pink cardstock. Beautiful snowflake dp too!! I added photo corners and used Stickles on those, the Warm Words stamp set in the hardware and the sheer ribbon. I also used the heat and stick and diamond dust technique on this card! I'm soooooo addicted!!! LOL Thanks so much for the stunning "ingredients" for my creations Diane!!!
Believe........this is also a sketch challenge from the Gina K. forum party. The card actually ties closed over the chipboard heart. I LOVE this SU Cerise paper!! LOVE it, LOVE it!! And a little glitzy dandelion from the Gina K. ~ Make A Wish stamp set seemed like a great match! Of course I not only painted the heart red but glittered it too!!! I actually used a snowflake bg! Some red ribbon and doodling around the sentiment finished off this card!!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
But I have never accepted myself! Ever. And last year was quite a year of realization for me! I am not the stupid, unqualified, evil person I was raised to believe that I was! James really has helped me to sit down and look at what I have been able to accomplish! Both intellectually as well as emotionally and physically!! Spirituality still has quite a ways to go! The cruelest abuse was having the belief of a loving God and Father stolen from me as a child! So the rebuilding there is slow.
I've always loved people and volunteering and children and causes and my own little family...........but this thinking about Acceptance is showing me that if I cannot accept (and love) myself......I can only develop partial bonds with others and not as deep and lasting ones as I would really enjoy......and that we all need so we can be fulfilled and content!! (Suzanne's word!!)
So............2008.............some goals for Acceptance as I see them at the moment:
Accept myself........just as I am, but always striving to improve!
Accept my children and husband as an incredible GIFT from above!
Accept others, with their gifts and their flaws, but still knowing it's okay to protect my heart.
Accept my past.........knowing it will never change, but it also does not have to define me.
Accept help from others.........that may just be the toughest challenge!
I know there will be more goals and other steps.......but this is a start! And seeing it on my blog and occasionally "talking" outloud here.........here's hoping to a year full of Acceptance!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Wow.........it's been a busy and fun week......despite this sickie thing just hangin' on............but I'm definitely better and still enjoying my favorite activities.......'cuz being sick in bed is simply not fun!!!!! LOL
So..........some very cool new experiences for me!! First.........I won some Blog Candy!!!! Yes..........me!!! Even with the last name of Murphy!!!! ;) Diane ( luv2stamp50 on SCS) had a blog candy give-away!!! And it was sooooooo my favorite theme!!! WINTER!!!! Some beautiful designer papers, cardstock, snowflake brads, ribbons, fibers, snowflake embellies.............wow!!! Gorgeous and very generous!!! I received this amazing package in the mail yesterday and here's the first card I made: Winter Wonderland ...........snow just goes perfectly with the glitter I love so well!!!
Second cool thing................I attended the Gina K. thread on SCS new stamp release party!!! Well......it's my second one 'cuz they are a BLAST!!! But this time I won one of the question contests!!!! And I won an adorable ribbon tin with ribbon!!! Gina's company is amazing, very personally involved, friendly, very giving with their Stamps For A Cause (which I have all of so far!!!) and fun!!! My order already shipped and my prize is tucked in!!! I can't wait for new toys!!!
Finally..........I finished the 30 Set Challenge posted by fellow Stampin' Flybaby Peggysue on SCS Flybabies!!! I did it!!! I loved getting so much accomplished and learning to have self-control in my spending and really use and love my stampin' stuff before acquiring more!!! But I sure did spend after I reached my goal!!! I bought my first set of Nestabilities for my Cuttlebug and I LOVE them!! And that website has a free newsletter you sign up for and get a 40% off coupon for 1 item that includes the Nestabilities!!! I bought some more adorable House Mouse stamps!!! And 4 sets of Gina K. stamps!!! Well........actually if you buy 3 you get the January set of the month free!!! How cool is that??!! Okay.......James came with me to XpedX and we also bought a ream of Black, White and Cream Neenah cardstock that is wonderful quality and very reasonably priced!!! I feel so spoiled!!! I'm also soooooooooooooo done craft shopping for a while!!!! LOLOL
Here are some more cards I made for my challenge and many of them I made for the very cool SCS Challenges!!! I don't get to play every day.........dang it!!! But I'm definitely learning more techniques and designs and getting out of my little comfort zone!!
I used the SU Wanted set for this card. Really Rust, Sage Shadow and More Than Mustard cardstock, Wanted DP, ribbon, slider and punchies for this card.
For this card.......a Sketch challenge.......I used Wintergreen DP, Rose Red, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White and Taken with Teal cardstock. Some brads and creamy caramel ribbon. And the It's Snowtime SU stamp set.
I made hubby a card for the 19th Anniversary of our engagement!! He always remembers all the little special dates.........so I wanted to show him how much I appreciate him!! I wanted it to be a card appropriate for him (which means none of my usual over-use of glitter!! LOL) and I used one of the SCS Sketch challenges to help me out!!! He LOVED it!!! I put a little heart coupon inside good for breakfast in bed and hid it in his computer bag!! :) I used the SU Sketches by the Sea stamp set, Wintergreen DP, Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy papers. Just a sheer ribbon for embellies!
And here's a precious kitten stamp I just had to use!! I got a retired SU set Fancy Felines for my dd and couldn't resist!!! This is another SCS challenge card to use flowers........and I love pinks and greens together!! I used Whisper White and Green Galore cardstock, Flowers for You DP and then flowers and brads and ribbon!!! Oh and a little kitty charm I've had forever!!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
1. I LOVE winter, and snow, and snowflakes, and snowmen, and blizzards, and fleece!!! :)
2. I am truly only "home" when we live in the mountains!
3. I never went to college........my parents wouldn't allow me to. But I have taken many, many classes as an adult and love to learn! In fact, my 17 daughter thinks it would be "cool" for me to take a photography class with her!!! :)
4. I love music!! Almost any kind!! (Just no rap!) I make my own CD mixes and they are truly "mixed" up!!! I will have Barry Manilow, Bon Jovi, George Strait, Five for Fighting, Enter the Haggis, Wham!, John Denver, Josh Groban, Dixie Chicks, Rod Stewart, Judy Garland, Sting, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Eagles, U2..........and all on the same CD!!!! Okay.........you get the picture, right??!!! LOL
5. I did absolutely marry THE most fantastic man in the entire world!! And I have THE 2 best kids in the entire world!!
6. I love roadtrips!! Good thing too since we do 1 or 2 pretty big ones each year!! We've seen most of the lower 48!! Just missing the very NE States and N. Dakota..........I know, strange, huh??!!
7. Okay........this one may just surprise some of you!! Not very many people know that I have 2 tattoos!!! YES!! Me!! I really do!! And the bigger surprise?? I got them both just last year!! Long story for each of them.............but I love them!! In fact, I'm rather ATTACHED to them!!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!
Well............there you have it..........now aren't you just thrilled to the gills you know all that??!!! Or at least I hope I didn't scare you off!!! LOL Hmmmmmmm..............now to post my list of unsuspecting victims.........errrrrr........friends!!!!! :)