Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Elegant Wine Glasses!!!!

Okeedokee...................I said I'd share a Table Setting Idea!!!! Well, I made these for the Gina K. release party............you do know how I LOVE my shrinky dink!!!!! Well..........why not make my own Wine Glass Charms???? That way for ANY occasion and any theme...........I can create charms to match!!!!


So for this set I used Rupa's The Magic Of Christmas.........I stamped them on the shrink plastic (I used the Frosted type) and then colored them using Copics. I will warn you that SU markers bleed a LOT and get all over your fingers forever if you use them on shrink plastic!!! I've heard Sharpies work well, but I haven't tried them yet. Then I punched a tiny hole at the top *before* I shrunky dunk them!!! If you wait until after.........you can't punch a hole!!!! LOL




Then using my Piercing tool to hold on slightly, I heat up the charm using my heat gun. I'm FAR too impatient to wait for an oven!!!! After it squigglies and wigglies and looks incredibly weird............it will flatten out. Immediately, while it's still hot, roll over it with a pen or something similar to get it evenly flat. Then lift it gently off the table surface so it will cool and not stick to the table. Now you can use it however you'd like!! I used these with some hoops and holiday beads to make the wine glass charms!!! What do you think????

The business trip in to Denver is just about over and we checked out of the hotel and will be heading home when he's finished at the office. Good thing as even though a quick trip is fun, I miss my kids, my home, my mountain, my stamp room......................AND.........................

Of COURSE the dog had her PUPPIES yesterday while we're in Denver!!!!! So guess what my teenagers got to handle??? Puppy births!!!! LOL Well, DS did.............DD staunchly refused to be a "dog" person as she is a confirmed "cat" person!!! LOL DS is handling everything wonderfully, but I sooooo can't wait to see these puppies!!!! 6 healthy lab-mix pups!! Free to a good and happy home in 8 weeks...............anyone want one??? LOL Well, I'll be back later with more fun creations AND pictures of those adorable little bundles of fur!!!!
************Please if anyone can help me figure out how I'm uploading my pics so you can no longer click for a larger version, help me!!! I have looked all over my settings and can't figure it out!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

35 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting! I love puppies. Can't wait to see the pics.

    Your glasses are gorgeous. Perfect for the holiday table.

    I have trouble with my pic being clickable if I drag them. I now upload them in the order I want them. If I have to move them, then I go into the code and cut/paste. I haven't had any trouble doing it that way. It's just a pain compared to dragging and dropping. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table setting is gorgeous!!!! I have the same problem with my pics not being able to go bigger and I asked on my blog and no one ever answered me. :( If you find out the trick please lmk! :) Congrats again on the puppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your festive wine glasses & charms! how fun with the puppies! can't wait to see them as I am a DOG & CAT lover! I agree with Theresa's remark, upload in the order you want them in your post & don't move them, should be o.k. after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohhh congrats on the puppies....they must be adorable!

    LOVE your charms--what an awesome idea and i love the way they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh, puppies! can't wait for you to show us some pics :)

    and love your glasses

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just too amazing! I love the wine glass tags!

    And your dog had puppies while you were away!?? Well, it's good for teenagers to experience a little reality now and then! ;) It will be so exciting to see them when you get home (the puppies and the teenagers)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea Lee. I just purchased some frosted Shrinky Dinky last weekend and now I have another project to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so pretty, Lee! Love the colors! Aren't shrinky dinks addictive!? I can't wait for the oven, either! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww puppies you have to share pics with us. My buddy is a full bred yellow lab. They are the best dogs. My dog is my baby. I would love another dog but I don't think buddy would like it if all and I mean all attention wasn't on him, he's spoiled.


    Your glasses are gorgeous and what a creative idea. You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute stuff, sorry you missed the birth of the puppies though!! I am lucky to get photos on my own blog, much less help anyone else, so good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are sooooo gorgeous, you are amazing Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are adorable! I love making those!! sorry I can't help with the picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the charms on your wine glasses! Can't wait to see pics of the puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I cannot click on mine and sometimes I can. Not sure why either, but I am willing to try Theresa's suggestion. I do that once in a while now. :) I love your charms though. Very festive. I just pressed the control key and roll my mouse wheel to enlarge the picture. LOL (ok, but it works)

    Oooh, fun, puppies! My parents are getting two Great Pyrenees this Saturday. As they are about 3 months old and a big dog breed, not sure how "puppy-ish" they will be but I am excited, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those are AWESOME! I'm gonna have to try shrinky dinks...someday. hee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are having a good trip.

    Those drink glass charms are SUCH a neat idea- one of these YEARS when I have a little free time I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can you pm me on SCS ? NikiM. I cannot get an email to go through to you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. great charms lee!!!
    i had no idea you could use shrinky dink film and a heat gun.... hmmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those little charms are darling! Great idea, as always!! I FINALLY figured out how to use the shrinky stuff... before I was stopping when it was looking all ugly thinking I went too far, when in fact I just hadn't passed the deformity stage!! (*duh*!!!)...

    Can't wait to see pics of the puppies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful wine glasses and what a great idea to make the charms! Can't wait to see pictures of the puppies, I bet they are adorable.
    As far as your picture enlarging problem goes I have no idea :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the glasses and charms! Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Can't wait to see those pups!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your charms - they are so fun! You are the 'shrinky dink' Queen, Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are soo very elegant Lee!! LOVE the idea too (although my hubby and I aren't wine drinkers, we do love the ciders...cranapple is our fave) so this would totally work for us too! Actually, I think I need some way of marking all my kids' cups as they go through waaay to many!! LOL.

    ABOUT THE PICS... after you upload them, you can't drag them anywhere or they lose their ability to enlarge when clicked on. I learned that the hard way. SO, make sure you upload in the order you want them. ALSO, if you upload and then want to change how the typing is, MOVE THE WORDS, NOT the pictures! That'll still work! =) HTH!
    HUGS!
    OH, and can't wait to see the pups!

    ReplyDelete
  24. GOSH! those are cool!! "shrunky dunk" LOL!!! hey, I had that same photo problem, with larger to begin with photos, could that be it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH I just read that first post about the photos! I'll see if that makes a difference

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are great !!! And those puppies must just be so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, how very delightful,Miss Lee! I must see your new furbabies when you get a chance!!! How neato burrito!!! :) These festive holiday wine glass charms are divine! I do wish I could see them a bit closer, but I have the same trouble sometimes--I think I'll also take the good advice given here from folks. You are so talented and inspiring,girlfriend! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW -- these are FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simply stunning!!! A photo of this belongs in a magazine it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. CUTE GLASSES! and by the way... you are the WINNER FOR MY BLOG CANDY! send me your address at Queenofpaper.blogspot.com :)
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW....gorgeous. I love how they came out. Hope you had a fun trip. I love going away...but I love even more coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I used to have that problem and I fixed it.....I don't remember how. But I will think about it. What size do you have your pics now??? Mine are large. (I will ask my dh to see if he remembers what I did....being pregnant I cannot remember anything right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  33. So creative and so pretty. I love both sets. Shrink is lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!