Thursday, June 19, 2008

Headin' Out!!!!!!!!!!!

WooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

We're all packed up and just about ready to head out on our mini vacation!!!!!! It's a fun, fun Stampin' Get-together of lots of us SCS Flybabies!!!! Anyone else close enough to Kansas City and wanna stop in please e-mail me!!! The more the merrier!!!!! LOL

I apologize for minimal blogging the past few days, but we had to paint and clean and get the old house ready before we left on this trip. A rental management company is taking over this weekend and hopefully we'll get 'er rented and not have 2 mortgages!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I soooo want less stress for my awesome, awesome hubby!!!!!

I'll leave you with a couple of photos of a little bear who's been a troublemaker!! We have no trash or pet food outside, so he's busting the birdfeeders for sunflower seeds!!! Lazy bear. DH says it looks like a first-year-on-his-own bear who wants easy food. So we're teaching him NO!!! LOL DH takes the dogs and chases him...................it's hilarious!!!! I did research and the suggestion is to get a paintball gun as it stings a bit and accompanied with dogs and being chased he'll learn that humans are no fun!! Now................I'm the first to admit that I love the little guys.......and I love taking pictures.........HOWEVER..........growing up in a mountain state, we were taught at a young age that if you encourage bears, they get aggressive and can end up being put down. Now THAT is really irresponsible on the part of home-owners and those people that actually FEED the bears tick me off to no end!!!!! They're endangering people and the very bears themselves!!!! Okay..............off my soapbox..........I toldja I tend to have a big ole one I pull out at times!!!!! **wink**

I'll be crafting and stamping and posting and commenting on everyone's blogs again soon, I promise!!!!!

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

19 comments:

  1. oh man! he is cute but I hear ya about the whole soapbox thing...a year or not I would be scared of him! have fun on your trip - take lots of pics & share when you get back. be SAFE! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys have fun on the trip and miss me!! :) Wow about the bear...I've never been that close to one before. I can't wait to see all the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I think you should go the paint ball route. Get pretty colors. This way you will be able to tell if it is the same bear every time. just look for the paint ball spot and if he comes around too often eventually you will have a polka dot bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you all have a GREAT time on your mini vacation! Wow, that bear looked big in the first picture. Not so big in the second. I hope hubby has more to protect him than the dogs when he is chasing just in case the little bugger turns on him. :) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if your bear is relation to the big poppa bear that has started visiting my parents house in the Catskill Mtns recently. LOL! They are doing the same thing, doing everything they can to make the bear understand NO food in these necks of the woods and humans aren't fun. Good luck with the bear. Enjoy your mini vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, that would scare the crap outta me! I don't wanna ever see a bear,except at the zoo! But they are so furry and cute on stamps, huh! :) Hope you have a FAbulous time, enjoy and relax and just be happy and safe. Hugs and can't wait for you to come back to us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...scare him off so he'll find what he's suppose to eat to stay alive and keep away from humans. (but he IS very cute!) ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, we have one of these two....he is cute but I am scared of them! Have a wonderful time on your trip - and keeping your fingers crossed on the rental because we have been paying two mortgages for a year now and know EXACTLY how stressful that can be - we FINALLY got ours rented! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh, I'm lovin' those pictures! I live in the plain ol' plains of Texas ... prior to that in in the plains of Oklahoma! Mountain life might require me to be trained correctly!! Love these pics though ... have sweet fun stampin!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. boohoo. My sister lives in K.C. and her hobby is painting with oils. I wish sis and I could exchange places for a couple days.

    Interesting info about the bears. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bear is cute ...But we all know they are cute from far ..small or not !!! Hope you enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wowza! bears in your backyard! be safe! Have a greta trip, tellus all about it(i know you will) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's not good to have a bear that close!!! Hope he leaves for good! Hope your weekend was fantastic which I'm sure it was!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kinda glad I'm not in your shoes with the bear thing. I'm a fan at a distance and my little ones are always outside playing. Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great get away!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holly wow bears! Hope you were able to get your old house rented and can't wait to hear about your trip...I bet it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!! a bear!! scary!! have a great trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun on your mini vacation Lee....catch ya when ya get back. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  18. How funny, the part about the paint ball is good, but I wonder how long it would take the park rangers to track you down, might get you for animal cruelty.
    Funny though!
    I haven't seen a bear that close in a long time, I used to live in Gould up by Walden, nearly every morning a cinnamon would come and rattle my door. I got tired of replacing screen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my lord...I'd be so freaked out and you make it sound so cute! He is cute in pictures, but chasing him away....I'd be hiding in a closet! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!