Friday, December 19, 2008

Hip Hop Hangover............is DEEEElicious!!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

HIP HOP!!!!!! LOL!!! Yep..........it's Friday and y'all know what that means!!! It's Hangover from Hip Hop!!! Actually this is a HHHH............a Holiday Hip Hop Hangover!!!! Hence........the dancing holly!!! ;) Ohhhh the specials at Unity Stamps.............oh my you have to check them out!!! And they're good thru Friday night!!!! Start out at Angela's Blog to see the deets on the specials and to start Hip Hoppin' thru the fun Hangover Blogs!!!!!



This card was for the Wednesday Unity Addicts to make a monochromatic card. I decide the Mega Tea Cup would make a yummy big ole cuppa latte and be perfect in browns and cocoas!!! This is Papertrey designer paper.....yummmy!! The sentiment is from Impression Obsession. And the Chocolate Pearls I got from Limelight Papercrafts are soooooo awesome!!!! I'm totally addicted and already need to order more!! LOL I didn't get to the other Unity Hip Hop challenges because I was working on this:


YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Edible Unity!!!!!!!!! Okay, well, edible cookies with Unity stamp designs anyway!!!! LOL So on the Unity SCS thread, Tanis posted this cool project, Springerle Cookies, and then challenged any bakers to attempt it!!! Well.....................I just ***had*** to try!!! Now..........2 important things here that you simply MUST bear in mind.........1 - I have never made Springerle before and 2 - I have never stamped on cookies before!!!!! LOL So..........I give you permission to laugh!!! I sure did!!! I sooooooooooo obviously need lots more practice!!!! Especially in the "painting" of the stamped designs!!!! I used images from both the August and November Unity KOM!!! I bought some Shimmer Dust in the cake decorating aisle and tried to follow the directions.........well, ummmmmmmmm......I think you can kinda, sorta tell what I was going for!!!! Here's what I learned........I need a tinier paintbrush, I may need actual Luster Dust that the recipe called for, I need to be patient and let the cookies set for 10 hours before they bake like the directions said instead of 2-3 like I did, AND........I need to roll the dough a bit thinner. Well.........they're different anyway!!!!! LOL What do y'all think????!!!!

Well............hope you all are planning a fun and relaxing weekend!!! We've got more snow and cold on the way.....so I think I'll be in my stamp room!!!! :) I've got a gorgeous award and some fabulous RAKs I'll be posting soon!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

31 comments:

  1. hehe what fun!! I actually have a stamping kit from Germany that is made to stamp on cookies....
    love that chocolatey coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me....I don't bake, or decorate anything baked, LOL!! Super cute card and good for you for trying...atleast you have an idea of what to do different next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! They are so cute!!! As long as they taste good, who cares, right!?!
    Fun card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your cookies look awesome. I thought they were perfect until you pointed out what you should have done differently.

    The coffee card looks yummy. So rich and pretty. Your post today is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS Yummy card!
    OMGosh, love the edible Unity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Lee those look really good. OK I want those instead of the card...deal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great!! I actually just saw Tanis's post and was thinking that it might be fun to do with the kids - and now I'm all hungry! I've got some new rubber on the way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card!! Love the cookies, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw the post for stamping on cookies I wasn't so sure...but these turned out super cute! Great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Lee! And your cookies look fine to me, how do they taste??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Unity cookies ROCK! Love them! My two favorite things...stamping and sweets all in one package!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I applaud you for trying the food stamping, they look so cute and yummy! Great job! Maybe I will be brave and try one day. until then I will just enjoy looking at yours, it's less calories too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coffee card, and the cookies look awesome! What a great idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness....I love, love love that coffee cup! Fantastic card Lee. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. =) Love your dancing hollies. and your latte card is great too! OH! I never thought to use stamps to make impressions in your cookies--you clever girl! :) Anyway, happy holidays to you and have a very Merry Christmas!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very yummy card and cookies. That card is goregous everything you create is gorgeous and stunning.

    Have a great weekend. We are getting loads of snow here. Tomorrow I plan to spend the morning/afternoon working on xmas gift crafs and tomorrow night we are going to disney on ice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so impressed that you actually made the cookies!!!! So fun! Great tea card too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A for effort on the cookies! Never in a million years would I have thought to stamp on cookies! Look out now, I might have to try it! Rest assured, I will give credit where credit it due!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOooh, that cup and saucer stamp is SO elegant!! love your card, but those cookies are WAY too cute. I would gladly share a cookie and latte with you, girlfriend!! :D Hugs, Kel

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cup card is GORGEOUS!!! You are so rockin' the hangover unity cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the card and the cookies are a bonus!!! Right~~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stamping on cookies sounds SO cool!!! I am so not a baker but I'm really wanting to learn (with the Flybabies help of course!). Your card is Amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. how cool are those cookies?! too cute

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG, would you stop! Chocolate and cookies...making me HONGRY!! LOL! That card is just gorgeous Lee, you took that big ole stamp and rocked it! And the cookies, well I'd eat one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry it's been so long! This card is absolutely stunning, gorgeous to the max and the cookies are so cute. I was thinking about stamping on chocolate, but wasn't sure how to go about it!! I think you's either have to put it in after it's statrts to harden or at the beginning, but then I was wondering if it would come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!!! I really have to try this! Great first try! :) No laughing over here. . . just pure inspiration! Thanks Lee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you are not snowed in, but if you are you have cookies at least! ;-)
    Have a wonderful Christmas! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhhhh YUMMY! I LOVE Coffee and this cup is SCRUMPTIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!