Monday, August 25, 2008

SupporTee'ng A Cause!!


Okay, cheesey title.......I know!!! LOL But I really wanted to draw attention to another fun way to use Melanie Muenchinger's Little Tees stamp set!! My friend, Kerianne, saw the Breast Cancer Awareness earrings I made with the Little Tees set and commented about making something similar for her Fundraiser for Juvenile Diabetes. Her sweet and precious little 7 y.o. niece bravely deals with this every day of her little life.......and Kerianne not only adores this little girl, but takes on the fight to find a cure for her!! You can read about it on Kerianne's Blog Entry. Well..........so I get to thinkin'...........yeah, I know...........but sometimes it's a GOOD thing!!!! ;) Why not use Gina K.'s Stamps For A Cause, How Sweet It Is that was designed specifically to promote awareness and raise funds for Diabetes research!!! Now......to make some cute earrings with the STATEMENT that's needed!!! Well............Melanie sure does provide lots of options!!! So I used the "rock" and the "let's hang out" sentiments (I masked to just get the word 'out') and hand-wrote "Diabetes". So the Tee actually says, "ROCK out Diabetes." It really is much clearer IRL!!


I colored the Tees with my Spica Atyou Glitter Pens.............OF COURSE!!!! LOL And I made the card using Taylor's Cupcake Challenge 30. It's the first time I've ever played along and I LOVED it!!! I'll definitely be playing more often!!! I used the Hero Arts Cupcake stamp set along with the Gina K. set. So that's 3 stamp sets for this Card/Earring set!! Why not??? I think they work spectacularly together!!!! Well, I hope Kerianne likes these.....I had a little trouble with the O-rings for the earrings, so hopefully they don't come apart!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

36 comments:

  1. Lee, those earrings are totally adorable! You are so very clever. The card is darling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me cry....and I have a date in an hour ;) I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!! You are amazing!!! Thank you thank you thank you for making them and for referring people over to my blog cuz we all know you gots gobs of fans and maybe they'll head over and wanna make a donation. You are too good to me!! Now, off to wipe my eyes and make sure I'm purty for my date :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute set!! I am going to have to get this Gina K Stamp set. We are be supporters of anything Diabetic/kidney related. My husband had a kidney transplant about 5 years ago and he has had diabetes since a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee this is totally fabulous and very sweet/sad story to go with. Very creative...just love those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! GREAT GIFT!! Love the cute little "Tee" set, and your card for Taylor's challenge is really really CUTE!! Love those cupcakes!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, Lee - this is so CUTE! I absolutely adore it, great job helping with the fight. you are so thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, how fabulous!! You are just too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous Lee - I jsut love this!!!! So clever, the card is too cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, they came out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are too cute! I love what you have done. Great Inspiration.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!!

    Did you find the House Mouse blog challenge? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Tee earrings, Lee. I love the sparkle and the little flourish up on the shoulder area, too! Darling cupcake card. Great idea for the fundraiser.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lee you are unstoppable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always make the cutest things. How do you find the time? I love these sets.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lee, these are awesome. What fabulous earrings...all for a great cause. When you click on the image to enlarge, you can see the print on the earrings very clearly. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lee, these are absolutely too cute and clever! Or YOU are! Lol! They are really great and I think you have made a wonderful contribution to the cause. DH has type 1 and we are both very grateful for everything people do to find out how to combat this horrible disease. Sending you huge hugs! XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both fantastic. Are the earrings out of Shrinky Dink? The cup cake is fantastic. I love the frosting. Looks fluffyand very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You are amazing! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lee, you are the best! You are so thoughtful and what a blessing this gift will be!

    Take good care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. both cards and the earrings are just adorable

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW - Lee, my friend, you've gone above and beyond! Can't say enough about this amazing project. Your talent matches your amazing heart...just out of this world beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so creative Lee.....I love the ear rings! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, you are just the most talented, kind-hearted gal around! I LOVE these, LEE! What a beautiful cause! I have been missing out on your wonderful creations and that is enough of that! I'm so impressed with this most fabulous giftset and I am inspired to try some too! I will visit Kerianne's blog too, since her DD and my brother live with the same horrible disease. Perhaps there is a way I can contribute as well, as this is very important to me also. YOu are amazing. I'm sorry I've been away from blogland for so long. I luv u and can't wait to see what other wonderful things you've been up to! Hugs, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, ps- I'm gonna give you the "I Love Your Blog" award because I love you as much as I love your blog! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those earings are adorable! I love how you put them on the larger t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea -- so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  27. How awesome...I am sure she will Love them...so clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yummy card and adorable earrings, what a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG, these have to be the cutest things I have ever seen!! Your earrings are totally ROCKIN girl. I love the little flourish and the tiny rhinestones *BLINGIN* them up! Great idea. Now can you make about 50 of those for a fundraiser?! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cause, wonderful design and a beautiful person with a great heart.
    You are an inspiration!

    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great idea. Those earings are awesome and so is the cause!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!