Sunday, September 21, 2008

Alzheimer's Awareness And Cammie's Amazing Spirit!!!

Ohhh I know you've all been to Cammie's Blog...........but have you seen today's update on the FABulous and truly heartwarming fundraising and awareness for Alzheimer's?!! So many wonderful and generous companies......so many talented and special stampers........it truly does bring tears to my eyes!! WE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS!!!! Don't ever let anyone tell you it's impossible for one person to make a difference!! Just check out her blog and take a look for yourself!!! And then participate in any way you can to increase this difference we can all make!!!



Cammie is asking for such a small thing in order to be eligible for such a HUGE Blog Candy prize!!! Go see for yourself............over $1000.00 worth of goodies plus very special hand-made items from some talented stampers with such a heart!!! What is she asking?? Just to make a Thank You card for an Alzheimer's Caregiver and link it to her blog along with a link to her blog candy!!! Seriously...............that's it!! Just to make a day a bit brighter for someone who's caring for and watching someone they love struggle with this disease!! Now that's LOVE!! My life was only very briefly touched by Alzheimer's.........my husband's grandfather passed away due to Alzheimer's while we were on our honeymoon...........so many years ago!! I was brand new to the family, and because it was such a whirlwind romance, I never got to know his grandfather much. But I ADORE my in-law's and have heard just how much they did!! They moved my FIL's parents back in with them for years until both of them passed, my FIL's father from Alzheimer's and short months later my FIL's mother from that loss as she never recovered. My card is for them, even so many years later to really acknowledge what I never was a part of.

If you don't know someone who is a Caregiver, Cammie has an address of a wonderful staff who helped take care of her grandmother and would treasure such thank you cards!!!

{{{{Cammie}}}}.........thank YOU for your generosity, your inspiration and your spirit!!! We can only imagine what wonderful effects will come from this selfless Pay It Forward act of kindness!!! I hope that you can truly enjoy watching the results and know just how many lives you've touched forever!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

23 comments:

  1. Lee, I'm just now finding out about your great news! Congratulations for being selected by Gina K. Oh, you so deserve it and I'm so very happy for you. What fun you will have. Can't wait to see all the beautiful creations you'll be sharing with us. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo beautiful and such a touching story!! Cammie is an awesome person and what she is doing I'm sure her Grandma is smiling in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Congrats on being selected by Gina K. That's so cool. I'm headed to Cammie's blog, but I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - I too am going to post on my blog, your card is beautiful, Lee!

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful, I'm sure your in laws will be thrilled and touched to receive it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card for such a good cause. :) I've got to make some to send out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Lee!! Cammie is amazing. I've been following her since I began stamping and have always been inspired by her talent and huge heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...this is so awesome!! My grandpa suffered Alzheimer's and I didn't even get to know him--he died within a year after I was born. It's terrible, but I'm so glad that people are raising awareness and what a generous gesture to send cards to the caregivers--awesome. I'm on board and so are my girls!! :) THanks for posting this so we can participate as well.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truely amazing and it's so touching to see that there are caring people left in the world. I'm going to make a card one night this week and send it out.

    Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee, this is a fantastic idea and I am so touched about your story. Our family has also had a few experiences with this disease - my gr grandmother was affected and I think my Dad was to a much milder degree. WHat a great way to show appreciation. Thanks for the pointer to Cammy's blog, too.

    Oh and I do appreciate your comments about my new little grandson! Isn't he adorable?

    Your blog candy is one step closer to being posted - oh, I am so SLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I've been so out of touch with things. Congratulations Lee - What a fantastic opportunity!!!!! I love your card here ! It's awesome. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love black and white!! This is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, Lee. Congratulations on your GinaK assignment! I can't wait to see what you will be creating!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sweetie....Thank you for the sweet comment. Lorin needs lots of prayers. I'm trying to get my blogs friends praying for him. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how I wish I could play- but the deadline is in like an hour. :(

    Congrats on the fabulous news!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a SWEET blog award for you--at my blog. =)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful, your entry is great. Cammie is truly very special. Love the cause. I lost my Aunt to complications with Alzheimers. I am sure it has touched every family in some way. Glad I found your blog, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Lee - who wouldn't want to get this in the mail?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card! I am too intimidated to try black/white cards. You are tempting me to try it. And I have got to get one of those punches. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How GORGEOUS and striking! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!