Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just So Sporty Zipper Pull!!!!

You guessed it!!!!!!!!!! My Gina K. order arrived and of COURSE I had to play!!! Well, I had to get the Blog Candy package ready to send out first!!! LOL Then I cut out all my stamps so I can just create whenever something strikes me!!! (yeah, my hubby would have a smart alek comment right here!! LOL).

Well..........I really have been enjoying making fun items with the Shrink Plastic.....and I thought with the new Just So Sporty stamp set by Melanie Muenchinger.......I could actually make something cool for my son!!! 'Cuz for some reason he's just not into my cute, pink earrings I've made so far!!!! LOL Sooooooooo..........it is Football season........that means Bronco games in this household!!! I can't say we're hugely batty over sports.....but we do enjoy some! And you just can't be a Native Coloradan without being a Bronco Fan!!!! Oh especially in the AWEsome John Elway years!!! So I had to use his jersey number........his very respected and appropriately retired #7. So as ds loves his Broncos, I thought I'd make a zipper pull for his sweatshirt! I thought I'd be really fun and attach it to his Bronco sweatshirt..........but DUH!! It doesn't have a zipper!!! LOL Sooooo........I think it still looks cool on this sweat jacket!! What do y'all think??? I will share a tip with you...........SU markers do not work well on shrink plastic........they don't "set" or dry well and even long after the item is shrunk and cooled off..........ink gets ALL over your fingers...........yes, I now have orange and blue fingers!!! LOL So......I believe I'll see what the Copics are like........I'll keep you posted!! ((haha, get it? posted!!)) Yep.........I have been married to the King of Dumb Jokes for a looong time!!

Well.........off to create more with the FANtastic Fall stamp sets from September's release!!!

OH and just a THANK YOU for all of you who have e-mailed me, pm'ed me and left comments here about being chosen to be an In The Spotlight Designer for Gina K. in October!!!! I was soooooooooo excited and thrilled and happy and shocked!!!! I can't wait for this awesome and amazing experience!!! And to get to be in the Spotlight with my friend Cat......who is sooooo talented and you may already know was recently Melanie Muenchinger's Guest Designer!!! What an absolutely SUPER time we're gonna have!!! I mean, Gina herself and all of her FABULOUSLY talented designers!!! How cool is that!!!??? Yes............totally!!!! Ooooops, my 80's slang is showing!!! LOL Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back later!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

20 comments:

  1. I hate that SU markers don't work with polyshrink...try watercolor pencils, they ususally do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I am so happy for you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute girl - it's so easy to see why you were chosen, you have mad talent, girl!! And hey, let that 80s slang show - we get it, LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that zipper pull! How cool! Congratulations for being chosen! I am super excited for you!!!

    Christi D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee, this is so cute! What a fun idea. Congrats on being chosen for Gina's Spotlight Designer. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOO cute!

    I have just yesterday done my first shrink plastic and OMW I am in loooove! That stuff is so cool. (Yes, I am always behind the times...LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Lee! How exciting and I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That's so cute! :) I found you via Diane's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute or in the words of a teenage boy is cool! LOL! Love your sense of humor I come from a family with a list a mile long of "dumb jokes" that you can't help but to chuckle at.

    Again congrats on being in the spotlight. You so deserve it girl!! Can't wait to see what you create next

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leigh, I am absolutely stoked that you have been chosen for Gina Ks team!!! Way to go!!! I am so looking forward to seeing what you create!!!

    This zipper pull is really cute and I can see how all sorts of stamps could be adapted for clothing like this with the shrink plastic. I used some Impress Dual Markers on my shrinky-dink plastic and it didn't seem to run, but I only accented small areas of a dove with the pens, so maybe I need to colour a larger area and report back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally is 80's ? I stil say it all the TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea! You can do so much with it. This would be wonderful for the zipper on a purse too. By the way you've been tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, we are sharing the same thoughts...you will have to check out my post tomorrow ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness, this is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very very cute what you did with your pull and a good color too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply brilliant! You're already showing us why you were picked...so well deserved! Love the idea of the hoodie as a zipper pull!

    I use color sharpies and copics tend to do okay on Polyshrink...just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still say some 80's words! I love your zipper pull, so awesome! I used prismacolor pencils on my polyshrink - they go on well & get more vibrant when shrunk.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!