Saturday, April 12, 2008

RAKs I've Been Blessed With!!!

I have met some of the most supportive women on Splitcoast!! And now I'm so happy to call them my friends!!! The first group I joined on Splitcoast is the Flybaby group.........and what a supportive and loving group!!! I was so thrilled and honored when I was asked a few months ago to be a Moderator on the Flybaby Group! A short time later and I feel I know so many of them so well.......and my fantastic hubby has now taken a couple of roadtrips so I could meet many of them in person!!!



Here are some of the TAGs (a fun game of RAK'ing in the Flybaby Forum) that I've received!! These are in order from Misti, Rebekah, Christi, Cory and Sarah. I have many more, but these are the most recent! And also.....just had to let you know that I got to meet up with 2 of my Flybaby friends I made on SCS this weekend in OKC!! This is the 2nd time I've been able to get together with these two ladies and do we ever have a blast!! Shopping, stamping, shopping, eating, visiting, shopping, talking.........well you get the picture!!! LOL Our hubbies and the little kiddos all went Geocaching and left us to just have fun!! I think my hubby made two new converts to the sport!!!! LOL






I also have made some absolutely fantastic and talented stamping friends on SCS (especially in the Challenge Forum) and through blogging!! Oh my have these women encouraged me so much and boosted my confidence as a fledgeling stamper!! Their blogs and creations are truly amazing and I am so blessed and so happy to call them my friends now!!! They may not realize it, but they're stuck with me for a good, long while now!!!! LOL I've received GORgeous RAKs from them!! In order these are from Donna, Jessie, Linsey and Carolina! There are more, but I have to take pictures of them!!!

Tomorrow we head home..........and as much as I've enjoyed getting to visit with dear friends and shop and stamp, I miss MY KIDS!!!! They've been awesome!! And dd had her first big driving adventure. We let her and a friend go to a Library Author Interview Panel and Luncheon in the city. By city I DO mean Colorado Springs.........I know it's not huge.......but still it IS a city and we were out of State!!! THAT was so tough for me to start this "letting go" process!!! She's an extremely responsible 17 y.o. and had a friend with her. And her cell phone. And a map. And friends on stand-by. And had to check in with me. (This isn't sounding so much like letting go now, is it?????) ROFL!!! Hey......this is NOT easy.....I have to do this in Baby Steps!!! Well, they made it down there safely, had a wonderful time and made it home safely. WHEW!!! The next time will easier, won't it?????
Wishing you all a blessed and relaxing Sunday.........I'll "see" you all when I get home!!!
~ Have A Creative Day! ~

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting my RAK. You are one loved woman that's for sure! LOL I feel VERY blessed to call you friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful cards your friends have given you!! You deserve it, Lee. You are always there for your friends :-)

    And good for you, letting your DD go on a trip like that. Letting go is HARD. It does get easier, and you do need to teach her life skills so she will be safe. You're doing just fine!

    So you went shopping and visiting, huh? Sounds great! Can't wait to see your new creations with your new stash!!

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful RAKS for a beautiful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! You lucky girl!! Getting all the mail must have made your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great week-end! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lee, look at all your cards! I happen to know that you are one of the most kind hearted and giving ladies I've ever known and the love you send out has obviously come back to you! You are amazing and I love my newest card you sent me! All those goodies are way to generous, you! I posted your card in my RAK album on SCS! Thanks again! Have a safe trip home and good for you for *letting go* a bit with the dd. I almost laughed when I saw that her first real driving adventure was to a Library Luncheon!...it doesn't get much safer than that--but I know what you mean. My 17 yr. old brother started driving to Lake Tahoe to snowboard this year on his own and it's all my poor Mom can do to not have a heart attack every time he goes. It is nice to have someone available to run to the store for you, though. Take advantage of having a little errand runner while you can, hehe! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, what awesome raks! I think my olive twill fell of the one I sent ya, looks barren! fun you get to visit your friends!! your dd's adventure was fun, I'm sure its not easy to let go but you seem like you've done a great job raising her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee, You are doing a wonderful job with your kids. And it's so great to hear a mom say she was happy to travel but she can't wait to get home cause she misses them. Congratulations on your baby steps in letting go....after all that is the eventual goal of parenthood isn't it? You never will totally let go of worry, but it will diminish some.

    The cards are wonderful have a safe trip home. You are one blessed woman and I am glad to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all gorgeous. What a lucky lady you are.

    Well done on letting go with your daughter. They never tell you how hard that is in the parenting books do they? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful rak for a wonderful Lee! You are so sweet...I know too well the letting go process! It is so hard to even describe! Have a safe journey home! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so much fun to get "real" mail....these are beautiful cards from your stampin' friends. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You've certainly received some amazing RAKs! These are all wonderful!

    Great job "letting go", Mom! You did better than I think I'll do... I'll probably be secretly following behind in another car to check up on things! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, you sure ARE loved! Beautiful cards for a very deserving friend-thanks for sharing them.

    Kudos to you for working on the "letting go" thing. I've got a couple more years before #1 drives, I think if I start therapy now, I'll be ready, lol! ;-)

    Hope you got home safely and it sounds like you had a grand visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful cards/friends you have. All the cards are lovely.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun...talk about happy, happy mail!!!

    Glad you made it back safe and sound and hope you get some stampin' time in...going through Lee creation withdraw!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow girl, that is a ton of RAK's, what does that tell you...u r luved!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!