Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Oh I know...........everyone is.........why do we always say, "when things calm down I'll......"???? I don't know about you........but things just don't calm down!!!! LOL Oh well...........tons of calm when I'm old and can't move, eh??? LOL

Let's see........finished up my daughter's announcements. Actually she designed them and made them, I just helped doing the "grunt work".........cutting, folding, punching........just *****when***** did the roles reverse??? Oh my I am so emotional with my first one graduating High School!!! She's not even leaving for college.......she'll be taking classes mostly online (a perk when you live in the mountains!!!). It's just the fact that she's an adult......well, technically her birthday isn't until after Thanksgiving.......but she's so grown up and independent and smart and funny and, and, and, and.................grown up!!! LOL ****big sigh**** I am so incredibly proud of her, and I've just got to share her announcement.......there's also a very meaningful poem on the back. You can tell I wasn't involved in the design.........NO pink and No bling!!!! LOL I know she'll eventually have all the info on her blog about the announcement!


Oh yes!! I finished up some Stamp Of The Month House Mouse swaps that I really needed to catch up on!! But I forgot to take a picture of one of them! Oh well........you'll just have to use your imagination to conjure up a picture of of House Mousies at school with a very cute ABC background paper!! LOL Here's the other.........I made those Double Pocket Cards, using the tutorial on Judy's Blog (her directions are awesome!!!)....I LOVE those!!! With the sentiment inside as one of the tags!


Now.......here's another challenge.........today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SCS. It was another fold card for which I again was soooo thankful to have my Scor-Pal!!!! It made it so easy and fast! I used one of the new Gina K. sets, Summer Harvest.......I love it!! These will be perfect for decorating the jars of homemade jelly I make this Fall!!! I need to practice a bit more so I can balance out the embellishing of it.........but I certainly couldn't let it go nekkid.......without any bling!!!!! LOL

Now this is my card for the SCS Featured Stamper Challenge......this one was truly touching. A very talented and wonderful stamper named Michelle battles MS and yet stamps and makes lots of cards for the wonderful and special little patients at her local Children's Hospital. The challenge was to CASE a card from her lovely gallery and then send it to her! So I thought a cheery and seasonal House Mousie card would make her smile AND a child at the hospital!! Won't you play too???


Hope you all are having a wonderful week!! I'll be inking up more new stamps.....so I'll "see" ya later!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

40 comments:

  1. Love all your cards, you have been busy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! even in the midst of all your busyness you manage to find time for YOU & stamp some pretty cute cards! love 'em all, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects Lee!!! I love those little mice they are just so sweet. I love your folded card too - I'll be trying that out soon. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you HAVE been busy! {{{HUGS}}} to you for your baby growing up. I know I'll be a wreck when Eric graduates. Everything is gorgeous sweetie! You do such awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these cards, you have such a great style! Congratulations to your daughter, you have every right to feel emotional:-) Her announcement is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are fabulous girl - love them all!! And, at least you get to keep her home - I miss my son *sniff*! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your DD's marvelous announcements--awesome sentiment on the front, plus I really like lighthouses! No pink or bling is like having no fingerprints, for you, my Dear Lee, hehe! Love your house mouse card for Michelle-you are so thoughtful, even w/your busy scedule. And your special fold card is gorgeous...seriously though, I must be a total half wit because I tried that fold twice yesterday (with my Scor-Pal!) and it came out all wrong--obviously, I'm screwing some part of it up, but you've given me renewed motivation to try it 1 more time, lol! Thanks for constantly inspiring, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You just amaze me at the cards you can produce! And they are cards that arent just slapped together, they are awesome! I am really admiring the technique one from SCS, cause I too just flubbed that on all up, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand your being emotional. That's what us moms are good at right?! I already stress over the fact that my son is getting older, soon gonna be driving . . . and many other growing up things. :)

    I love your DD's announcement. It is very simple and elegant. The poem on the front is lovely, too.

    You know I just adore HM, so I love your pocket card and the merry little trio is just beautiful!! :) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee, you are amazing, That's why there's an award on my blog for you.

    What a milestone with your DD graduating! Life is a constant series of changes though and none of us can stop them. Enjoy each stage because no matter what, she will ALWAYS be your daughter.

    I love the announcements. And your cards and how you did those folds.

    Have a wonderful day!
    {{Hugs!}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your cards are just beautiful Lee and you're such a wonderful mom...love how you talk about your kids - you are truly their friend as much as you are their mother.

    Hope life slows down a bit for you soon...though I can totally relate. I also wanted to thank you for your adorable card and goodies! It was such a lovely surprise to get in the mail...I will try to post it tomorrow - big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh...you are always cranking out the cards! Love the House Mouse and the origami fold is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lee - just wanted to add that I have not forgotten your blog candy! I will have something in the post for you sooooon. And I;ll tell you when it's postal too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, seriously, I thought I left you a comment, but I guess not. What a dork I am. Love all your cards and your daughter's turned out great..so great you get to do them togehter.

    As for the other cards - all are adorable but love the mouse and teapot one...too stinkin' cute!

    Thanks for the cards and goodies...Love them and what a fun uplifting package to get in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have been busy, busy, busy! I can't imagaine my kiddos graduating, ugh, I can't even imagine my little girl going to Kindergarten this year. You're too kind and thanks for always lifting my spirits! Your cards ROCK! Love those cute mice.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Letting go is hard to do! Know this first hand...DD announcement is wonderful as well as all your creations! Take good care, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Letting go is hard to do! DD announcement is wonderful. As well as all your creations! Take good care Lee and hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lee. Your daughters announcement is wonderful...as are all your creations. Hope you are doing well, take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lee,I love those mice,they are the cutest!! All those cards are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. how do you find time to stamp girly...LOL! all your cards looks great and love your HM cards =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your DD's announcement is beautiful...love the vellum saying and the lighthouse image etc. Neat card!! LOVE the house mouse images and your pop up card is really cute! Aren't those FUN!? I KNOW--I keep saying the same thing, although I have to admit...I've done quite a few cards this week, Lol. But I think I'm about ready for the kids to go to school next month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lee you just crack me up, I think I need to switch my batteries for the brand you're using!! But seriously as you say, somehow things never slow down! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! What great cards! You have been a busy little bee! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi...again! Hmmm, I was sure I already left a comment on this post, but maybe you've been away and haven't approved it yet? Anyway, hope you're having fun, wherever you've been!! =) I have a little somethin' for ya...could you email me your snail addy please? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What happy times for you! and emotional - oh for sure! Love your creations you busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all your cards They look awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. amzing cards, I love your daughter's announcement what a fantastic poem she chose...
    (you know if she didn't love ya like a BFF she'd find a way to leave, mountains or no LOL! hugs!!!)

    those little mousey bows are too cute!
    sorry I've been away'had my bro in a town with us all week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all your cards, Lee! Your daughter's announcements turned out great. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow..great cards....beautifully done despite your busy schedule! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. HEY THERE LEE!! HOW'VE YOU BEEN??? HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT SUMMER.

    BTW...I HAVE AN AWARD FOR YOU ON MY BLOG! GO CHECK IT OUT!!
    HUGS--

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are all wonderful, especially love the fun HofM cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. oooh, I am overwhelmed, too many cute cards in one post!! love em all, but gotta say, the grad did an awesome job designing her cards. it's bootiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, Lee! Your cards are ALL outstanding and so very special! I love the last House Mouse holiday one--SO cute! Love the summer harvest strawberries, yummy! Great job on them all and I can even picture your school house mouse swap cards, which I know are totally adorable! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey girl where you hiding out at? I love the house mouse card so adorable. Your coloring is always perfect. Your amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOOTNESS! -points- That's totally my invite! I totally made it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. -huggles invites- They're so purtyfull...

    ReplyDelete
  37. -does a jig in case I haven't done one already-

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!