Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Very First Waterfall Card!!!




Oh was I ever intimidated by these for a long time!!! Okay, relatively long time as I've only been stamping for 18 months now!! But I never thought I'd be able to make one of these on my own without someone by my side to help! But I did!!! Here's the Splitcoast Tutorial I followed........Waterfall Tutorial.


I inked up some of my new Gina K. sets!!!! I stamped in Black StazOn and colored with my wonderfully loved Prisma pencils and used Gamsol to blend. One of these times I'm gonna try Baby Oil to blend as I've heard it's similar. In fact, my pal Linsey just made This Beautiful Card using the Baby Oil technique. And I know that even though Odorless Mineral Spirits are supposed to be odorless........they DO have somewhat of an odor and I know Baby Oil does smell a lot better!! I also read that if you're pregnant you should avoid the OMS and use the Baby Oil too!!


I didn't actually embellish a lot on this card..............I know!!!!!!!!!!!! You've all fainted, huh???? ;) But I did glitz up each critter and wanted that to be the focus!! And, of course, the FABULOUS summer Basic Grey designer paper!!!! What do you think????


~ Have A Creative Day! ~

25 comments:

  1. I think it's cute! I've yet to try one of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever!! I think your card turned out really really well! I have to try one of those waterfall cards one of these days....I didn't know Basic Gray made such cute paper, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job on this! I just think it is adorable! I love those stamps! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...aah! These puppies scare me...help me not be scared of them next weekend pretty please!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Lee! I'm scared to make this kind of card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely adorable, Lee! I haven't made one of these yet, either. Kind of intimidated by them, but I sure LOVE to see them. Great job, girl!! :) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...you did a fantastic job--glad you got over your fear.

    These are the perfect images for a waterfall card--so whimsical and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome blossom!!!! Lee I can't belived this is your first waterfall card...all I can say is wow! It came out amazing. I haven't gotten the nerves up to try it but you might have just given me the extra push I needed! Thanks for the constant inspiration. Hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lee, this is awesome! I want to try one too! I love the set you used and the super fun dp! You did a terrific job, this is just great! I'm so happy to be back blogging--was thinking of doing something drastic, lol! sorry I missed almost a week of comments--I'll catch up! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job lee! I love it. I haven't been brave enough to try one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! You did it! I was scared of waterfall cards at first too, but they're easier than they look! ;) They just look so fancy! I LOVE how you did yours. Those beach critters are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the waterfall Lee!!! I haven't made one of these in years...too scared. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! Aren't those cards just the coolest! How fun!

    Know you're packing! :( for me but :) for you. Will you have double the fun to take my place???? Maybe another year...right?!!! I'm going to miss seeing you sooooooooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh cool, I made one of those a million years ago and know they take alot of time. Love your fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW , you did awesome It looks Great ....Im one of those girls you hve to go step by step I would NEVER be able to make something like this ...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! This is awesome,wish you could be by my side so I could make one of those!!
    Very super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aren't these just the most fun to make!!! I do alot of them at Christmas time... Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT job! I haven't attempted one yet, but maybe I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED BY ERYNN!

    "Go read my Tag entry at www.empresseireann.blogspot.com and play along!"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ove this card, Lee. Great use of the images!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cool and fun card! I have never tried waterfall cards before. I didn't know about the baby oil and read that on Linsey's blog the other day, that's interesting and I have to give this a try, I am just concerned about staining the paper! LOL!

    Have a great mini-trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it! So cute and fun...perfect for a waterfall card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!