Sunday, August 24, 2008

DD's Grad Party & A Couple VSN Cards!!


Oh boy!!!!!!!! I should say "girl"! in honor of my DD!! LOL What a crazy weekend!!!! Lots of family, friends, food and fun!!!! Okay, and to be perfectly honest..........WORK!! I'm beat!!!! But it was an enjoyable time and celebrated my little girl truly being an adult now! **sniff sniff** Although also said with IMMENSE pride!!!! Here's a picture of her cake......I think it's just gorgeous!!! :)

This weekend was also VSN on Splitcoast!! I was a hostess, and although my challenge was a mini one in July, all of us hostesses were very involved and supported each other by participating as much as we absolutely could and commenting on all we can! I'm still working on that! LOL There was such wonderful participation and gorgeous creations!! I'm just going to share a couple at a time since this week is not only needed to get my house BACK into good shape, but to get DD and I packed for our road trip!!! We leave Thursday for Kansas City to head to the big Irish Festival. It's part of her graduation gift for my sis-in-law and I to take her and her best friend out there to hear their most favorite Celtic Bands!! I also will get to spend some time with a WONDERFUL stampin' and flybaby friend of mine!!! Kerianne..........you ready for us???!!!!! LOL

Here are a couple of the VSN challenge cards...........It's always so fun to participate in VSN, but can be very challenging at times with a 45 minute time limit!!!! LOL


Okay.............my MOST FAVORITE challenge was, of COURSE the BLING challenge!!!! It was called Fancy Nancy......and I just poured on the bling!!!!! Oh and if any of you notice on SCS by my user name...........I passed 20,000 posts and got to pick my own title!!!!! I'm a chatterer, that's for sure.........but about half of those posts also come from commenting in galleries where I really try to make some unique comments for each card!!! My title??? BLING IS BLISS!!!! LOL And this Tinkerbell image I got in an always ongoing PIF Image Swap was perfect!!!!


And this one is an Inchie challenge! I'd never made an inchie card before.......they're fun, but I need a square punch as trying to cut out perfectly even tiny squares is soooooooooo not fun!!!!!

Okeedokee...........I promise I'm in the process of catching up on blog-hopping.........this weekend was nuts and this coming week is going to be too. But little by little I just LOVE seeing what all of you have to say and to share!!!!! Hope you all had a FABulous weekend and I'll "see" y'all later!!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

30 comments:

  1. Oh my...that Tinkerbelle card is delicious! The ladybug one is adorable too! And the cake...wow...that is amazing! My second born just turned 18 and my eldest will be the big 21 in just a few days! It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs LuvLee Bling-is-Bliss! Congrats on your 20,000th post on SCS! Looks like the VSN was a lot of fun. SO glad your DD had a wonderful weekend (yes, I remember exhaustion like that) and is looking forward to her Irish venture next!

    I love your new cards - the ladybug one is especially nice. Only we call them ladybirds over here! LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cake, your dd is so pretty. I love that tinkerbelle card. The ladybug card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...love that bling, and is that a Tinkerbelle stamp? Where do you find something like that?! Love the bling and the ladybug card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. =) You're too funny. And that NEW TITLE totally fits YOU!!! ;) This card is sooo pretty and will surely make some girl very delighted to get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey congrats on picking your title, wow! the Tinkerbell card is adorable! love the green bling & you can get a 1-inch punch at Hobby Lobby (I got mine for 1/2 price) it's made by paper shapers. I love the lady bugs!! wanted to see it bigger, but it didn't open bigger

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. forgot to say Congratulations to your daughter - LOVE the cake!! woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neato cake!

    And holy moly moly that Tinkerbell card NEEEEDS me to buy that stamp...somewhere..must have it! LOL Great projects. Love the ladybugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cake!! Looks like you had fun at VSN!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear your DD had fun - awesome cake!! That tink card is adorable Lee, and I just love the ladybug, girl, you have been bzzzzzzyyyy! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always I love your cards and the cake....WOW...I love the picture on it. This is just absolutely wonderful. And a very Happy Graduation trip to both of you. Say hi to Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cake is too pretty to eat...and it would feel odd eating your daughters face, lol! Your cards are spectacular as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute inchies card, love the lady bugs. Like your title too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty cool cake and congrats to your DD. both cards are too cute, love the Tinkerbelle =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the cards, you did an amazing job with every single one and I'm so sorry I missed it! Maybe next time.

    Congrats to your daughter again...the cake is wonderful as is she!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cake! It is awesome! Your cards are all so cute - but the Tinkerbell one is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. how wonderful! I love your DD's custom cake! How special and beautiful, just like her!!! I love that Tink card, super adorable! I'm so sorry I missed SCS's VSN weekend--and especially since you hosted a challenge. That totally stinks. :( Anyways, I love your most precious blingy ladybugs and this is just so YOU! :) hugs and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW...graduation already. Great cake and love those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both awesome! I love the paper on the ladybug card and the Tinkerbell card is soooo Fabulous!! Love the colors, bling, everything! Congrats on your new title!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cake for a gorgeous girl . . . love the bling on your Tinkerbell. That is such a cute image! Love inchies too, but I hear ya on the need for a square punch. I don't have one either, and what a pain if you get one side off just a little. I am terribly behind on my blog comments, too, so I was glad to see you didn't have 24 posts that I am behind on already like some other people we know *roll eyes and whisper* Melanie! :) just teasin

    ReplyDelete
  21. I mean...the blue...and the picture...-nods- Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. And it totally didn't have any lame roses on it either, big bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Of course, the flavor contributed. I mean, it's not everyday you get the awesomeness that is store-ordered cake.

    ReplyDelete
  24. As much as I love homemade stuff...sometimes that storebought cake is just so...much...better...

    ReplyDelete
  25. And no, I wasn't being sarcastic there...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, I seriously like that storebought cake sometimes :ninja:

    ReplyDelete
  27. Did I mention I'm thrilled to be graduated? I probably did, somewhere...or maybe it was just about the cake...which is good too...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!