Friday, December 12, 2008

Hip Hop Hangover....and Wintery Greetings!!!!

Smiley from millan.net

Well Hip Hop!!!!!!!!! So didja pop in at the Unity Stamps Hip Hop on SCS yesterday???!!! Huh, huh????? Didja???????!!!!!! LOL Yes.........it's FUNNNNNN!!!!!! I won a prize again too!!! Sooo many fun contests, challenges, prizes, special deals..........you gotta come check it out on Thursdays!! Besides.........we're all a Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious group of stampers to hang out with anyway!!!!!!!! Okay, I sooooo do NOT want to hear about mis-spelling that word!!!! ROFL!!!!


Remember to start at the ADORable and Sweet Angela's Blog and Hip Hop your way thru the wonderfully creative Hangover Blogs!!!! She's got some super fabulous sales going thru Friday night too, so check them out!!! I am already signed up for the Kit of the Month.......and do I ever ADORE them!!!!!!!



Well, I've been making some Altered Journals lately for gifts.........I decided I wanted to alter the one I've been using!!!! Don't I get to have a pretty and fun journal???!!! You bet I do!!!! And this stamp, Leave A Trail, is one my DD and I picked out together that really has so much meaning for the two of us as she just turned 18 and is starting out her own unique path in life!!! I'll be making her a very special journal using this sentiment also............but without the pink and bling!!!! LOL

I know it's kinda hard to see........I don't know why my lightbox was being so irksome and uncooperative............at least that's MY story!!!! I'm sure it couldn't have been Operator Error!!!! ;) I hope you can click on the picture and get a better look-see!!! I made these earrings using my favorite shrinky dink film and my AWESOME Butterfly Beauty kit!!!! Yep........I surely do {{{heart}}} this kit!!!!! I colored them with Copics, although I will say you have to color very carefully with any markers on the shrinky plastic since it loves to come off on your fingers before you shrink and heat set it!!!! LOL Ask me how I know!!!! I just made a little earring holder type card with the Create Yourself stamp and some cardstock.

Well, we actually got out of our driveway today!!! We got over 16" and I got the SUV stuck in a ditch trying to go pick up dh who couldn't make it up our road in his 2 wheel drive car. Well.............DS had to come rescue me on the ATV and bring me back home..........that was a wee bit of a chilly ride home!!! LOL But my awesome, strapping 16 y.o. son drove and mama got to duck behind him so he took the brunt of the weather both coming down and going home!! Poor guy!!! I'm so proud of my teenage son!!! He's such a wonderful and caring young man!!!! So dh actually made it to a friend's house from church and our friend brought him up to the house in his jeep!! They're letting our car stay there until we can get it!! Gotta LOVE the Colorado Mountain Winters!!!!! I'll leave you with a gorgeous photo my DD took of the sunrise after the snowstorm!!!! Yep..........that's why we live here!!!!



I'll be back with a special announcement and some fun blog candy!!!!! (((tease)))!!!! Also some fun awards, a tag and some RAKS!!!! :)

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

25 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Your journal is GORGEOUS!!! Talk about an inspiring piece to fill you with inspiration as you jot down your thoughts!!

    I also love the earrings!!! I have a thing for butterflies, and I have one that looks very similar to the ones on the earrings on the back of my neck. Have you ever read the short story "Artist of the Beautiful" by Nathaniel Hawthorne? It is a beautiful story about persistence and staying true to one's dreams. I love it!!!

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful Lee!! Love that journal especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects, Lee! Those earrings are gorgeous! What a beautiful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet gift ideas Lee! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are wonderful, great job! And wow beautiful picture of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE both of these sentiments! Great projects! Those earrings are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee, this is ABSOLUTELY beautiful.. I just love your work and you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as always! Ask me how I know about the shrinky dink and copics, I had the same thing happen to me on my necklace that I made for the etsy challenge...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. soooo LoveLEE!great gift ideas! I just love the sentiment you used, it is my fave. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That journal is beautiful..but Unity you can WEAR..HOLY COW..LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great journal projects. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- beautiful journal and projects! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky girl!! I'm happy you won! I can't keep up on those party things,Love your journal,so lovely!
    Can't wait to see what your news is,I hate waiting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love your journal!
    The earings are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW...what a gorgeous view and a beautiful picture. Your cards are amazing, love the sentiments you chose with DD. Perfect for this time in her life, but always inspiring even at my old age!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS journal Lee!!! Love it, so many details!!! The earrings ROCK!!! Love the pics, we love our sunsets too - and lots of trees, just not that much snow - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another set of adorable projects! Love the photo...looks so dreamy. I would want to stay and just stamp all day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card and what really gorgeous butterflies on those earrings!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!