Saturday, June 7, 2008

Her Name Is LILA!!!!!!!


Okay, okay........here's the story...........

Have you met Lola.......on Melanie's Blog?? Well, she left for the Bright Lights to seek her fame and fortune!! She left her twin sister Lila alone in the Australian Outback!!! Well, how selfish was that??? Lola thinks she's the only one with talent and beauty............but just LOOK at LILA!!!! She's all gussied up and shakin' those tail feathers baybeeee!!!! What??? You think you have to go all Hollywood to look glamorous??? Lila really is the smart one of the two........there's Lola in L.A. pursuing the stage and trying to get casting calls in a sea of many seeking the same. But Lila is ONE OF A KIND!!! She's the ****only**** gussied up bird 'round these parts!!!! SHE's the one that gets noticed!!! Just wait 'til Lola comes home............are her feathers gonna be ruffled or what??!!! LOL

I just couldn't resist after Melanie introduced Lola. This idea has been percolating in my head ever since!!! I know the card is a bit much...........of course y'all DO know how I love my bling!!!! LOL I actually cut out part of her tail and curled it up a tad to bring a bit more dimension to it. Lila is colored with my beloved Prismas and I used the Gamsol technique. She's popped up on dimensionals. Well, I'm not so great at "scene" cards...........but I suppose this one's not too bad.....of course, the focus is Lila...........so that helps as she'll blind you when you look at her!!!! LOL Hope you get a little "kick" out of this!! I just couldn't wait to share this so I took the photo this evening...........I'll add another daylight photo tomorrow and you can realllly see her glitter and glow!!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

22 comments:

  1. Lee, this is hilarious!! What a classy bird Lila is. I guess sibing rivalry happens even in the animal kingdom!! I do like all the techniques you have used here.

    Is that a new banner I see? It looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D You're too funny. YES, she is all "gussied up" and beautiful!! ;P
    Great card. I love your colors and layout here. Have a super fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, after seeing yours and Melanie's I guess I'll have to make a cousin or something. LOL I just got my set in Friday and it will be seeing ink today!! This is adorable!! I also LOVE your new blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally funny and cute! I had to pop over and see your blog after I saw you posted on all the same blogs I do - and I am so glad I did! You are a fabulously talented stamper and now I have you saved in my faves! Wonderfully adorable card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee, you are a riot! Lila is a classy birthd for sure! Great job! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - Lila is cute!!! I love all her glitter. Your story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny.....I love how you've gussied her up and your card. It's fantastic. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha!! Too cute! LOve the Blinginess of her! Makes me want to run go do a long distance cousin too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I love your new banner photo. What pretty blossoms.
    Second Lola has nothing over her sis Lila! Other than the fishnets Lola's just the plain sis....sorry Melanie, but Lila's got style and attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crack me up!!! ;-)

    I bet you are in good place for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lila is the bomb...maybe Lola can borrow some of Lila's glitz and Lila can borrow Lola's fishnets! LOL What a fun card, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee- the card is cute, adorable, funny, witty- in other words, TERRIFIC!!!!

    However, I have another question. PLEASE tell me about the new picture at the top of your page. Did you grow that????? (If you did I will HATE YOU even more than I do now!!!!) If you actually grew a plumeria in your climate I will be SOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your story Lee and the card is beauuuttttiiiful! I can only imagine how amazing it must be IRL!

    Lovin' the new banner - looks great, just perfect for summer! Hope you had an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where are my sunglasses? The bling and sparkle from Lila are blinding! LOL! This is too cute! You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so much fun, Lee! I love Miss Lila all full of confindence--as well she should be-she's just marvelous, dahling! Could make it anywhere--I say the Austrailian Outback's Next Top Model! :) Wonderful creation, you are so clever and talented to have brought this idea to fruition! Lola would be so proud! hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lola wanted me to tell she resents the implication that she is "the dumb one"

    bwahhhh!
    (great card and very funny! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo cute. I love the colors!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!