Monday, December 8, 2008

Shimmerz, Glitter & Bling.........OH YEAH!!!!

Smiley from millan.net


So how's the weather??? We're in a Blizzard warning and expecting up to a foot of snow between tonight and tomorrow!! Hubby had to work in Denver today, so he'll pick up any last minute groceries, etc we need before we're snowed in!!! And then we'll just be all comfy and cozy!!!! Got the woodstove goin' and plenty of firewood!!


So it's sure easy to be in a wintery mood for card-making!!! LOL This one was a combination challenge. For the SCS Limited Challenge to make a monochromatic snow card using some glitz and for Kim's Blog challenge to make a snow card not using the color blue and using some glitter. Well OH MY!!!! Seriously............you mean I'm being TOLD to use glitter and bling???!!!!! Well, shucks!!!!!! Of course I just ***HAD*** to obey!!!! LOL So why not try green?? I've never made a green, snowy card! And I had this pretty green metallic paper....I love cuttlebugging metallics.........such a great look!! So here's my card titled, "It's Snow Easy Being Green." LOL............gotta love a muppet reference!!!!!!


I made this for the EtsyInspired #14 Challenge sample...........check out all the info on Ashley's Blog and please play along!!! I used some waaaaaaaaaay cool Unity stamps!!!! I used the birdie from the November Kit of the Month. And the Bounded Hearts stamp. I used some Blue Stickles on the birdie and then some Candlelight Shimmerz I bought from Limelight. I LOVE Shimmerz!!!!!! I love them..........yes I do!!!!!!!! I do have Twinkling H2O's (of course I prolly have ANY item that shimmers or "glitzes"!! LOL)........and I do like them, but they are more muted and a bit subtler than Shimmerz!!!! I'm glad Mandy keeps them in stock as I most certainly WILL be ordering more colors!!!!! LOL


Ohhh isn't this new Diet Sophie cute??!!! I'm sooo addicted to Hanna Stamps Riley/Sophie and have nearly all of them!! I have the newest ones on the way here too!! Riley in an SUV and Riley in an RV!!!! Well, this Sophie card was for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. 'Cuz Sophie knows that extra pound or two came from her love of cupcakes!!! LOL And who can deny that??? Cupcakes are YUMMMMY!!!! And this is just more delicious Basic Grey dsp!!! I finally remembered my little clear alphabet stamps so I can make up some fun little sentiments!!

Well, I'll be doing some more creating and probably more fun snowy cards with bling since that's the mode I'm in!!! LOL And I've got some happy and wonderful RAKs to share soon too!!!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

24 comments:

  1. A foot, huh?!!! Ooh girl, better you than me, lol!!!! LOVE your cards, that first one is my fave, I love the colors!! Stay warm, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo your snowflake green card is just gorgeous! LOVE it! and sophie and the little birdies, awesome creations Lee...I know it was such a hard one with HAVING to use glitter and bling, haha!

    I want to come to your house...then we be snowed in together drinking hot chocolate and stamping the day away...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lee, I am loving all these! Your snowflake card is so elegant! Stay safe and enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow blizzard warning...hope all is okay and you don't get snowed in too bad. I'll be thinking of you and your family - but I guess it really is perfect weather for stamping! Adorable cards today missy...love the Sophie image and your monochromatic card, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first card is just lovely and the embossed areas are wonderful the way you used them. Your second card is just so wonderful with the blues and the bling!...and Riley is just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good lord...I HATE snow, so better you than me, LOL!! Super cute cards, love the metallic green!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How's the weather? Well today was gorgeous! 76 degrees and a nice breeze and beautiful sun! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are wonderful!

    I like snowed in- occasionally! Somehow I think you get that way a little more often that we do, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, as always, Lee! I especially like the blue and yellow one with the hearts and birds. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all gorgeous!! That snowflake card is so beautiful - WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS cards Lee! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards Lee but I especially love that green and white card. Wowee!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I'm glad you got that snow and I didn't.
    Gorgeous cards, Lee...thanks so much for playing our FFC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All 3 cards are just gorgeous, love your snowflake card ... oh so stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that green paper! Just a beautiful card! I have that cuttlebug folder ans have not used it yet! You have inspired, my friend! Looks like you have been having alot of stamping fun, creating wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the green snowflake card. Great cards!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow...great cards girl! love the sparkle on the snowflake and i am in love with that bird card...a total stunner.

    Stay safe *and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards, Lee! I love all the texture and dimension. I really love your diet Sophie/Riley, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both so lovely! Hope your fire was nice and cozy and you had some fun stamping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, wow, and wow...soo many awesome cards in just one post--You're spoiling us!! :) LOVE them all, I seriously gasped when I saw the first one with the snowflake layer and beautiful green papers--it's gorgeous! And then I saw the birdies and my heart melted--I LOVE birdies!! And your colors and everything is wonderful--and who could resist Mr. Moose?!! CUTE CUTE!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous cards! I am so behind on my reading - missed the blizzard, was it fun being snowed in? Can you believe it snowed yesterday morning in Austin? Melanie saw the snow flurries at 1:00 a.m. - I didn't even realize, wondered why there was such a thickness to the ICE in the morning-HA! love that diet Sophie card ~ I so resemble it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Girl, I love your work! And I love your spirit. Comes through loud and clear on hip hop. Stay strong (and warm!).

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOWsers! These are all amazing! Love the etsy insp'd card, beautiful and whimsical, the metallic green on the first is fabulous with the cuttlebug and Riley knows me too well LOL! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are soooo beautiful and the Riley card is so fun and adorable!! It's been snowing here for about 4 days know, I'm sure we've gotten over 2'. It's pretty, but it ain't fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!