Sunday, April 6, 2008

What A Weekend!!

I'm soooooooo glad I was feeling pretty good for the weekend so I really could enjoy the VSN night on SCS!!! Just this nagging cough that will linger for a while, but other than that....I think I'm back to my old, normal-insomniac self!!! I didn't get to all of the challenges........but I did quite a few!! And learned some brand new techniques for me!!


Challenge D: Show Your "Purse"-onality. So we were to make a paper bag Purse using THIS tutorial. This was a brand new project for me!! But I really wanted to do some new things so I can grow as a Stamper and maybe, just maybe be on a Design Team someday!! I made just a basic purse though.......the 45 minute deadlines for VSN challenges really does keep me from getting waaaaaaaay over the top!!! LOL I used Basic Grey dsp....what else?? LOL I made the front pocket a bit too big......it really is a pocket though!!


Challenge M: Rolling Out The Red Carpet. Ohhhhhhhhh yeah!!! I'm still lovin' what's left of my Cerise dsp!! And how perfect for a red challenge!! I love snowflakes in red.....I don't know.....just something festive about them!! And I used some more metallic paper thru the Cuttlebug. I just love that effect!! And I used this Dragon Red glitter I bought not too long ago! 'Cuz I LOVE me some glitter!!!! LOL


Challenge N: Leather and Metal. I just KNEW I had to do this one as I love my Wanted Stamp set!! Now, this was another new technique for me. This is the Faux Leather tutorial. This was sooooooo cool!! I love it and I will absolutely be using it again!!! I will say it's another time-consuming one, so by the time I finished the faux leather bg, I had to whip up a very, very simple card. But it's not too bad and I so love this Wanted set........did I say that already?? LOL
I also made a couple of more cards..........but I can't post them since they're a SURPRISE!!!! :)
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

16 comments:

  1. I am so bummed that I missed it!! I participated in the last one, but I had the girls this weekend so I couldn't do anything!! Your purse is fabu and I love the faux leather card!! Your snowflake card is gorgeous too!! So happy you had fun and are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag, that is gorgeous, those papers are so lush. Love the cards too.

    Glad you are feeling better, there seem to be so many nasty bugs around at the moment everyone I know seems to have had something. I keep hoping for warmer weather to kill off the bugs but it's gone cold again here. This time last year we were having a heat wave, this year we have snow! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't have made that purse in 45 years, it's beautiful as is the red card below simply stunning. I already commented on your horse card on SCS, love that faux leather and must try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic again!! Thanks so much for the links to the tutorials - I have made a purse before but not as intricate as yours. And the cuttlebugged foil is so pretty - I liek the red snowflake too! And faux leather is something i have been meaning to try. Will see if I get a chance to do that soon.

    Thanks for sharing so much, Lee, and for all your wonderful ideas. Keep getting better, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all fantastic! I always felt my VSN stuff was pretty pathetic so I stopped playing. I'd rather do stuff when I'm inspired & not on a time frame. I love your purse & the faux leather with wanted is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee, So glad you are feeling much better. Sorry that the insomnia is still around, but you do get wonderful projects done with it. If that is a basic purse I can't wait to see a fancy one. I think the pocket size is perfect with that flower on it.

    I hope you continue to get beeter and that a very good night sleep is in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. once again, Lee, you have pulled together some fabulous creations!!! Way to stamp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your challenge cards are fantastic!! I LOVE the purse and the red one. You rock!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...did I miss out. I'll have to give some of these a try when I have a little more time. Lovin' the purse and totally with you on the Cerise dsp...it's just stuning! Your faux leather card is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creations you made this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheesh - you stamp 'em quicker than I can comment on 'em! ;-)
    Faux leather: very COOL...I need to try that, very slick results
    Red card: wow Wow WOW! Now THAT'S a knock 'em dead card (but only in the bestest sense).
    Purse: they are getting cuter and cuter! I love the HPH pieces on this one-it looks so "real"!

    You had a great virtual weekend - thanks for sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awsome cards and purse Lee!! I love the pocket size you have on the purse...it complements the flower perfectly!! The red snowflake card is so beautiful!! For some reason I never really think red for snow...I will have to give that combo a try! I also really like your horse card! The leather look is just too cool and complements the image wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute lee.....I love them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura (scrapnextras)April 7, 2008 at 10:17 PM

    These are all so fabulous! I love that purse...I will have to check out the tutorial!

    And I have no doubt you'll be on a design team one day...just keep on pumping out these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the purse! How adorable! I'm not a big fan of the color red but you changed my mind about the color with your stunning red card. The last card is great awsome, would make a fabulous male card. I love the look of leather. keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all very cool cards....love that red snowflake one, the purse, too! Thanks for sharing them with us!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  16. The purse is really lovely, you've inspired me to try. I've enjoyed looking through all your blog posts and have learned so much. Itching now to go and try some new ideas out that you've goven me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!